Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco 49ers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   49ers MNF Gameday Thread: Week 15: Steelers at 49ers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50086)

Borat 12-14-2011 03:12 AM

49ers MNF Gameday Thread: Week 15: Steelers at 49ers

Week 15:
Monday, December 19, 2011

Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3)
at
San Francisco 49ers (10-3)

Time: 5:30 pm pst

Here we go.

Monday Night Football. **** yea.

It's Tom-Tom week

Loved him in "Major League II"

It never gets old.

I love this guy.

OK, enough playing around. Huge game on a huge stage. It would be nice to make a statement to the nation.

Unfortunately, this guy is very questionable

For real though, I'd rather he played. I want the 9ers to win with no excuses. We need an impressive win.

Not worried about this

Because we got this

Well, maybe #52 will be in there. He's a gametime decision.

Dashon, we need more of this

and this

and none of this

There may be none of this

Supsended 1 game pending appeal. Again, I hope he plays. I want their best effort.

Our redzone offense is dreadful. I got an idea ...

Please, please, please, get this guy the ball

And definitely none of this

Let's review

This

Not this

Easy.

And, let's all hail my man-crush

10.5 sacks. Needs 2 more to break Charles Haley's rookie record of 12. Awesome season in limited snaps. This guy is going to be a star.

Finally, just want to show some love for the special teams. Outstanding all year.

Standings: It's a battle of two first-place teams!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (10-3)
2. Arizona Cardinals (6-7)
2. Seattle Seahawks (6-7)
4. St. Louis Rams (2-11)

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3)
1. Baltimore Ravens (10-3)
3. Cincinnati Bengals (7-6)
4. Cleveland Browns (4-9)

Special Note:

Brent 12-14-2011 05:42 AM

I'm actually with you, Borat, on the Niners facing a healthy Steelers team.

I'd like to see them win against a full-strength elite team.

Ness 12-14-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2788649)

Agreed. Looks like James Harrison isn't playing because of the hit against Colt McCoy. I wish he was. I hope Ben Roethlisberger plays too. I have a feeling he'll suck it up and suit up. We'll see.

This team needs to be focused. I don't want another meltdown like what happened this past week against the Cardinals. The defense played great for the most part, except they gave up some huge plays. But you can't really fault them too much when the offense goes 3/17 on third downs. That's completely unacceptable and embarrassing. I don't know what the deal is in the red zone, but they need to get it together if they want to have any chances of winning a playoff game. Can't believe we are dead last in redzone scoring percentage for touchdowns. Dead last.

Throwing the ball to Vernon Davis instead of fade routes to scrubs Ginn and Edwards would be a good start. I don't understand why they don't do this. It's so obvious.

binary 12-14-2011 06:56 AM

Redzone should be about VD and Crabtree. Let's see if Alex can fit it into some tight windows too.

terribletowel39 12-14-2011 07:06 AM

I just hope Woodley is able to go since Harrison isn't gonna be playing. I would like to see atleast one of our elite pass rushers out there. Argh, horrible timing with all this.

Is that a six person gang tackle on a punt returner?? Completely unnecessary.

Ness 12-14-2011 02:49 PM

If the 49ers lose this game I will have zero faith in them the rest of the season. I'll pretty much expect a one and done in the playoffs, which means they'll lose wild card round at home. This offense is just so terrible and there is no time in the season to correct it, especially since our quarterback isn't even that good. And I don't believe in moral victories either. San Francisco could play their best game of the year, but if they lose it doesn't matter. I'd rather win ugly against the Steelers than look good in a loss.

Borat 12-14-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2788667)
I just hope Woodley is able to go since Harrison isn't gonna be playing. I would like to see atleast one of our elite pass rushers out there. Argh, horrible timing with all this.

Yeah, it was on a punt return. Patrick Peterson is down at the bottom there somewhere.

Madirishman 12-14-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2788649)

I agree as well. It will be another good test at home for the Niners.

Big Ben didn't practice today again but he's a warrior and I would expect him to be out there on Monday.

Both teams are dinged up and need to win this game for playoff seeding, but may intentionally rest key guys in part to save them for the playoffs.

My main concern will be how physical this game will be. These two teams are two of the most physical on the league and I'd hate to see any more (even minor) injuries to key players.

dan77733 12-14-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Hmmm, this coming from a fan who's team has one of the dirtiest and cheapest players in the NFL today??? Give me a break.

In general, I dont give a crap who plays and who doesnt. I just want to win period. I dont give a damn if Ben plays or not because I dont care what others say. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Period.

And while I agree that we should try to get the ball to Davis in the redzone, even if we did, he would probably drop the ball. Thats just how our luck is in regards to our redzone offense.

Verloren 12-14-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Considering it's Patrick Peterson, I'd say necessary. A forced fumble and recovery came out of that too.

