Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   1/17 - Rankings Updated w/ Underclassmen (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50594)

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 02:31 AM

1/17 - Rankings Updated w/ Underclassmen
 
Just finished updating the rankings, with underclassmen included for the first time!

I posted some links below for easy navigation. Feel free to discuss in this thread!

_____________________________________________

Top 100 Overall - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TOP.php
Quarterback - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php
Running Back - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RB.php
Fullback - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/FB.php
Wide Receiver - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/WR.php
Tight End - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TE.php
Offensive Tackle - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OT.php
Offensive Guard - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OG.php
Center - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/C.php
Defensive End - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DE.php
Defensive Tackle - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DT.php
Outside Linebacker - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OLB.php
Inside Linebacker - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/ILB.php
Cornerback - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/CB.php
Safety - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/S.php
Kicker - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/K.php
Punter - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/P.php
Long-Snapper - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/LS.php
Return Specialist - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RS.php
Sleepers - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/SLEEPERS.php
Overrated / Underrated - http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OVERUNDER.php

RaiderNation 01-17-2012 02:36 AM

Very good rankings Scott, what is your opinion on Brockers and Cox as possible top 20 picks at DT? Brockers size and play reminds me of Richard Seymour, and Cox looks like he could be a impact player in the NFL at UT.

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829332)
Very good rankings Scott, what is your opinion on Brockers and Cox as possible top 20 picks at DT? Brockers size and play reminds me of Richard Seymour, and Cox looks like he could be a impact player in the NFL at UT.

I may have been a little conservative with where I put Brockers and he may ultimately end up ahead of Still and perhaps even Poe, but I need to do some more film work there.

As for Cox, I think he is going to be this year's Muhammad Wilkerson.

TACKLE 01-17-2012 03:02 AM

Glad to see Poe as your #1 DT. His upside is unreal. Not disagreeing, but I was a bit surprised to Taze as your #1 ILB.

But the one thing that stood out to me most....NOTRE DAME WR Michael Floyd at #4 in your receiver rankings! Perhaps you're growing up a little bit. ;o)

RaiderNation 01-17-2012 03:09 AM

I have Floyd as my #2 WR, and I think he can be a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL. I don't think Kendall Wright can be a #1 WR in the NFL, but he will be a deep threat WR like Mike Wallace from the Steelers. Alshon Jeffery could end up being like Mike Williams(Seahawks) or Plaxico Burress, depends if he can get into shape and working on his speed.

niel89 01-17-2012 03:11 AM

Happy to see 3 Stanford players at the top of your rankings. Do you think that Fleener holds onto that spot as we go through the process?

TACKLE 01-17-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829340)
I have Floyd as my #2 WR, and I think he can be a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL. I don't think Kendall Wright can be a #1 WR in the NFL, but he will be a deep threat WR like Mike Wallace from the Steelers. Alshon Jeffery could end up being like Mike Williams(Seahawks) or Plaxico Burress, depends if he can get into shape and working on his speed.

Huh? That statement contradicts itself.

RaiderNation 01-17-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2829343)
Huh? That statement contradicts itself.

Mike Wallace isn't a #1 WR in the NFL IMO, very good deep threat similar to Desean Jackson when he wants to try. #1 WR's are the guys who consistenly get open all around the field, players like Fitzgerald, Megatron, Andre Johnson...

TACKLE 01-17-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829344)
Mike Wallace isn't a #1 WR in the NFL IMO, very good deep threat similar to Desean Jackson when he wants to try. #1 WR's are the guys who consistenly get open all around the field, players like Fitzgerald, Megatron, Andre Johnson...

This criteria and your standard for a "#1" seem unrealistically high. If that's your standard for "#1 WR's" then there are hardly any in the entire league and a "poor man Larry Fitzgerald" surely isn't one.

DeepThreat 01-17-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2829347)
This criteria and your standard for a "#1" seem unrealistically high. If that's your standard for "#1 WR's" then there are hardly any in the entire league and a "poor man Larry Fitzgerald" surely isn't one.

Like Tony Grossi (Browns writer) saying Dwayne Bowe isn't a No. 1 wideout. Not every No. 1 is Megatron.

rawdawg 01-17-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829340)
I have Floyd as my #2 WR, and I think he can be a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL. I don't think Kendall Wright can be a #1 WR in the NFL, but he will be a deep threat WR like Mike Wallace from the Steelers. Alshon Jeffery could end up being like Mike Williams(Seahawks) or Plaxico Burress, depends if he can get into shape and working on his speed.

I guess I understand the Fitzgerald/Floyd comparisons that literally every person makes. But I don't see it. They do have similar size. Will likely have similar speed. But I think the thing that makes Fitz so good is the thing that makes him different from Floyd. Fitz is a big man that moves like a little man. He has amazing fluidity in his hips (not just for his size), which makes him stand out in his ability to separate. To me, he's like Greg Jennings if you add 4" and 25lbs on him.

