Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   SWDC/NFLDC Hall of Fame (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49466)

diabsoule 11-10-2011 05:38 PM

SWDC/NFLDC Hall of Fame
 
Since P-L left there hasn't been a new class inducted into the Hall of Fame and I'm going to take over what P-L did.

What I want everyone to do is compile a list of who they would like to see be in the latest NFLDC HoF class. Reasons for why they should be inducted are welcome. PM me your ballot.

This thread is for general HoF discussion.

I will take everyone's ballot into consideration but some people's opinions carry more weight than others. The team leaders, those with with weight on this forum, etc. will have their ballots considered moreso than someone who has just joined.

Because there hasn't been a new Hall of Fame class in 10 years I want everyone to include up to 10 people on their ballot.

Have fun and thanks for everyone's help.

Already in the Hall of Fame

Posters:

bearsfan_51
Charger Fanatic
Creek
EdReedUnstoppable
Lions WMD
newkwhy
nobodyinparticular
Shiver
slightlyaraiderfan
SuperKevin
toonsterwu
Xiomera

Moderators and Administrators:

4U2NV
D-Unit
draftguru151
JBond93
njx9
P-L
Ward

Raiderz4Life 11-10-2011 05:41 PM

BBD is my nomination.

His posts are gold a great majority of the time.

TACKLE 11-10-2011 05:43 PM

yourfavestoner!

Hurricanes25 11-10-2011 05:43 PM

Edit: I'll PM it.

MetSox17 11-10-2011 05:46 PM

Yourfavestoner

Sniper26

Caddy 11-10-2011 05:49 PM

I think there should be some southern hemisphere recognition. At the moment the hall is looking a little hemispherically discriminatory.

Complex 11-10-2011 05:51 PM

YFS was probably the best poster before you know so I vote for him.

ccB 11-10-2011 05:52 PM

BBD shouldn't be inducted based mostly on the dumb **** he'd say in the NBA thread last season.

TitanHope 11-10-2011 05:53 PM

You're involving the community and not just Admins/Mods/HoF'ers? Sweetness.

Should we PM these to you, or do you want us to post them? I think PM'ing a ballot may be best, and possibly exclude it to Admins, Mods, HoF'ers, TL's, and posters who hit an activity requirement, whether it's join date, post count, or posts per day ratio. Nothing like extreme like "only posters with 10,000 posts or a 2006 or before join date," but just enough of a cutoff so the dude who joined for the draft this past April and has been lurking ever since doesn't get to make an uninformed vote after checking the rep list.

diabsoule 11-10-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 2743482)
You're involving the community and not just Admins/Mods/HoF'ers? Sweetness.

Should we PM these to you, or do you want us to post them? I think PM'ing a ballot may be best, and possibly exclude it to Admins, Mods, HoF'ers, TL's, and posters who hit an activity requirement, whether it's join date, post count, or posts per day ratio. Nothing like extreme like "only posters with 10,000 posts or a 2006 or before join date," but just enough of a cutoff so the dude who joined for the draft this past April and has been lurking ever since doesn't get to make an uninformed vote after checking the rep list.

Good idea. I want the SWDC community to get involved and because I have been her for quite some time I know whose opinion carries a little more weight than others.

ccB 11-10-2011 05:56 PM

I vote for cardsalltheway, jets future, and of course...GiantRutgersFan!

Caddy 11-10-2011 05:59 PM

Can I vote to get DG out of the HoF?

MetSox17 11-10-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 2743480)
BBD shouldn't be inducted based mostly on the dumb **** he'd say in the NBA thread last season.

I think BBD turned into the Stephen A. Smith of the NFL forum, too.

Punisher 11-10-2011 06:13 PM

Scuba deserves a mention

SuperMcGee 11-10-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 2743487)
Can I vote to get DG out of the HoF?

Second. cupcakes

Complex 11-10-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2743489)
I think BBD turned into the Stephen A. Smith of the NFL forum, too.

How? I don't really pay attention to Stephen A. Smith. Does he say SL-AVA ME-DE-VE-DENKO?

DoughBoy 11-10-2011 06:22 PM

I think BeerBaron, Brent, Papa CJ, TH, Drew, Tackle, Caddy, Deep and CCB should all be first ballot HOFers. And GRF, he was a legend before I even joined the board.

Giantsfan1080 11-10-2011 06:30 PM

Is there a limit on the # of people who will get inducted this year? Should we only send lists with 5 names or it could be unlimited?

TitanHope 11-10-2011 06:31 PM

Is the ballot limit 3? Cause I've got...11 so far, and this is without the 2006 crew.

This is gonna get hard to narrow down... :(

brat316 11-10-2011 06:34 PM

TheDong


great poster, always had amazing topics. he was short lived though.


but for realz, BeerBaron. He is putting the NFL forum on hiz back.

MetSox17 11-10-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2743495)
How? I don't really pay attention to Stephen A. Smith. Does he say SL-AVA ME-DE-VE-DENKO?

Very talented as a relatively unknown guy, wrote objectively. Then people started noticing and saw how "underrated" he was, and he got more and more attention. Got a little too much, too soon and his work started becoming more about being bold and flashy. And loud.

yodabear 11-10-2011 06:40 PM

I nominate myself and Breed.

diabsoule 11-10-2011 06:40 PM

I'm going to limit the ballot to 10 because it's been almost 3 years since the last induction class.

Like I said, PM your ballot with explanations.

Caddy 11-10-2011 06:43 PM

I shall send my ballot form in later tonight

Raiderz4Life 11-10-2011 06:46 PM

How many ppl on our ballots?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.