Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Giants vs Packers - Divisional Round Playoffs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50456)

BloodBrother 01-08-2012 03:15 PM

Giants vs Packers - Divisional Round Playoffs
 
So Giants it is

Last time the Packers played the G-men they were without both starting ILBers as well as Clifton/Sitton on the OL. Starks and Woodson and I believe Pickett went out with injuries during the game to

Should have everybody back at full force. All I know is that the Pack need to keep Walden's ass on the bench. He's been atrocious the last few weeks and ALWAYS loses contain on the edge

want to see So'oto, Lattimore, Jones getting those reps. Bishop/Pickett will be huge as they are the Packers best guys up front vs the run

Current forecast for Sunday, Jan 15:

Day:
Few Snow Showers High 21F
Precip 30%

Wind: From WSW at 8 mph
Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:26 AM CT
Avg. High: 24F
Record High: 45F (1949)

Night
Partly Cloudy Overnight Low 18F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 5 mph
Humidity: 60%

Sunset: 4:37 PM CT
Avg. Low: 9F
Record Low: -28F (1972)

Give Cliffy/Newhouse some damn help on the left side vs JPP if he's doing some damage

J-Mike88 01-08-2012 03:23 PM

I think we should beat everyone we play, but I have to admit, these guys were the LAST ones I wanted to face in our first game.

Their DL is healthy as ever..... they are beasts. We won't be able to run, and they are going to pin their ears back from Pierre-Paul to Umenyiora to Tuck, and blitzes from Boley..... this is a much better defense than we faced in week 13, and it's a helluva lot better than the Chiefs defense that held us to 14, and the Rams who held us to 24.

The duo of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz is as good as Jennings and Jordy.
Manningham is confident now..... Ahmad Bradshaw is the type of RB who can hurt us as a runner and a receiver.

Remember LeGarrette Blount running over us? Jacobs is capable of that too.

This is a game we can lose because our defense couldn't stop them in NY when we needed to, even allowing the 2-point PAT to tie it late.

I suspect we will be favored by about 6.5 but I will sacrifice myself with buying some heartbreak insurance and bet on the Giants plus the points.

SuperPacker 01-08-2012 03:26 PM

What time is the game?

BloodBrother 01-08-2012 03:36 PM

4:30 EST next Sunday

SuperPacker 01-08-2012 03:39 PM

Thats the same time as the Broncos/Steelers game is it?

Babylon 01-08-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2816584)
So Giants it is

Last time the Packers played the G-men they were without both starting ILBers as well as Clifton/Sitton on the OL. Starks and Woodson and I believe Pickett went out with injuries during the game to

Should have everybody back at full force. All I know is that the Pack need to keep Walden's ass on the bench. He's been atrocious the last few weeks and ALWAYS loses contain on the edge

want to see So'oto, Lattimore, Jones getting those reps. Bishop/Pickett will be huge as they are the Packers best guys up front vs the run

Current forecast for Sunday, Jan 15:

Day:
Few Snow Showers High 21F
Precip 30%

Wind: From WSW at 8 mph
Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:26 AM CT
Avg. High: 24F
Record High: 45F (1949)

Night
Partly Cloudy Overnight Low 18F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 5 mph
Humidity: 60%

Sunset: 4:37 PM CT
Avg. Low: 9F
Record Low: -28F (1972)

Give Cliffy/Newhouse some damn help on the left side vs JPP if he's doing some damage

What did you do get out the Doppler Radar for that weather forecast?

Too easy to say the Giants will come in and upset the Packers after their march to the playoffs a few years back. I like Green Bay at home, rather comfortably.

J-Mike88 01-08-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2816673)
I like Green Bay at home, rather comfortably.

Why do you say that?

In week 13, these teams were dead even. Both teams made great plays on offense to keep it close.

They didn't have Osi then.
We didn't have Clifton then.

Their DL is better than ours.
LBers are a wash, although we have Clay on one side, slight edge us.

Their DL is way better than ours.
Their running game is better.

The WR's are great on both sides. Their 1-2-3 is as good as ours, maybe better, but we're deeper when you include Finley. It's pretty even there.

