Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Accepted! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49826)

Malaka 12-01-2011 04:02 PM

Accepted!

GUYS!!!!!! I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED I HAVE RECEIVED A FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA THROUGH THE QUESTBRIDGE PROGRAM!

I am so happy right now :')

Though I haven't been as active as I used to be I still lurk here daily! And I just wanted to let all you know that you have been a big part of my life, believe it or not, for the last three years I have been a member here. I respect almost all your opinions so dearly, and so many of you have provided me such sound advice over the years!

I love you all guys, I just wanted to share my happiness with you all!

Raiderz4Life 12-01-2011 04:04 PM

Congrats man. Good luck with school.

jrdrylie 12-01-2011 04:15 PM

Congrats man. Virginia is a great school. And in my experience, having a full ride to college makes it sooooo much better. More money for beer and dates with women.

JoeJoeBrown 12-01-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 2771072)
GUYS!!!!!! I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED I HAVE RECEIVED A FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA THROUGH THE QUESTBRIDGE PROGRAM!

I am so happy right now :')

Though I haven't been as active as I used to be I still lurk here daily! And I just wanted to let all you know that you have been a big part of my life, believe it or not, for the last three years I have been a member here. I respect almost all your opinions so dearly, and so many of you have provided me such sound advice over the years!

I love you all guys, I just wanted to share my happiness with you all!

I don't know you at all, but that is seriously a great accomplishment. You must have busted your ass and I congratulate you.

UVA is an excellent school and if you play your cards right, you can make some seriously awesome connections there. Lots of old money families and other rich people go there.

Work it.

ATLDirtyBirds 12-01-2011 04:21 PM

Very fratty school, FWIW.

MetSox17 12-01-2011 04:27 PM

That's great, man, congratulations. Now imagine how far you'd get if you weren't a douche guido.

Malaka 12-01-2011 04:33 PM

Well ATL we'll see if I'll be a EDIT: GID (GDI lol) (God Damn Independent), I leaning towards that honestly.

And Metsox I have since changed my ways, no longer do I have the short fade nor do I wear any chains nor do I wear my shirts unbuttoned by more than three buttons (I still go with two... sometimes). But you're right imagine where I could have been if I didn't waste away my freshman year getting wasted all the time.

Regardless lol thanks for the congrats guys.

vidae 12-01-2011 04:33 PM

Wow, congrats dude! Awesome accomplishment! Remember, partying and getting laid is awesome (and totally part of the college experience) but it's also a lot of hard work. Make sure you balance your priorities correctly and you're in for the time of your life.

ElectricEye 12-01-2011 04:42 PM

Hey, that's a serious accomplishment man and an absolutely fantastic school(Football program is coming up too). Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your time there.

ImBrotherCain 12-01-2011 04:42 PM

Congrats Man!

Though now we must be mortal enemies...

Go HOKIES!

Malaka 12-01-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 2771131)
Congrats Man!

Though now we must be mortal enemies...

Go HOKIES!

Don't worry I'll take the annual ass whooping like a man hahahaha. But the program is on the up and up, I was reading about the Head Coach seems like a good guy for the job.

Giantsfan1080 12-01-2011 05:12 PM

Congrats. Better rep the Giants well down there.

bored of education 12-01-2011 05:14 PM

According to US News and World Report the University of Virginia's homosexual population will increase by 19% in 2012. Nice work Malaka

niel89 12-01-2011 05:14 PM

Congrats man!

Brent 12-01-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 2771072)
THE QUESTBRIDGE PROGRAM!

1) congrats
2) what is questbridge?
3) I guess you gave up on football?

soybean 12-01-2011 05:16 PM

first of all, second the "what is questbridge?"

second of all, congrats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2771094)
Very fratty school, FWIW.

third of all, perfect! join a frat.

MetSox17 12-01-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2771190)
1) congrats
2) what is questbridge?
3) I guess you gave up on football?

Quote:

QuestBridge is a venture of the Quest Scholars Program, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, that links high-achieving low-income students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nationís best colleges and universities. QuestBridge provides the College Prep Scholarship for high school juniors and the National College Match program for high school seniors. The National College Match is an alternative, generally binding, application process for high-school seniors. The College Prep Scholarship offers juniors awards, including various resources to facilitate the college application process.[1]
Odd. I'm pretty sure Malaka would make it rain in his guido days, and drove a Benz or something. Not sure we have the same definition of low-income.

bored of education 12-01-2011 05:19 PM

Queensbridge Oochi Wally *****!

Malaka 12-01-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2771196)
Odd. I'm pretty sure Malaka would make it rain in his guido days, and drove a Benz or something. Not sure we have the same definition of low-income.

My father passed away since those times, a lot of things have changed since then, and my mom has never held a job. So yeah, I had two paths to go down keep being a douche bag and disrespect my father's memory, or do a total reversal of fortune and make him proud posthumously.

A lot of things have changed since I was dubbed the Josh Freeman of Guidos. I am also very grateful for Questbridge for giving me this amazing opportunity.

Thanks everyone for all the praise! I really appreciate.

Boe you always make me laugh, lol, I guess there will be homosexuals but everything I have read about the student body, at least the females, is awesome ;)

Malaka 12-01-2011 05:35 PM

http://www.questbridge.org/

btw for any questions about it

TheBoyWonder22 12-01-2011 05:37 PM

Hell yeah! Way to go bro!

Malaka 12-01-2011 05:44 PM

Brent as for football, my coach got fired my senior year. There was no offseason workout program, and well I just naturally slimmed down to 162 from my playing weight of 178... I doubt any school wants a 6'1 162 pound 4.8/4.9 Linebacker, so I didn't play my senior season I devoted it to scholarships and academics which I can proudly say worked.

I might ask the new coach at my school if I can join his weight-lifting program and see if I can't gain back my playing weight, and maybe try to walk-on. It's a long shot but so was this scholarship, and everything else I have done to turn my life around. I might just do it.

ATLDirtyBirds 12-01-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 2771262)
Brent as for football, my coach got fired my senior year. There was no offseason workout program, and well I just naturally slimmed down to 162 from my playing weight of 178... I doubt any school wants a 6'1 162 pound 4.8/4.9 Linebacker, so I didn't play my senior season I devoted it to scholarships and academics which I can proudly say worked.

I might ask the new coach at my school if I can join his weight-lifting program and see if I can't gain back my playing weight, and maybe try to walk-on. It's a long shot but so was this scholarship, and everything else I have done to turn my life around. I might just do it.

Get ripped/jacked before heading to college, yes. But don't walk on. Focus on schoolwork/easy campus job(for spending money)/parties.

Malaka 12-01-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2771289)
Get ripped/jacked before heading to college, yes. But don't walk on. Focus on schoolwork/easy campus job(for spending money)/parties.

Well I am getting that first part done, I got a membership at a gym just last week, and I got a job at a place opening in 20 days. Life is good right now :)

Paul 12-01-2011 06:26 PM

Ahhh, To be a freshman again.