Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Big Board and Rankings - Poz51 (Pre-Com. Top 100 +) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51043)

Poz51 02-16-2012 12:03 PM

Big Board and Rankings - Poz51 (Pre-Com. Top 100 +)
 
This is my current, pre-combine big board, included is a numerical ranking system I have been working on and refining, as well as a grade/draft position chart for how the grades translate into where in the draft I fell they could/should go. Grade is based on position, not positional value
For example for quarterbacks I use accuracy (ball placement, timing, etc.), intangibles (leadership, anticipation, football IQ, etc.), mobility (not just elusiveness out of the pocket, pocket awareness, ability to slide/maneuver in the pocket, etc.), arm strength (can they make the throws in time, can they gun it into a tight window if needed) and size (not only height, but weight, ability to withstand an NFL pounding). So, for example, although Andrew Luck does not have John Elways arm, he can make all the throws, so even though he is not get 100% in that category, he is close enough that he gets bonus points in the intangibles category to make his rating a 100 overall. Griffin on the other hand I have lacking just a little bit in size and similarly to my feelings on Colt McCoy pre-draft, I question his ability to with stand an NFL pounding so he loses points there.
I have only given out three 100 grades, N. Suh, J. Peppers and now A. Luck, its a grade I only give to players I would bet serious considerations that they make the Hall of Fame.
Included are draft stock thoughts, and serious considerations not related to the attributes (strengths and weakness) on the football field. I have only made it through so many prospects at this point, but here is my top 100 + prospects for the 2012 draft. Have at it, this is my first attempt at this system, I am sure I missed plenty... All feedback is accepted, and as usual, I will respond when I can.

Key:
(+) draft stock ascending.
(-) draft stock descending.
(=) draft stock neutral.
(Off) Off the field issues that need to be addressed.
(On) On the field issues that need to be addressed.
(M) Medical issues that need to be addressed.
(Heart?) Issues relating to the desire to be a football player and work ethic.
(Age) Age is a factor when considering the prospect and his future potential.
(S) Size is a factor when considering this prospect.

Grading Scale:
Hall of Fame: 100
Top 5: 95-100
Top 10: 91-94
Top 20: 88-90
1st Round: 85-87
2nd Round: 80-84
3rd Round: 75-79
4th Round: 70-74
5th Round: 65-69
6th Round: 60-64
7th Round: 55-59

Top 5
1 – Andrew Luck (QB – Stanford)
Grade: 100 (+)
2 – Trent Richardson (RB – Alabama)
Grade: 97 (=)
3 – Robert Griffin (QB – Baylor)
Grade: 96 (+)
4 - David DeCastro (G – Stanford)
Grade: 96 (+)
5 – Matt Kalil ( LT – U.S.C.)
Grade: 95 (=)
6 – Justin Blackmon (WR – Ok. St.)
Grade: 95 (=)
7 – Morris Claiborne (CB – LSU)
Grade: 95 (=)

Top 10
8 – Luke Kuechly (ILB – Boston College)
Grade: 93 (=)
9 – Riley Reiff (LT – Iowa)
Grade: 91 (=)

Top 20
10 – Kendall Wright (WR – Baylor)
Grade: 90 (+)
11 – Dre Kirkpatrick (CB – Alabama)
Grade: 90 (=)(Off)
12 – Courtney Upshaw (OLB/DE – Alabama)
Grade: 89 (=)
13 – Melvin Ingram (DE – S. Carolina)
Grade: Grade: 89 (=)
14 – Mike Adams (LT – O.S.U.)
Grade: 88 (+)(Off)
15 – Jonathan Martin (LT – Stanford)
Grade: 88 (=)
16 – Quinton Coples (DE/DT – U.N.C.)
Grade: 88 (=)(Off)(Heart?)
17 – Cordy Glenn (G/T – Georgia)
Grade: 88 (+)
18 – Nick Perry (DE/OLB – U.S.C.)
Grade: 88 (+)
19 – Zach Brown (OLB – U.N.C.)
Grade: 88 (+)
20 – Devon Still (DT – Penn. St.)
Grade: 88 (=)

