Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49413)

Halsey 11-07-2011 01:22 PM

Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
 
So Trent Richardson is really fun to watch and looks the part of a future Pro Bowl RB. I have a few thoughts on him I'd like to discuss:

-His combination of physical tools and skills seem ideal for the NFL.

-I see no signs of maturity issues.

-He doesn't have a ton of wear on his tires.

-He's kind of like the RB version of Julio Jones.

-The recent history of Alabama RBs who played under Saban worries me a bit.

DraftSavant 11-07-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 2739832)
So Trent Richardson is really fun to watch and looks the part of a future Pro Bowl RB. I have a few thoughts on him I'd like to discuss:

-His combination of physical tools and skills seem ideal for the NFL.

-I see no signs of maturity issues.

-He doesn't have a ton of wear on his tires.-He's kind of like the RB version of Julio Jones.

-The recent history of Alabama RBs who played under Saban worries me a bit.

That's really, really huge. I don't think it's any coincidence that Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson both really struggled with injuries early in their careers. They were run into the ground at Texas.

I love Trent, and I think he's a special prospect. Not Adrian Peterson-level, but he isn't that far behind.

4U2NV 11-07-2011 01:44 PM

Richardson is a beast, I love the kid. I'm somewhat concerned about the Alabama RB factory but it's not enough for me to push him down the board. He's explosive, he's a factor in the passing game (which is HUGE for a RB these days, look how ineffective guys like Blount and Shonn Greene are when their teams are trailing) he's also an above average pass blocker from what I've seen which means he'll be one of the rare 3-down backs in the league when he makes the jump. That game on Saturday night convinced me 100% that he's the best RB prospect in the last 5 years, to churn out yardage against a very tough and stingy D says a lot. He was the best offensive player on the field for either team. It's easy to run wild on the creampuff teams of the NCAA, but to do that against LSU solidifies it.

Saints-Tigers 11-07-2011 01:55 PM

More of a mid first rounder to me than a dominant top 5 type...

Not sure I wouldn't rather Lamar Miller at the top of the 2nd, if he slipped there.

Punisher 11-07-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers (Post 2739873)
More of a mid first rounder to me than a dominant top 5 type...

Not sure I wouldn't rather Lamar Miller at the top of the 2nd, if he slipped there.

Same. While it's been fun watching a guy who was highly recruited, has muscle like a greek god, and plays for one of the biggest college football program succeed, I still don't see that "Elite" aspect to him. His vision is just above average and Alabama gets alot of success out of Nick Saban's running backs.

I wouldn't want to deny him of eventually being a top back in the league because of the psychical qualities he possesses though, but with the way running backs are valued now I would rather go for a guy like Lamar Miller a little later. This can also be credited to the fact I love Miller's game. :)

RaiderNation 11-07-2011 03:16 PM

He is a sure fire top 5 prospect this year, and top 10 pick. There's no RB even close thats eligible to Richardson, and I expect his name to be called early. Denver and Seattle seem likely destinations, depending on what they do with their QB situations.

dannyz 11-07-2011 03:39 PM

I had an argument today with my Friend at school today, he said Richardson would be smarter to stay in school and go higher in the Draft next year, I said he is a top 15 Pick now and RB's nowadays don't go very high plus why would you stay in College and get hit for Free or go Pro and make Millions right now?

bucfan12 11-07-2011 03:50 PM

Richardson is the best RB prospect to come out since Adrian Peterson that actually warrants a top 10 selection.

He may not be Adrian Peterson, but he's close. The dude is huge and honestly, you need 3-4 guys to bring him down. I see defenders go at his legs and they're like tree trunks that run a 4.5 or less speed.

Very good reciever out of the backfield. Complete RB prosecpt.

BRAVEHEART 11-07-2011 03:55 PM

He reminds me of a stronger version of Jonathan Stewart coming out of Oregon, but not as fast or agile due to his super bulked up physique. I wouldn't put him in the AD, DMC, or Steven Jackson level of runningback prospects, but he's one of the very few runningbacks that should be picked in the 1st (mid 1st at that).

dannyz 11-07-2011 08:03 PM

Sorry this is very off topic but I read that Trent Richardson has two kids, Does anyone know if this is True? Thank You.