Floyd, I see more like a poor man's Vincent Jackson. Jackson's a very good WR, but I don't see him having the ability like Fitz to run crossing routes in the middle of the field or the drag and then turn the ball upfield and take it to the house (see Superbowl TD). Jackson's strength is the fade and quick slants. He creates separation by pure size/speed combo. That's how I see Michael Floyd. I don't see the smoothness and hip fluidity of Fitzgerald. And if he doesn't have that, I don't think he can be compared to Fitz, because that's what makes Fitz what he is.

As for the rankings, I love Kendall Wright. But I'd probably have Floyd over him. But Wright, Floyd, and Jeffrey are all pretty close. It's going to come down to personal preference for a team.

Sloopy 01-17-2012 10:13 AM

Great job Scott.

I prefer Mike Adams over Jonathan Martin... but I'm biased

Iamcanadian 01-17-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829344)
Mike Wallace isn't a #1 WR in the NFL IMO, very good deep threat similar to Desean Jackson when he wants to try. #1 WR's are the guys who consistenly get open all around the field, players like Fitzgerald, Megatron, Andre Johnson...

I have to disagree, the Fitzgerald, Megatron and Johnson comparisons aren't what makes a #1 WR, that is what makes a HoF receiver.

A #1 WR must catch a fair # of balls and be a constant threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball and Wallace is certainly that.

A #2 WR is more of a good route runner who gets by with his precision but doesn't scare opponents with his deep ability.

underscore 01-17-2012 10:25 AM

I see you have D'Anton Lynn ranked with the CBs. Do you think he has a better chance, then, at corner in the NFL than safety?

Iamcanadian 01-17-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829332)
Very good rankings Scott, what is your opinion on Brockers and Cox as possible top 20 picks at DT? Brockers size and play reminds me of Richard Seymour, and Cox looks like he could be a impact player in the NFL at UT.

I agree and think Brockers will challenge for a top 5 pick before all is said and done in the post season. Top 10 for sure.
Cox should move up as well in the post season IMO and challenge for a top 20 pick.

mriforgot 01-17-2012 12:36 PM

Intrigued to see Trenton Robinson as the 5th rated safety prospect. I've always seen him as a Day 3 type selection, and probably a backup special teams guy at the NFL level.

JRTPlaya21 01-17-2012 01:44 PM

Why is Jeff Demps in the rankings if he is focused on track now?

Complex 01-17-2012 01:46 PM

Janzen Jackson didn't declare or he isn't ranked?

K Train 01-17-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2829344)
Mike Wallace isn't a #1 WR in the NFL IMO, very good deep threat similar to Desean Jackson when he wants to try. #1 WR's are the guys who consistenly get open all around the field, players like Fitzgerald, Megatron, Andre Johnson...

get that **** out of here. hes not a one trick pony like nate washington was when he was here....this year he became a victim of bruce arians and bens injury but hes a much more complete WR than hes given credit for. If hines ******* ward was our number one for like 10 years mike wallace certainly is. you saying that fitz, calvin, andre are number ones, well no **** they are the best at their position but theres more than 3 #1 WRs in the league. Hes in the next tier of #1s, not elite but top 10


that being said, floyd seems oddly low

CashmoneyDrew 01-17-2012 02:25 PM

Can't believe not one underclassmen safety declared. Especially with how awful this group is.

jrdrylie 01-17-2012 02:45 PM

Not sure how this will effect the rankings, if at all, but Dre Kirkpatrick was arrested for possession of pot this morning.

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2829337)
Glad to see Poe as your #1 DT. His upside is unreal. Not disagreeing, but I was a bit surprised to Taze as your #1 ILB.

I struggled with whether to put Burfict or Kuechly as the top inside linebacker. In the end I gave Burfict the benefit of the doubt on the maturity issues and went with the more talented player. However, that could change as I do some more digging into how serious those character concerns are with Burfict in the upcoming weeks and months. I am a Burfict fan though.

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 2829469)
I guess I understand the Fitzgerald/Floyd comparisons that literally every person makes. But I don't see it. They do have similar size. Will likely have similar speed. But I think the thing that makes Fitz so good is the thing that makes him different from Floyd. Fitz is a big man that moves like a little man. He has amazing fluidity in his hips (not just for his size), which makes him stand out in his ability to separate.

Actually, that is one of the main reasons I have compared Floyd to Fitzgerald all along. They are both big but play smaller. Check out out Floyd was able to create on bubble screens and even as a punt returner this year. The guy is quietly kind of shift, like Fitz. Floyd is also one of those guys who plays faster with the pads on and has shown the ability to be a vertical threat despite average timed speed, just like Fitzgerald.

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 2829560)
I see you have D'Anton Lynn ranked with the CBs. Do you think he has a better chance, then, at corner in the NFL than safety?

That is actually something I will be looking for at the Senior Bowl.

However, if it's close I always prefer to give a big guy a shot at corner. Then if it doesn't work out you can always move him to safety.

Scott Wright 01-17-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriforgot (Post 2829744)
Intrigued to see Trenton Robinson as the 5th rated safety prospect. I've always seen him as a Day 3 type selection, and probably a backup special teams guy at the NFL level.

Can't say I totally disagree and I currently have Robinson graded in that fourth to fifth round range. However, since all of the top underclassmen stayed in school safety is the weakest position in this draft so guys will inevitably get pushed up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.