Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ryan Tannehill Has a Broken Foot (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50491)

Shane P. Hallam 01-10-2012 02:31 PM

Ryan Tannehill Has a Broken Foot
 
Via Tony Pauline, Tannehill won't play in Senior Bowl.

Sustained in practices preparing for NFL Draft.

SuperPacker 01-10-2012 02:49 PM

Does this push him out of the first round? My guess is no. If Ponder can go 12th with a glass shoulder then Tannehill definitely can!

RaiderNation 01-10-2012 02:52 PM

Bad news for Tannehill, not having the Senior Bowl to potentially impress a QB needy team like the Redskins could end up hurting his stock down the line. Toon will end up being a 4th/5th round pick.

ChiFan24 01-10-2012 03:02 PM

Wow....this could really hurt Tannehill's stock.

princefielder28 01-10-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 2820066)
Wow....this could really hurt Tannehill's stock.

I would say it's more likely to hurt Toon's stock

Scott Wright 01-10-2012 03:07 PM

I don't know if this necessarily hurts Tannehill's stock as much as it takes away an opportunity for him to improve it dramatically. Either way it's a big loss for the Senior Bowl though as I thought Tannehill had a chance to be one of the stars of the week.

ChiFan24 01-10-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 2820073)
I would say it's more likely to hurt Toon's stock

People seemed to assume that Tannehill could work his way into the mid-first round....if he can't play in the Senior Bowl or take part in combine drills, it's hard to see that happening.

princefielder28 01-10-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 2820077)
People seemed to assume that Tannehill could work his way into the mid-first round....if he can't play in the Senior Bowl or take part in combine drills, it's hard to see that happening.

he's still very likely to be the 3rd QB taken, which I would say gets him in the first round somewhere

SolidGold 01-10-2012 03:42 PM

Hopefully they are both ready for the combine.

DiG 01-10-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 2820084)
he's still very likely to be the 3rd QB taken, which I would say gets him in the first round somewhere

i think this opens the door even more for tyler wilson to declare.

vidae 01-10-2012 03:51 PM

Ouch, that sucks for Tannehill. I was really looking forward to watching him in the Senior Bowl. Boo.

ATLDirtyBirds 01-10-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2820148)
Ouch, that sucks for Tannehill. I was really looking forward to watching him in the Senior Bowl. Boo.


Ditto. Damnit.

FUNBUNCHER 01-10-2012 04:19 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Tannehill's foot ISN'T hurt??

The Skins coaching staff will be coaching at the Senior Bowl and everyone knows Washington will be looking to take a QB with its first pick.

If RGIII and Luck are gone before pick 6, it's a good bet that the Skins consider Tannehill.

Now if he goes to the Senior Bowl and doesn't show well in front of his future employers, Tannehill could fall from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom of the first round.

Maybe I'm cynical, but this sounds like a ploy to me.

ElectricEye 01-10-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 2820075)
I don't know if this necessarily hurts Tannehill's stock as much as it takes away an opportunity for him to improve it dramatically. Either way it's a big loss for the Senior Bowl though as I thought Tannehill had a chance to be one of the stars of the week.

Yeah, that's a god way of putting it. Tannehill had a chance to do what Ponder did last year with a good week of practices. I do think it could drive his value down a bit if the rest of the pack rises throughout the process and he isn't able to get healthy, but he's pretty clearly penciled in as the 3rd quarterback assuming no one else declares.

norcalgsr 01-10-2012 04:31 PM

Toon is overrated anyway. Now teams won't be overdrafting him.

Mitchell 01-10-2012 11:22 PM

Tannehill is Shanahan's type of QB. Aside from Russell Wilson, his play action bootleg has to be the best in this draft, and we all know how much Shanahan loves that.
Is he scared of being exposed, or really injured? Either way, I would rule out Tannehill at #6.

ChiFan24 01-11-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2820206)
Am I the only one who thinks Tannehill's foot ISN'T hurt??

The Skins coaching staff will be coaching at the Senior Bowl and everyone knows Washington will be looking to take a QB with its first pick.

If RGIII and Luck are gone before pick 6, it's a good bet that the Skins consider Tannehill.

Now if he goes to the Senior Bowl and doesn't show well in front of his future employers, Tannehill could fall from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom of the first round.

Maybe I'm cynical, but this sounds like a ploy to me.

Yes, you are absolutely the only one.

TACKLE 01-11-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2820206)
Am I the only one who thinks Tannehill's foot ISN'T hurt??

The Skins coaching staff will be coaching at the Senior Bowl and everyone knows Washington will be looking to take a QB with its first pick.

If RGIII and Luck are gone before pick 6, it's a good bet that the Skins consider Tannehill.

Now if he goes to the Senior Bowl and doesn't show well in front of his future employers, Tannehill could fall from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom of the first round.

Maybe I'm cynical, but this sounds like a ploy to me.

This is incredibly stupid.

FUNBUNCHER 01-11-2012 04:51 AM

Yeah, because top picks never fake injuries to skip the combine or allstar games when they're a top ranked pick.

Did Peyton play in the Senior Bowl??
Aikman??
Top players have and do skip the Senior Bowl.
'...incredibly stupid.'lol

Tony Pauline initially reported it was a 'serious injury'. Now he's tweeting it was 'fluke' injury during passing drills and Tannehill is being held out of the Senior Bowl as a 'precaution.'

So Tannehill is not being held out by his handlers/representatives because he physically can't play.

Remember the game is on January 28th, practices start on the 23rd. That's almost two weeks from today and Tannehill knows beyond a shadow of a doubt he won't be fit enough to play in the Senior Bowl, or at least his handlers think he would be better served at this early date to decline an invite??

Whatever. I'll stay stupid.

The story sounds sketchy all the way around.

Caulibflower 01-11-2012 05:37 AM

How does one injure their foot in a passing drill?

Vaylor 01-11-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calubflower (Post 2820949)
How does one injure their foot in a passing drill?

Footwork is extremely important when throwing the football.

jbooshey 01-11-2012 08:19 AM

For what it is worth, Toon is still expected to participate. He will play in the game for sure (if nothing more happens)...I would assume practice is still in the picture.

Shane P. Hallam 01-11-2012 09:31 AM

Toon's now reported as light strain.

Babylon 01-11-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 2820721)
Tannehill is Shanahan's type of QB. Aside from Russell Wilson, his play action bootleg has to be the best in this draft, and we all know how much Shanahan loves that.
Is he scared of being exposed, or really injured? Either way, I would rule out Tannehill at #6.

First off you dont get to this level by being scared of being exposed and second he isnt an elite player that might find an advantage to not jeopardizing his draft status, just the opposite.

Grizzlegom 01-11-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2821015)
Toon's now reported as light strain.

This, hearing he's still gonna play in the Senior Bowl.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.