Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Air Jordan XI Concords Dec. 23rd (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50202)

LonghornsLegend 12-22-2011 05:56 PM

Air Jordan XI Concords Dec. 23rd

Any Jordan fans here?

Lines are already forming here, and it's nuts. Wouldn't be surprised of a few people don't get robbed. People camping out since 9am this morning. I know a dude that works at foot locker and he's charging me and a few other people an extra 50$ to hold a pair, even if he wasn't I'd just order them for 300$.

I'm a huge Jordan fan, and these are some of the ones I need back in the collection. Who knew that back when I was begging my parents for these people would be going ape **** over them years later.

I am a big Jordan collector so I'll have mine 1 way or another, doubt I wear em either. I'd rather just set them up in my room next to a MJ poster or something and use it like art work. At least in 2 years they won't look like ****.

ATLDirtyBirds 12-22-2011 05:59 PM

Pretty nice, but I just couldn't justify spending that on shoes. I feel bad when I get up near $100

CashmoneyDrew 12-22-2011 06:25 PM

Never understood people's fascination with shoes. Especially men. They spend their time on the ground, covering your feet, getting dirty, etc.

When people spend hundreds of dollars on tennis shoes a little piece of me dies on the inside.

My 2 cents.

Raiderz4Life 12-22-2011 06:34 PM

Believe it or not girls will pay attention to your shoes. Specially during that 1st meeting...how well you put your outfit together or w.e....now I never spent more than $150 on shoes. Most the time I stay under the $100 range and still get nice shoes.

I do love shoes got like 9 pairs right now but yea..I couldn't justify to myself dropping that much coin on jordans.

bantx 12-22-2011 06:39 PM

it's not about girls, if i bought shoes to impress girls that'd be stupid. I would love to get these 11s but my money is tied up with other things I want. If you saw my pics in the sneakers thread I used buy a lot but I'm running out of room for them so I haven't bought shoes in awhile but these are tempting

Raiderz4Life 12-22-2011 06:41 PM

Yea..I can't myself buy a $200+ pair of shoes but I can understand people doing it. I got my own hobbies that can cost a pretty penny as well.

DraftSavant 12-22-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 2797968)
Never understood people's fascination with shoes. Especially men. They spend their time on the ground, covering your feet, getting dirty, etc.

When people spend hundreds of dollars on tennis shoes a little piece of me dies on the inside.

My 2 cents.

The last pair of shoes I bought were some Omar Salazar Nike Zooms.

Two years ago.

Hurricanes25 12-22-2011 07:48 PM

I have a few pairs of Jordans but those do nothing for me. And I won't pay anymore than $100 for a pair of shoes either.

Cigaro 12-22-2011 08:01 PM

I guess I'm shoe ignorant, but even if I was willing to spend $300 on a pair, what exactly makes those anything special?

They look like bland, boring shoes; on the street, they'd strike me simply as the cheap end of the line.

descendency 12-22-2011 08:13 PM

Those a Jordan's?

Wow. I can't really say I like them.

jayceheathman 12-22-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 2797974)
Believe it or not girls will pay attention to your shoes. Specially during that 1st meeting...how well you put your outfit together or w.e....now I never spent more than $150 on shoes. Most the time I stay under the $100 range and still get nice shoes.

I do love shoes got like 9 pairs right now but yea..I couldn't justify to myself dropping that much coin on jordans.

The Shawshank Redemption disagrees with you. "I mean, who really looks at a man's shoes?"-Red

vikes_28 12-22-2011 11:25 PM

yo123 12-22-2011 11:34 PM

I'm a Jordan fan but these things are ridiculously overrated. Seriously what's the big deal?

DanZilla 12-23-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2797943)
Any Jordan fans here?

Sup, and 11's will 100% be acquired today.

MetSox17 12-23-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2798312)
I'm a Jordan fan but these things are ridiculously overrated. Seriously what's the big deal?

These are the Space Jam Jordans!!!!!111111

bantx 12-23-2011 02:56 PM

Actually these were the shoes he first wore in a finals game after all the retirement stuff and talks of the Air Jordan line coming to an end these shoes were worn in eastern conference finals of game 1 and no one knew what shoe he was wearing at the time until much later when it was announced. Most shoe enthusiasts will know this, the real ones not the oh I'm a fan of MJ and not know any of the history behind each shoe. That's why Jordan's are so significant with shoe heads because of the history behind each shoe he re-releases.

D-Unit 12-23-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2797943)
Any Jordan fans here?

Lines are already forming here, and it's nuts. Wouldn't be surprised of a few people don't get robbed. People camping out since 9am this morning. I know a dude that works at foot locker and he's charging me and a few other people an extra 50$ to hold a pair, even if he wasn't I'd just order them for 300$.

I'm a huge Jordan fan, and these are some of the ones I need back in the collection. Who knew that back when I was begging my parents for these people would be going ape **** over them years later.

I am a big Jordan collector so I'll have mine 1 way or another, doubt I wear em either. I'd rather just set them up in my room next to a MJ poster or something and use it like art work. At least in 2 years they won't look like ****.

I had those... I think it was in 2001?? Is 2001 retro now days? Wow.

Love them though.

yo123 12-23-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 2798690)
Actually these were the shoes he first wore in a finals game after all the retirement stuff and talks of the Air Jordan line coming to an end these shoes were worn in eastern conference finals of game 1 and no one knew what shoe he was wearing at the time until much later when it was announced. Most shoe enthusiasts will know this, the real ones not the oh I'm a fan of MJ and not know any of the history behind each shoe. That's why Jordan's are so significant with shoe heads because of the history behind each shoe he re-releases.

I guess I'm not a "shoe enthusiast."

They just don't look that cool. Not worth people getting stabbed over.

D-Unit 12-23-2011 03:04 PM

Reminds me of the Melo's I got later. I actually liked these ones more.

D-Unit 12-23-2011 03:13 PM

and then that reminds me of these that I used to love...

bantx 12-23-2011 03:17 PM

haha oh **** Tmacs I used to have a pair when I was a kid

Cigaro 12-23-2011 03:19 PM

Apparently the rush for these equaled/out did the chaos of Black Friday.

Quote:

If you thought the Black Friday shopping fights were crazy then just look what happened when a re-issue of shoes first worn 15 years ago by basketball legend Michael Jordan went on sale.

Madness was breaking out today at stores across the U.S. as impatient shoppers queued up to get their hands on the first new Nike retro Air Jordan shoes that went on sale for $180 this morning.

Police used pepper spray in Seattle, Washington; four people were arrested in Atlanta, Georgia; there were fights in Louisville, Kentucky, and unruly crowds forced two stores shut in Austin, Texas.

Fights broke out at malls in Charlotte, North Carolina; 1,500 people turned up for 300 pairs of shoes in Indianapolis, Indiana; and a boy was badly injured at a Troy, Michigan, store after a crowd rush.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1hOYd0aur