Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The J-Mike 88 Situation. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50427)

PoopSandwich 01-05-2012 11:34 PM

The J-Mike 88 Situation.

I was just lounging back thinking about the situation that the Packers are going to have to go through this offseason and wondered what my fellow draft countdown family thinks about the whole situation... Who do you franchise tag?

On one hand you have one of the sexiest black men in the league that can catch passes left and right while flexing his muscles every first down conversion he gets just to remind everyone that he is a badass and you shouldn't **** with him because he's a force of nature.

On the other hand you have an up and coming quarterback that sets records every time he sees the field and discount quadrachecks like its his job. The Packers could easily tag him and trade him and get a few picks and may not miss Finley (they won a super bowl without him).

What would YOU do?

robert pancake gallery 01-05-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 2813021)
On one hand you have one of the sexiest black men in the league that can catch passes left and right while flexing his muscles every first down conversion he gets just to remind everyone that he is a badass and you shouldn't **** with him because he's a force of nature.

i give you credit for not stating outright that he is 'the' sexiest one that does this because i believe there is another that wins the sexiest crown

Brothgar 01-05-2012 11:45 PM

Obviously franchise Finley unless you come into a agreement before hand. Flynn isn't that good. One great game beating the lions isn't that great you aren't going to franchise him and get anything.

jackalope 01-05-2012 11:46 PM

Attempt to work out a long term deal with Finley before the deadline to place the franchise tag. If successful, tag and trade Flynn. If unsuccessful, tag Finley and let Flynn walk.

Brothgar 01-05-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackalope (Post 2813032)
Attempt to work out a long term deal with Finley before the deadline to place the franchise tag. If successful, tag and trade Flynn. If unsuccessful, tag Finley and let Flynn walk.

I wonder what exactly do you guys think you can get for Flynn?

bearsfan_51 01-05-2012 11:51 PM

robert pancake gallery 01-06-2012 12:03 AM

perhaps it would be relevant to create some kind of poll to see what the general consensus is over who is the sexiest NFL player...

my suggestions, in addition to finley and shiancoe mentioned above, are as follows:
  • brandon marshall
  • brady quinn
  • eric decker
  • kellen winslow jr
  • matthew stafford
  • jimmy clausen
  • colt mccoy
  • darren sharper
  • rob gronkowski
  • reggie bush
  • joe thomas
  • ray edwards
  • eli manning
  • chris cooley

if you want i could even get a 64-team bracket set up march madness style for sexiest NFL player and we could do popularity votes to determine who moves on, etc. i think i could come up with a pretty good field of 64 players who i think are sexy enough to merit consideration.

holt_bruce81 01-06-2012 12:07 AM

Matt Stafford looks like some dude from New York.

SickwithIt1010 01-06-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery (Post 2813057)
[*]matthew stafford

Thats Mark Sanchez....

...Matt Stafford is very white.

noondog 01-06-2012 12:16 AM

The Cutler situation in Chicago this season and the Bears subsequent collapse should give the Pack enough incentive to try damn hard to keep Flynn. I'm sure both parties know his relative worth and shouldn't have too hard a time agreeing to a deal that is palatable.

Although the Pack won a SB without Finley, their offense is measurably better with him. I'd say he is the priority and they need to franchise him if the choice must be made.

jackalope 01-06-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noondog (Post 2813076)
The Cutler situation in Chicago this season and the Bears subsequent collapse should give the Pack enough incentive to try damn hard to keep Flynn. I'm sure both parties know his relative worth and shouldn't have too hard a time agreeing to a deal that is palatable.

Although the Pack won a SB without Finley, their offense is measurably better with him. I'd say he is the priority and they need to franchise him if the choice must be made.

Flynn is as good as gone, and I don't see the Packers even attempting to keep him. Flynn will get at least chance to start somewhere else, which he will obviously not be getting in Green Bay. From Flynn's perspective, there's no real incentive to stay.

Ngatachance92 01-06-2012 12:23 AM

Flynn to the Redskins.

Brothgar 01-06-2012 12:27 AM

I think they should cut Rodgers and sign Flynn long term.

Mufasa 01-06-2012 02:00 AM

Ban him forever.

Oh I thought you were talking about the poster. Man that guy is annoying.

lasse 01-06-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

if you want i could even get a 64-team bracket set up march madness style for sexiest NFL player and we could do popularity votes to determine who moves on, etc. i think i could come up with a pretty good field of 64 players who i think are sexy enough to merit consideration.

i love that idea. go ahead. but dont forget to include andre smith

J-Mike88 01-06-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mufasa (Post 2813142)
Ban him forever.

Oh I thought you were talking about the poster. Man that guy is annoying.

So funny little girl......
I just can't believe there's another Packer thread that popped up.
Wow. So many Packer fans.

Why not more threads about the Lionzzzzz Mufasa?
What about Eric Hipple?

Brothgar 01-06-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2813164)
So funny little girl......
I just can't believe there's another Packer thread that popped up.
Wow. So many Packer fans.

Why not more threads about the Lionzzzzz Mufasa?
What about Eric Hipple?

If you would like us to spam the pro football forums with Lions topics it is very doable. But the thing is our fan base can read "Team Forums"

wogitalia 01-06-2012 09:24 AM

I'm almost certain that he put Sanchez' picture instead of Stafford as some kind of *** test to see who checked out everyone one of those pictures and was paying too much attention to half dressed men.

Did they get rid of the "transition" tag in the last CBA, I feel like they did but can't remember for sure, if they didn't surely you would use both tags. I'd franchise Finley purely because you don't want 1/6th of your cap being eaten on your backup QB in case there are no takers.

bantx 01-06-2012 10:19 AM

I just have a feeling Flynn will have the Cassel affect. Someone will over pay him and the team will back it and he'll play mediocre only till when the team will complain and want him gone.

jackalope 01-06-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogitalia (Post 2813229)
I'm almost certain that he put Sanchez' picture instead of Stafford as some kind of *** test to see who checked out everyone one of those pictures and was paying too much attention to half dressed men.

Did they get rid of the "transition" tag in the last CBA, I feel like they did but can't remember for sure, if they didn't surely you would use both tags. I'd franchise Finley purely because you don't want 1/6th of your cap being eaten on your backup QB in case there are no takers.

You can only use one of the tags per year.

RufusMcDaniel 01-06-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

perhaps it would be relevant to create some kind of poll to see what the general consensus is over who is the sexiest NFL player...
[*]darren sharper

Jvig43 01-06-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 2813097)
I think they should cut Rodgers and sign Flynn long term.

I mean we all know who the real mvp of that team is.

keylime_5 01-06-2012 01:06 PM

I think Scott said in another thread that the Packers wouldn't tag Flynn b/c the risk is too great to have a potential $14M backup QB in the end. That's his opinion and not fact, but it is worth considering. Could be that Green Bay loses Flynn for nothing and tags Finley b/c they have no one else to tag.

FlyingElvis 01-06-2012 01:33 PM

Why risk paying Flynn a huge, one-year deal in the hopes they get a second round pick when they can let someone overpay and still get a 3rd?

Cassel had a full season of play, showed marked improvement from game 1 to game 16, and had a solid winning percentage. He was worth a second and even that took the addition of an aging but studly OLB thrown in.

Anybody who thinks the Pack will tag Flynn has a screw loose.

Jughead10 01-06-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingElvis (Post 2813468)
Why risk paying Flynn a huge, one-year deal in the hopes they get a second round pick when they can let someone overpay and still get a 3rd?

Are you referring to comp picks? Will it be a 3rd? Playing time figures into the formula. And Flynn has very little.