Borat 12-14-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77733 (Post 2789331)
Hmmm, this coming from a fan who's team has one of the dirtiest and cheapest players in the NFL today??? Give me a break.

Easy Dan, I think he was kidding.

edgrenade 12-15-2011 01:27 AM

All the Niners have to do is turn 2 of their field goals into TDs and we would be scoring a good amount of points every week.... It's pretty frustrating

Ness 12-15-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madirishman (Post 2789148)
I agree as well. It will be another good test at home for the Niners.

Big Ben didn't practice today again but he's a warrior and I would expect him to be out there on Monday.

Both teams are dinged up and need to win this game for playoff seeding, but may intentionally rest key guys in part to save them for the playoffs.

My main concern will be how physical this game will be. These two teams are two of the most physical on the league and I'd hate to see any more (even minor) injuries to key players.

It would be beyond stupid for the 49ers to rest any players at this point. If they don't get the number two seed they are playing three games to get to the Super Bowl. I'd rather them play all out now so it gives them a week off. They pretty much need to go 3-0 at this stage. They need to act like these last three weeks are in fact the playoffs.

hawkeye123 12-15-2011 02:53 AM

Should be a hard hitting, exciting game. Can't wait.

terribletowel39 12-15-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat (Post 2789420)

Yes, very much was kidding. It's all good.

I hope if Big Ben isn't able to go, that we atleast play Dixon. Please lord not Batch. It is pretty close to an automatic win for yall if Batch starts.

dan77733 12-15-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat (Post 2789420)

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2789660)

I hope if Big Ben isn't able to go, that we atleast play Dixon. Please lord not Batch. It is pretty close to an automatic win for yall if Batch starts.

Okay okay. Sorry.

Honestly, I dont like Harrison or Ward for that matter. I also dont like the fact that the least two Super Bowls the Steelers won had so much bullcrap in them, that its still amazing that people think that the refs werent on their side.

With that said, there are a few players that I do like on the Steelers, mainly Woodley. Guy is awesome. Troy is damn good too but I hate it when they keep saying concussion like symptoms. Thats even more bullcrap. God forbid but thats going to happen one day and the player isnt going to get up period. I'm all in favor for independent doctors on the sidelines.

Madirishman 12-15-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 2789574)
It would be beyond stupid for the 49ers to rest any players at this point. If they don't get the number two seed they are playing three games to get to the Super Bowl. I'd rather them play all out now so it gives them a week off. They pretty much need to go 3-0 at this stage. They need to act like these last three weeks are in fact the playoffs.

I agree but I saw first hand last week that they were in a conservative, save-it-for the-playoffs mode. Gore was not nearly 100% and still was tearing the Cards up. They should have allowed him to finish that team off earlier in the game. It was very disappointing and now makes this a likely must-win game so they cane secure the first round bye. They really need that bye an some extra homefield advantage.

49erNation85 12-15-2011 06:54 PM

Wish i could watch the game . it would be fun to watch . not sure i can tho. oh well. i hope we can pll out a win but i dunno after last week. Smith gonna have tebow Pitt to get this win

Ness 12-15-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madirishman (Post 2789818)
I agree but I saw first hand last week that they were in a conservative, save-it-for the-playoffs mode. Gore was not nearly 100% and still was tearing the Cards up. They should have allowed him to finish that team off earlier in the game. It was very disappointing and now makes this a likely must-win game so they cane secure the first round bye. They really need that bye an some extra homefield advantage.

Gore had a nice touchdown run, but he wasn't "tearing the Cardinals up". Other than that run I don't think he even averaged 3 yards a carry. Gore hasn't been that good for the last month just about. He's really struggled. Looks like the season is starting to wearing him down.

Ness 12-15-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2789660)

49ers struggle against the pass more so than people realize. Especially since the 49ers rush four a lot of the time and don't blitz that heavily. And pressure doesn't get there with the front four, anyone can pick apart the 49ers defense. I'd be surprised if Pittsburgh doesn't try to establish the pass early and often.

edgrenade 12-15-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 2790194)
Wish i could watch the game . it would be fun to watch . not sure i can tho. oh well. i hope we can pll out a win but i dunno after last week. Smith gonna have tebow Pitt to get this win

You sure do have a lot of opinions on the team for never watching any games...

Borat 12-16-2011 12:23 AM

An underrated aspect of this game is that John Harbaugh has probably called Jim to give him the inside scoop on beating the Ravens. Hopefully we get a few secrets to exploit.

Brent 12-16-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat (Post 2790537)
An underrated aspect of this game is that John Harbaugh has probably called Jim to give him the inside scoop on beating the Ravens. Hopefully we get a few secrets to exploit.

I thought this was funny.

phlysac 12-16-2011 09:27 AM

John Harbaugh has a losing record against the Steelers. He needs to listen to his own "secrets."

Borat 12-16-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2790617)
I thought this was funny.

Haha. Oooops.