Both QB's are great, and are clutch.

I see it as a tossup. They're both confident as hell, expect to play well and win.

If each team plays their best, I see about 34-27 Packers.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=3964

SuperPacker 01-08-2012 05:51 PM

The only thing is we were on the road last time against them. Home field advantage will be a huge plus! And we wil have Bishop and Hawk back.

BloodBrother 01-08-2012 06:22 PM

on the road without Clifton/Sitton and both starting ILBers

very different scenario here. Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things IMO. Pack lost to ATL last year by 3 and then whooped them in the playoffs

last match-up is irrelevant when it comes to next week IMO

BloodBrother 01-08-2012 06:30 PM

Well not totally irrelevant, but still...

TimmG6376 01-08-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2817247)
The only thing is we were on the road last time against them. Home field advantage will be a huge plus! And we wil have Bishop and Hawk back.

Not necessary a plus on our side.

J-Mike88 01-08-2012 08:14 PM

If anyone remembers the 08 title game, Clifton and Tauscher actually did a GREAT job on their two DE's, Osi & Strahan, in pass protection at least.

Not a single OL actually executed a run block that day, but the pass-protection was great. If Arod gets that same pass protection, he will slice & dice the Giants up like a plastic surgeon in Hollywood.

I've had my heart broken so many times (thanks to that phucker #4) that I am naturally cautious/pessimistic.... but still, this IMO is the hardest matchup we will see in the whole playoffs, Super Bowl included.

Throw out the records and statistics and just look at the players.

We need a big game from Clay. It would be nice for Mike Neal to show SOMETHING to justify why Teddy picked him and let Cullen leave in his confidence.

Also need Clifton & Bulaga to hold up healthy on the edges.

BigBlueNorwegian 01-08-2012 08:14 PM

Hey guys, just checking in here as a Giants-fan. Going to be a great game next sunday! I have tons of respect for your team obviously, and I think it's going to be a good game next week. Whoever wins next week is the team I'm rooting for in the NFC Championship game, so I'm hoping for a clean game without injuries.

Probably going to be the end of the line for the Giants next week, but I'm at least hoping for a close game next week. Good luck to you guys!

RockJock07 01-08-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2817834)
If anyone remembers the 08 title game, Clifton and Tauscher actually did a GREAT job on their two DE's, Osi & Strahan, in pass protection at least.

Not a single OL actually executed a run block that day, but the pass-protection was great. If Arod gets that same pass protection, he will slice & dice the Giants up like a plastic surgeon in Hollywood.

I've had my heart broken so many times (thanks to that phucker #4) that I am naturally cautious/pessimistic.... but still, this IMO is the hardest matchup we will see in the whole playoffs, Super Bowl included.

Throw out the records and statistics and just look at the players.

We need a big game from Clay. It would be nice for Mike Neal to show SOMETHING to justify why Teddy picked him and let Cullen leave in his confidence.

Also need Clifton & Bulaga to hold up healthy on the edges.

I just remember Favre's pass and Burress abusing Al Harris all game long. Honestly I think this is going to be a great game and I frankly don't know who will win.

To me it comes down to if the Packers can force turnovers and give the ball back to Aaron to pile up points. Like the KC game they didn't force one, KC kept the ball out of Aaron's hands and the Packers ran out of time.

Eli has been know to make some bad throws but not this year, he's been damn good.

I'm excited but nervous and I'm hopeful Capers dials up the pressure to get some QB hits. Mike Neal, we need you man, you've been a ghost, now is your time. Walden blows, hopefully Jones/Lattimore can do something opposite Clay.

CheeseKnuckles 01-08-2012 09:50 PM

Manning throws INTS when he is pressured... to bad we can't get any pressure on QBs this year.

PackerLegend 01-08-2012 10:17 PM

Greg Jennings twitter:

"The team that kept us from our potential Super Bowl in 08 is back on OUR turf now.Trust me,we haven't forgotten.Here.We...GoPackGo!"

Thats right dont forget that ****.. its time for payback.

BloodBrother 01-09-2012 01:46 AM

Yeah I'm sure that will be a point of emphasis throughout the week by McCarthy to his players.