1st Round
21 – Michael Floyd (WR – Notre Dame)
Grade: 87 (=)(Off)
22 – Dontari Poe (NT/DT – Memphis)
Grade: 87 (+)
23 – Peter Konz (C – Wisconsin)
Grade: 87 (=)
24 – Kevin Zeitler (G – Wisconsin)
Grade: 87 (=)
25 – Fletcher Cox (DT/DE – Miss. St.)
Grade: 86 (+)
26 – Ryan Tannehill (QB – Texas A&M)
Grade: 86 (=)
27 – Michael Brockers (DT – L.S.U.)
Grade: 86 (+)
28 – Mark Barron (SS – Alabama)
Grade: 86 (=)
29 – Coby Fleener (TE – Stanford)
Grade: 85 (+)
30 – Janoris Jenkins (CB – N. Alabama)
Grade: 85 (=)(Off)
31 – Jared Crick (DE/DT – Nebraska)
Grade: 85 (=)
32 – Whitney Mercilus (DE/OLB – Illinois)
Grade: 85 (=)
33 – Vontaze Burfict (ILB – Arizona St.)
Grade: 85 (-)(On)
34 – Jerel Worthy (DT – Michigan St.)
Grade: 85 (=)

2nd Round
35 – Alshon Jeffery (WR – S. Carolina)
Grade: 84 (-)(Heart?)
36 – Vinny Curry (DE – Marshall)
Grade: 84 (=)
37 – Mohamed Sanu (WR – Rutgers)
Grade: 84 (+)
38 – Kelechi Osemele (G – Iowa St.)
Grade: 84 (+)
39 – Leonard Johnson (CB – Iowa St.)
Grade: 84 (+)
40 – Doug Martin (RB – Boise St.)
Grade: 84 (+)
41 – Lamar Miller (RB – Miami)
Grade: 83 (=)(M)
42 – Bobby Wagner (OLB – Utah St.)
Grade: 83 (+)
43 – Brandon Washington (G – Miami)
Grade: 83 (+)
44 – Dwayne Allen (TE – Clemson)
Grade: 83 (=)
45 – Chandler Jones (DE/OLB – Syracuse)
Grade: 83 (+)
46 – Amini Silatolu (G – Midwestern St.)
Grade: 83 (+)
47 – Markelle Martin (FS – Ok. St.)
Grade: 83 (=)
48 – Donta Hightower (ILB – Alabama)
Grade: 83 (=)
49 – Chase Minnifeld (CB – U. Virginia)
Grade: 83 (=)(M)
50 – Cam Johnson (DE – Virginia)
Grade: 82 (+)
51 – Brock Osweiler (QB – Arizona St.)
Grade: 82 (+)
53 – Alfonzo Dennard (CB – Nebraska)
Grade: 82 (-)
54 – Brandon Thompson (DT – Clemson)
Grade: 81 (=)
55 – Brandon Weeden (QB – Ok. St.)
Grade: 81 (=)(Age)
56 – George Iloka (FS – Boise St.)
Grade: 81 (+)
57 – Stephon Gilmore (CB – S. Carolina)
Grade: 81 (=)
58 – Bruce Irvin (OLB/DE – W. Virginia)
Grade: 80 (+)
59 – Alameda Ta’amu (NT/DT – Washington)
Grade: 80 (+)
60 – Joe Adams (WR – Arkansas)
Grade: 80 (+)
61 – Andre Branch (DE/OLB – Clemson)
Grade: 80 (=)
62 – Rueben Randall (WR – L.S.U.)
Grade: 80 (+)
63 – Bobby Massie (RT – Ole. Miss.)
Grade: 80 (+)
64 – Billy Winn (DE/DT – Boise St.)
Grade: 80 (=)
65 – Ben Jones (C – Georgia)
Grade: 80 (=)