RCSooner 11-07-2011 08:07 PM

It's too soon to tell if Richardson will have an impact if he comes out this year. I think he should stay another year and improve his running between the tackles. The LSU game shows he needs to improve as a player.

FUNBUNCHER 11-07-2011 09:11 PM

Alabama can't pass effectively enough to open up space against a D like LSU.
Also Richardson is running behind IMO the best Oline in college. The only thing Richardson lacks is elite speed, but clearly he does possess excellent game speed.

It will be interesting to see who gets drafted first, Lamar Miller or Richardson??
Miller has elite tools and that 'Canes pedigree, but Richardson just looks built for the pro game.

He reminds me of Ryan Mathews as a pro prospect.

shylo3716 11-07-2011 09:16 PM

Trent Richardson


JRTPlaya21 11-07-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyz (Post 2740333)
Sorry this is very off topic but I read that Trent Richardson has two kids, Does anyone know if this is True? Thank You.

Yes two daughters but rumors are that he wants to get his degree.

CDCB14 11-07-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2740726)
Yes two daughters but rumors are that he wants to get his degree.

I hate to break it to you, but there is a better chance that the sun burns out and hell freezes over before Richardson returns to Alabama for his senior year.

Staying as a RB is blasphemy. No way man. (Unless your DeMarco Murray!)

dannyz 11-07-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2740726)
Yes two daughters but rumors are that he wants to get his degree.

The Only thing I can say is take the Money now because you can always get your Degree later. Why risk Playing in the NFL and Millions of Dollars for something you can get when ever you want? I mean God Forbid he could go back and get hurt to where he can never play again and there goes the NFL and Money. Take the Money and NFL Now, If he really wants his degree he could take classes in the Off season.

thegreatone 11-07-2011 11:05 PM

The next Steven Jackson.

Iamcanadian 11-07-2011 11:35 PM

Top 5 pick IMO. The Steven Jackson comparison is pretty solid.

JRTPlaya21 11-07-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCB14 (Post 2740813)
I hate to break it to you, but there is a better chance that the sun burns out and hell freezes over before Richardson returns to Alabama for his senior year.

Staying as a RB is blasphemy. No way man. (Unless your DeMarco Murray!)

Lol I have had Trent declaring in my head this season for years now. Only a fool (Luck, Bradford) would stay.

VUBlacknGold 11-08-2011 12:49 AM

he reminds me of Marshawn Lynch at cal, but idk why

Complex 11-08-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold (Post 2741098)
he reminds me of Marshawn Lynch at cal, but idk why

The dreads? and there kind of built the same.

Caulibflower 11-08-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2740614)
It will be interesting to see who gets drafted first, Lamar Miller or Richardson??

Are you serious? Do you really think some team would prefer Lamar Miller?

FUNBUNCHER 11-08-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calubflower (Post 2741150)
Are you serious? Do you really think some team would prefer Lamar Miller?

One guy is 5'10, @210-215#, tough elusive with 4.3 speed.
Other guy is 5'11, @220-225#, bull strong, powerful, great feet, fast for a big back but won't outrun NFL secondaries.

It's a choice between a runner with a Lesean McCoy/LD skillset versus a guy with Steven Jackson/Brandon Jacobs(in his prime) ability.

I don't like comparing Richardson to AD because Peterson is quicker, faster, more elusive.

Yeah I do think some teams will rate Miller higher than Richardson because of their offensive scheme and Miller's perceived better big play ability.

TheSlinger 11-08-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyz (Post 2740001)
I had an argument today with my Friend at school today, he said Richardson would be smarter to stay in school and go higher in the Draft next year, I said he is a top 15 Pick now and RB's nowadays don't go very high plus why would you stay in College and get hit for Free or go Pro and make Millions right now?

Not declaring as a RB where the risk of injury is so high and the shelf-life is so short would be madness.

murdamal86 11-08-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2740614)
He reminds me of Ryan Mathews as a pro prospect.

remind me of MOJO to some degree due the lower body build and they seem to run "close to the ground"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.