I get a kick out of the media mentioning the Giants winning the NFCCG a few years ago in Lambeau like it means anything at all for this year

J-Mike88 01-09-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2818137)
I get a kick out of the media mentioning the Giants winning the NFCCG a few years ago in Lambeau like it means anything at all for this year

Right, the game 4 years ago means nothing next week, and the game 6 weeks ago means nothing this week.

It's clean slate.

We were favored both of those times, as we are this week.
Point spreads don't matter.

BloodBrother 01-09-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

"We're going to win.100% we're going to win...because we're the best." A quote from Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul to the Newark Star Ledger
I'd expect him to say nothing less, but there you go Pack. Some extra fuel(not like it's needed but hey it's something)

SuperPacker 01-09-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2818222)
Right, the game 4 years ago means nothing next week, and the game 6 weeks ago means nothing this week.

It's clean slate.

We were favored both of those times, as we are this week.
Point spreads don't matter.

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not but the game from 4 years ago really has nothing to do with this game. That was a completely different team.

PackerLegend 01-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2818301)
I'd expect him to say nothing less, but there you go Pack. Some extra fuel(not like it's needed but hey it's something)

Wow. Now I really really hope we win on top of how much I already wanted. Hate when guys talk. Hope we stay quite and just handle our business on the field.

J-Mike88 01-09-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2818307)
I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not but the game from 4 years ago really has nothing to do with this game. That was a completely different team.

Nothing sarcastic there.... the game 6 weeks ago makes no difference on Sunday, and the game 4 years ago makes no difference on Sunday.

The W-L records don't matter either. Neither does the point spread.
Neither does the fact that we killed these guys last year in week 16, which the media is forgetting to mention.

As I recall, that game was close until midway in the 2nd quarter when Woodson and Nick Collins made a phenomenal play to strip Jacobs on a long run, near the sideline, and Collins swatted it back into play, recovered by Bishop I believe.

We made a bunch of great plays to blow that game open.

But that means nothing Sunday.

Assessing each team right now, I find this to be a very good matchup, and I believe the Giants, not the Saints or Niners, matchup the best against us.

If we win this game, IMO, we are going to repeat, and become the first team ever to 3-peat in the NFL Super Bowl.

But the Giants do scare me. I do not want a close game. If it's close, I will need a defibulator nearbye me.

J-Mike88 01-11-2012 01:15 PM

The rushing game will be important Sunday.
They have Jacobs & Bradshaw, who have hurt us before in the playoffs and who both had great games vs Atlanta last week.

Quote:

Warren Moon says the Packers must boast a rushing attack, must keep teams honest. This has been a pass-first, pass-often offense all year but Moon believes the team that can run the ball in the NFC will have the edge.

A year ago, James Starks became a threat in January. He ran for 315 yards in four playoff games, giving Green Bay sudden balance. Moon remembers seeing linebackers creeping toward the line of scrimmage, opening up big plays for Rodgers in play action.

To repeat, he said that's the key.

“You don’t want to become too one-dimensional in the playoffs because you’re playing some excellent teams every week,” Moon said. “I feel like they’ll have to run enough to keep teams honest. Otherwise, you can be schemed and teams will try to take away what you do if they don’t have any respect for the run."
McCarthy is smart and he knows this.
What I hope though is that the early runs have some good success. Sure one of those Ryan Grant long-hitters early would be great, but just having some 5, 6, 8 yard runs early would bring the LBers in a bit, the safety in, and make things easier for Finley to find space, as well as the WRs.

If they stuff our run early, and MM abandons the run early, it will make it easier for their DL to get to Rodgers, and easier for the cover guys to clog things up, as the Chiefs did.

Even Rodgers, when pressured often & early, can't always hit guys who aren't open yet.

BloodBrother 01-11-2012 01:59 PM

Get Saine involved more in the screen game as well.

TimmG6376 01-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 2821364)
Get Saine involved more in the screen game as well.

Yeah, pulling linemen need to execute their blocks on those. There have been a few screens that were setup for big gains and the lead blockers whiffed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.