3rd Round
66 – Lavonte David (OLB – Nebraska)
Grade: 79 (=)(S)
67 – Juron Criner (WR – Arizona)
Grade: 79
68 – Shea McClellin (OLB/DE – Boise St.)
Grade: 79 (+)
69 – Isaiah Pead (RB – Cincinnati)
Grade: 79 (+)
70 – Mitchell Schwartz (T – Cal.)
Grade 79 (+)
71 – Sean Spence (OLB – Miami)
Grade: 79 (+)(S)
72 – Jayron Hosley (CB – Va. Tech.)
Grade: 79 (=)(S)
73 – David Wilson (RB – Va. Tech.)
Grade: 79 (-)
74 - Ryan Steed (CB – Furman)
Grade: 78 (+)
75 – Stephen Hill (WR – Ga. Tech.)
Grade: 78 (+)
76 – Shaun Prater (CB – Iowa)
Grade: 78 (=)
77 – Dwight Bentley (CB – La. Laf.)
Grade: 78 (+)(S)
78 – Orson Charles (TE – Georgia)
Grade: 78 (=)
79 – Ladarius Green (TE – La. Lafayette)
Grade: 78 (+)
80 – Brandon Boykin (CB – Georgia)
Grade: 78 (+)(S)
81 – Levy Adcock (T – Ok. St.)
Grade: 78 (=)
82 – Tommy Streeter (WR – Miami)
Grade: 78 (=)
83 – LaMichael James (RB Oregon
Grade: 78 (=)(S)
84 – Trumaine Johnson (CB – Montana)
Grade: 78 (=)
85 – Zerbie Sanders (LT – F.S.U.)
Grade: 78 (-)
86 – Austin Cole (ILB – N.C. St.)
Grade: 77 (-)
87 – Nate Potter (T – Boise St.)
Grade: 77 (=)
88 – Trevor Guyton (DE/DT – Cal.)
Grade: 76 (=)
89 – Chris Polk (RB – Washington)
Grade: 76 (-)(M)
90 – Nick Toon (WR – Wisconsin)
Grade: 75 (-)
91 – Jake Bequette (DE – Arkansas)
Grade: 75 (=)
92 – Brian Quick (WR – App. St.)
Grade: 75 (=)
93 – Dwight Jones (WR – U.N.C.)
Grade: 75 (=)
94 – Antonio Allen (SS – S. Carolina)
Grade: 75 (+)
95 – Chris Givens (WR – W.F.)
Grade: 75 (=)(M)
96 – Senio Kelemete (G – Washington)
Grade: 75 (=)
97 – Michael Brewster (C – Ohio St.)
Grade: 75 (-)
98 – Chad Diehl (FB – Clemson)
Grade: 75 (=)

4th Round
99 – Nick Foles (QB – Arizona)
Grade: 75 (-)
100 – Bernard Pierce (RB – Temple)
Grade: 74 (+)

Just Missed Out
101 – Keenan Robinson (OLB – Texas)
Grade: 74 (=)
102 – Phillip Blake (C – Baylor)
Grade: 74 (=)
103 – Cody Johnson (FB – Texas)
Grade: 74 (=)
104 – Cyrus Gray (RB – Texas A & M)
Grade: 74 (-)
105 – Josh Chapman (DT/NT – Alabama)
Grade: 74 (-)(M)
106 – James-Michael Johnson (ILB – Nevada)
Grade: 74 (-)
107 – Aaron Henry (FS – Wisconsin)
Grade: 74 (=)

Sloopy 02-16-2012 12:51 PM

Overall an amazing job.

I would have Martin a bit lower and I think he is WAY to close to Mike Adams.

I know your still tweaking this system but I think it a bit odd that all of Adams Martin and Glenn have 88's.

While they maybe relatively close in your mind (all top 20's) I don't see Martin or Glenn on the same level as Adams (whom I have ranked closer to Reiff) as prospects, even if they end up falling into that same tier (top 20)

In short, I feel that there should be some sort of (even if mild) separation of these players in your rankings if, after all, the point of the 1-100 system is to give a more accurate rating than just putting them in rank order.

Same might go for a couple other prospects, that just seemed to jump out the most to me.

D-Unit 02-16-2012 03:37 PM

Sounds like you do this every year. Is it for fun or something more?

wicket 02-16-2012 04:24 PM

harrison smith surely is top100?

Poz51 02-17-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2861584)
Overall an amazing job.

I would have Martin a bit lower and I think he is WAY to close to Mike Adams.

I know your still tweaking this system but I think it a bit odd that all of Adams Martin and Glenn have 88's.

While they maybe relatively close in your mind (all top 20's) I don't see Martin or Glenn on the same level as Adams (whom I have ranked closer to Reiff) as prospects, even if they end up falling into that same tier (top 20)

In short, I feel that there should be some sort of (even if mild) separation of these players in your rankings if, after all, the point of the 1-100 system is to give a more accurate rating than just putting them in rank order.

Same might go for a couple other prospects, that just seemed to jump out the most to me.

