Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Girl freaks out in library. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50000)

Ness 12-10-2011 01:47 PM

Girl freaks out in library.

Apparently this has caused a buzz around the internet. Maybe because it has to do with an Asian person in a library and there was already that video a few months ago regarding UCLA. This is at Cal State Northridge.

As a black person myself, I'll just say this video isn't doing any favors for the black community. That's apparent in the comments on YouTube.

Raiderz4Life 12-10-2011 01:50 PM

My friend is friends with the person recording this vid lol

Its really a shame.

vikes_28 12-10-2011 01:52 PM

Can i have that 1:23 of my life back please? That was extremely disappointing. Seriously thought there was going to be a ***** fight there. :(

Jvig43 12-10-2011 02:03 PM

Yeah I have to say I was expecting more. It was funny but Idk if it's thread worthy.

vidae 12-10-2011 02:07 PM

That isn't freaking out. I've seen muuuuch worse around finals haha.

Raiderz4Life 12-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2782748)

O yea...I have too lol

Ness 12-10-2011 02:10 PM

I had to get you guys to watch the video somehow.

Razor 12-10-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2782748)

I've never seen anyone freak out around finals. It makes no sense to get so worked up about people making noises in library. Also, I don't see how this is thread worthy.

JoeJoeBrown 12-10-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 2782789)
I've never seen anyone freak out around finals. It makes no sense to get so worked up about people making noises in library. Also, I don't see how this is thread worthy.

At least once a year during/after semester finals we'd have at least one kid swan dive off of the tallest parking garage after they realized that they bombed a class.

They were typically chinese grad students. Very sad.

BaLLiN 12-10-2011 03:40 PM

this is why we have noise-canceling headphones, earplugs, etc. I use earplugs all the time when my roommate decides to stay up untill 430 am listening to chipmunked music videos and creep on facebook. The wants of many override the wants of one, if she doesn't like the noise it's not her right to force someone to stop talking. I don't like having my sleep disturbed, but I realize that someone else has the same entitlement as I do, and politely asking is the only reasonable way to stop someone besides adjusting your situation to theirs.

The fact that the girl is asian is just sheer racism to poke fun at the stereotype of the asian community and their obsession to do well in school, but these black girls are not wrong in refusing to talk. Whether they were talking loudly or not we don't know, (common courtesy in a library is to be quiet), but to defend their right to talk when someone is being rude is acceptable imo.

nepg 12-10-2011 03:54 PM

In a ******* library, the Asian chick is most certainly in the right here.

StickSkills 12-10-2011 03:59 PM

Considering who it appears has the video camera, I'm guessing there is more to the story.

iowatreat54 12-10-2011 04:04 PM

Yea, the Asian chick probably could have just moved to a different part of the library and definitely didn't need to act like that, but chances are the people with the camera were probably being loud and/or rude. Definitely more to this than the video leads on.

Oh, and that wasn't freaking out.

nepg 12-10-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 2782846)
Yea, the Asian chick probably could have just moved to a different part of the library and definitely didn't need to act like that, but chances are the people with the camera were probably being loud and/or rude. Definitely more to this than the video leads on.

Oh, and that wasn't freaking out.

I mean, she was on the other side of the library. Might have only been that area for study. Besides, why should she move when they're the ones being loud and obviously not doing anything productive in the library?

They had a camera, they were obviously being loud to begin with, then were trying to egg her on. I've seen that happen so many times. There's no defense for the camera-holders. They were being disruptive on purpose.

iowatreat54 12-10-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2782849)
I mean, she was on the other side of the library. Might have only been that area for study. Besides, why should she move when they're the ones being loud and obviously not doing anything productive in the library?

They had a camera, they were obviously being loud to begin with, then were trying to egg her on. I've seen that happen so many times. There's no defense for the camera-holders. They were being disruptive on purpose.

Oh absolutely. I was just saying she would have been better off just moving than acting like that, even though she really shouldn't have to move. Chances are she walked over to try and calmly ask/tell them to be quiet, and they acted like assholes. It's pretty obvious when the video starts off in the middle of her walking back to her seat.

I would say there's a 90% chance the camera holders were being obnoxious assholes, and the Asian chick just had no patience for it.

Bosanac01 12-10-2011 05:05 PM

I also say this is not good for the black community. I've seen cases like this in real life where they would get in a group together and feel they have a right to be loud and disrespectful to everyone around them. Different groups of people just act different, there is nothing you can do about it.

At the end of the day, that asian girl will probably study and do really well and get a nice job down the road, while the people with the camera won't do **** with their life.

M.O.T.H. 12-10-2011 05:08 PM

Lame and underwhelming. I saw this on yahoo's front page the other day and I dont get what's so funny about it.

yodabear 12-10-2011 05:20 PM

Why do people freak out so badly at finals.

Bosanac01 12-10-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodapoop (Post 2782904)
Why do people freak out so badly at finals.

Because one test can be the difference between passing and failing as well as determining if you get an A, B, or C in the course. I have a class where there is only a midterm and final. So if you didn't do too well on the midterm, you are counting on the final, and it's 50% of your grade.

Rabscuttle 12-10-2011 05:41 PM

They must have confused the library with the movie theatre.

descendency 12-10-2011 05:58 PM

Here's freaking out in a library done right:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfv...ews#rel-page-5

Just for reference, I was down one floor studying for my final. (this was a while ago though)

Another video that I just saw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8z4A9iyT-k

ElectricEye 12-10-2011 06:22 PM

They told him Wifi would be free.

Rosebud 12-10-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 2782907)
Because one test can be the difference between passing and failing as well as determining if you get an A, B, or C in the course. I have a class where there is only a midterm and final. So if you didn't do too well on the midterm, you are counting on the final, and it's 50% of your grade.

I wish I had classes like that. :-(

Ngatachance92 12-10-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabscuttle (Post 2782921)
They must have confused the library with the movie theatre.

(Bah dum dum) I can't rep you right now so have this punchline indicator.

yodabear 12-10-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 2782907)

Damn well I guess I would freak out if something like that happened at my school. Really glad it doesn't tho.