Thank you, I appreciate it!
As for Adams and Martin, I was really high on Martin for a while, but watching him vs. USC recently has me down on him, and I had him decending from my pre-senior bowl rankings. I think he has the athleticism (does he always show it?) to match up with NFL DE's, but I need to see more in the run game, and strength. Where as Adams I have ascending, but still have questions about him in the run game where I think he plays high at times and reaches/lunges with his hands, a couple off the field issues also lower his grade. I will adjust my grades again after the combine, and looking into my chrystal ball, I see Adams moving closer to Reiff, and Martin probably slipping down a little further, in regards to both, I do think they both have issues.
In regards to Adams, Martin and Glenn being 88's, keep in mind I rank based on position. Anticipating Adams continuing to ascend and Martin decending, unless Glenn blows up, or has a let down at the combine, I anticipate his grade staying close to what I have it. I also give Glenn a boost in my intagible department because I see him as a standout guard who can play RT or even LT in a pinch in the NFL, which raises his grade. Based on my grade Glenn is as good a guard at this point as Adams (is a small risk because of off the field issues, and his grade goes down) and Martin are tackles.
"if, after all, the point of the 1-100 system is to give a more accurate rating than just putting them in rank order." Maybe its the lack of sleep, but I am not sure what you mean by this...

Poz51 02-17-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2861830)
Sounds like you do this every year. Is it for fun or something more?

Mostly for fun, kind of a hobby, for a draftnik. The draft has fasinated me for a long time, and this helps me get a handle on it.

Poz51 02-17-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 2861899)
harrison smith surely is top100?

I have him as a 4th round prospect, I believe I have him as an a 71 I believe.
He's smart, with strong pre-snap recognition skills, plays well in zone coverage, has decent athleticism, takes good angles and is a solid tackler. However, I dont think he has NFL speed to cover TE's or RB's, or the speed to run many down, if he bites on anything and is wrong he is toast, I think he is stiff, not good in coverage, and does not really make plays on the ball while it is in the air, more of a in the right place at the right time player. I think he is limited in what he can do coverage wise and is more of an in the box type. He's a smart, instinctive player, who I think is a depth/special teams, fill in, or stop gap at the NFL level IMO.

ChiFan24 02-17-2012 12:29 PM

Great work, though I agree that you underrate Harrison Smith. Plenty of speed/athleticism IMO.

Also, what makes DeCastro a top 5 guy but another sure thing type interior prospect in Peter Konz #23? I would think you'd have Konz a little higher.

Poz51 02-17-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 2862804)
Great work, though I agree that you underrate Harrison Smith. Plenty of speed/athleticism IMO.

Also, what makes DeCastro a top 5 guy but another sure thing type interior prospect in Peter Konz #23? I would think you'd have Konz a little higher.

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Since you are the second person to mention that, I will take a deeper look at Mr. Smith... Maybe I underestimated his speed and athleticism...
Konz has some durability issues, and IMO is not as athletic, or fire off the snap as well as DeCastro, who I think is superior in every aspect, and has few flaws to his game or durability issues. I also think DeCastro looks natural and effortless in his movements, where as Konz to me is not quite at that level. I think DeCastro is the most complete guard prospect I have ever seen, where as I can not say the same about Konz. I do believe Konz is a very good player worthy of a first round pick, but I dont see him making the pro bowl next year, where as DeCastro I feel could have that type of impact...

Ghost of Juice 02-17-2012 03:57 PM

Great work! One question, I'm surprised you didn't have Calvin Johnson as a 100 grade? I didn't see any flaws with him a prospect other than having Reggie Ball throw to him.

wicket 02-17-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poz51 (Post 2862761)
I have him as a 4th round prospect, I believe I have him as an a 71 I believe.
He's smart, with strong pre-snap recognition skills, plays well in zone coverage, has decent athleticism, takes good angles and is a solid tackler. However, I dont think he has NFL speed to cover TE's or RB's, or the speed to run many down, if he bites on anything and is wrong he is toast, I think he is stiff, not good in coverage, and does not really make plays on the ball while it is in the air, more of a in the right place at the right time player. I think he is limited in what he can do coverage wise and is more of an in the box type. He's a smart, instinctive player, who I think is a depth/special teams, fill in, or stop gap at the NFL level IMO.


i think youll be suprised by his combine numbers then

Sloopy 02-18-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poz51 (Post 2862702)
Thank you, I appreciate it!
As for Adams and Martin, I was really high on Martin for a while, but watching him vs. USC recently has me down on him, and I had him decending from my pre-senior bowl rankings. I think he has the athleticism (does he always show it?) to match up with NFL DE's, but I need to see more in the run game, and strength. Where as Adams I have ascending, but still have questions about him in the run game where I think he plays high at times and reaches/lunges with his hands, a couple off the field issues also lower his grade. I will adjust my grades again after the combine, and looking into my chrystal ball, I see Adams moving closer to Reiff, and Martin probably slipping down a little further, in regards to both, I do think they both have issues.
In regards to Adams, Martin and Glenn being 88's, keep in mind I rank based on position. Anticipating Adams continuing to ascend and Martin decending, unless Glenn blows up, or has a let down at the combine, I anticipate his grade staying close to what I have it. I also give Glenn a boost in my intagible department because I see him as a standout guard who can play RT or even LT in a pinch in the NFL, which raises his grade. Based on my grade Glenn is as good a guard at this point as Adams (is a small risk because of off the field issues, and his grade goes down) and Martin are tackles.
"if, after all, the point of the 1-100 system is to give a more accurate rating than just putting them in rank order." Maybe its the lack of sleep, but I am not sure what you mean by this...

Understood, and don't worry about the bolded part, you answered it :)

Poz51 02-18-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice (Post 2863079)
Great work! One question, I'm surprised you didn't have Calvin Johnson as a 100 grade? I didn't see any flaws with him a prospect other than having Reggie Ball throw to him.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Good question, I had Johnson as a 99 overall. My knock on him was quick twitch related;build up speed, getting in/out of breaks, firing off the line, and route running. But being a 99 overall, and my #1 player in that draft, the negatives were minor. I think he could have easily gotten a 100. For some perspective, A. Johnson had a 98 grade, Fitzgerald had a 97, B. Edwards had a 95, C. Rogers had a 95, A. Green has a 96, D. Bryant as a 90, and this year have Blackmon as a 95 but may have a prospect crush on him, and will reevaluate him after the combine. I used to compare prospects to A. Johnson, now I do compare them Johnson. Johnson's size, hands, sm
I dont really think Reggie Ball's inconsistency affected any thing more than Calvin's stats, but I get your point.

Master Exploder 02-18-2012 10:47 AM

I feel like you're lower than most on David Wilson. Why?

Jimmy 02-18-2012 11:21 AM

I'll be the first one to say that spelling a player's name wrong does not help your credibility. (You have him in your top 20's, and have probably spent a good deal of time watching film of him to put him that high) Many casual readers will breeze through, see that, and it won't matter how valid your stuff is or how much time you've put into watching film. They'll write you off. Having that said, I agree with most of it. You have Chris Polk, a guy who is being projected by some to go as high as late round 1, wayyyyy too low. At least in my opinion. What's your take on him?

Poz51 02-19-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Exploder (Post 2863844)
I feel like you're lower than most on David Wilson. Why?

I think he lacks the physicality (He is physical, but not NFL level) to make it in the NFL as a everydown back, trusts his athletic abilities too much and it gets him in trouble, I question his ability to run between the tackles in the NFL and set up blocks, I dont see alot of patience on certain runs, IMO he tries to bounce things outside too much, and misses openings on the inside, I dont see much in pass-pro, only a one year starter, I havent seen a jump cut out of him, he runs high at times and has some ball security issues.
This is not to say that there is not a lot to like about him, will he be Felix Jones, Jamal Charles or C.J. Spiller? He has great speed, balance and acceleration, and there is a lot to like. He could be the next Chris Johnson, but I have hard time with speed backs who bounce it too much, and show little patience with limited starting experience. I do need to watch more on him, and will update my grades after the combine and having watched more on Wilson and others. Thats where I am at with him right now, I could see him going in the second, and think that anyone who takes him in the first is taking a risk, and if a team lands him in the third they are getting great value when I factor in risk/reward with him.

J-Mike88 02-19-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 2863879)
I'll be the first one to say that spelling a player's name wrong does not help your credibility. (You have him in your top 20's, and have probably spent a good deal of time watching film of him to put him that high) Many casual readers will breeze through, see that, and it won't matter how valid your stuff is or how much time you've put into watching film. They'll write you off. Having that said, I agree with most of it. You have Chris Polk, a guy who is being projected by some to go as high as late round 1, wayyyyy too low. At least in my opinion. What's your take on him?

While I assume he meant it constructively, I don't buy it. The spelling of some of these names means nothing IMO.
You've done a good job, and even the best scout in the country right now is going to be way wrong on a lot of guys when all is said and done, but Chase Minnifield, IMO, is way way way too low.
I'd put a lot of $ on him becoming better than 20-30 guys above him.
JMO.

Nice work though!

J-Mike88 02-19-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poz51 (Post 2861520)
I have only given out three 100 grades, N. Suh, J. Peppers and now A. Luck, its a grade I only give to players I would bet serious considerations that they make the Hall of Fame.

I'm surprised you give Luck a 100.
I do not see him as a "can't miss", sure-fire Pro Bowler. I like him a lot, but he doesn't have a rocket arm like many other guys do.
True, that rocket arm is overrated sometimes, but I think it helps in cold, windy weather. It will get a lot colder in Cinci, Chicago, Green Bay, NY, Pittsburgh, etc. than he's dealt with in the Pac-10 and in South Texas as a high schooler.

Carson Palmer ironically, is who Luck reminds me a lot of.... remember Palmer coming out of USC, not after the Steeler guy took out his ACL.

Poz51 02-19-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 2863879)
I'll be the first one to say that spelling a player's name wrong does not help your credibility. (You have him in your top 20's, and have probably spent a good deal of time watching film of him to put him that high) Many casual readers will breeze through, see that, and it won't matter how valid your stuff is or how much time you've put into watching film. They'll write you off. Having that said, I agree with most of it. You have Chris Polk, a guy who is being projected by some to go as high as late round 1, wayyyyy too low. At least in my opinion. What's your take on him?

If I lose credibility, or am written off, over one minor spelling mistake, so be it. If the content is valid I am fine with that, I am not doing this for notoriety. I'll take the high road on this one... I however should have caught my mistake with Mr. Devon Still.

Polk is down graded by me due to issues with limited upside, explosion, multiple shoulder surgeries and a minor knee(?) procedure if my memory servers me, he is not much of a threat outside the tackles, or to bounce anything outside or make many miss at the next level, a decent blocker and screen guy, pure N/S runner IMO with enough speed to make a 10 yard run 20 yards etc, productive (which is big for me) in college, does not have ball security issues, and he's hard to bring down.
My major issue with him is the medical concerns, especially having two shoulder surgeries being a physical runner, with some good miles on him already through his college career. Add in few teams running offenses with an emphasis on the running game, and I see him as a third round value. I could see him going in the second, but talk of him going in the first with medical issues is a bit rich for my blood. I know the bleacher report I recently read had him as a first round possibility, but they regularly have 60 guys like that. Take away the medical issues and add some break away speed, and I could see him being in that category.

Poz51 02-19-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2865050)
While I assume he meant it constructively, I don't buy it. The spelling of some of these names means nothing IMO.
You've done a good job, and even the best scout in the country right now is going to be way wrong on a lot of guys when all is said and done, but Chase Minnifield, IMO, is way way way too low.
I'd put a lot of $ on him becoming better than 20-30 guys above him.
JMO.

Nice work though!

It is what it is... One spelling mistake, means little to me either...
I like Minnifield a little less than I like Johnson and I like him alot.
Minnifield's knee drops him in my ranking right now. There is a ton to like, and playing well through the cartilage(?) issue scores some major pts for me, once he gets that cleared up, he will move back up my board. I had him as a end of the first round guy in my initial rankings. Where would you rate him in terms of the top CB's in this draft?
I appreciate it!

Poz51 02-19-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2865061)
I'm surprised you give Luck a 100.
I do not see him as a "can't miss", sure-fire Pro Bowler. I like him a lot, but he doesn't have a rocket arm like many other guys do.
True, that rocket arm is overrated sometimes, but I think it helps in cold, windy weather. It will get a lot colder in Cinci, Chicago, Green Bay, NY, Pittsburgh, etc. than he's dealt with in the Pac-10 and in South Texas as a high schooler.

Carson Palmer ironically, is who Luck reminds me a lot of.... remember Palmer coming out of USC, not after the Steeler guy took out his ACL.

Interesting you mention Palmer, Luck is the highest rated QB by me since Palmer. I am on the "cant miss" train with Luck, his anticipation and arm strength are good enough for me, I see him as a better P. Manning prospect coming out, who he is eerily similar to IMO. I think Luck's ability to read a defense, pre-snap and live action recognition skill are light years ahead of Palmers coming out. Maybe I just have the dreaded "prospect crush", but I have liked everything I have seen in him for the last 2 plus seasons...

J-Mike88 02-19-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poz51 (Post 2865078)
Minnifield's knee drops him in my ranking right now. There is a ton to like, and playing well through the cartilage(?) issue scores some major pts for me, once he gets that cleared up, he will move back up my board. I had him as a end of the first round guy in my initial rankings. Where would you rate him in terms of the top CB's in this draft?
I appreciate it!

I like Minnifield as much as any CB other than Claiborne, and I would not be surprised if "Frank Jr" ended up having a better career than Morris.
I'm a big believer in Minnifield and am hoping he ends up in Green Bay.

His dad was great.
So was Clay's.
We love good bloodlines!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.