Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Worst Franchise in the NFL (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5107)

Billingsley26 03-27-2007 10:45 PM

Worst Franchise in the NFL

I think thats theres no question about this one-----

ARIZONA CARDINALS

they have been going for about 40 something eyars now, and have never HOSTED a playoff game. JESUS. They just cant get it right. It seemed like they were on the right track last year, yet managed to win 5 games. Their offense is set, and dont give me the old well they had no OL...well a good franchise would go out and get what they need. NE had a big problem at WR this past season and boy have they done a GREAT job making things right. theres no question that things should be good in Arizona, but as long as the current owner iss in place there, they wont win. I still dont think they've done anything to help the OL, for god skaes they lost their best OL. and he stil wasnt that great.

Billingsley26 03-27-2007 10:46 PM

who do you guys think?????

regoob2 03-27-2007 10:46 PM

giants ..jk

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-27-2007 10:50 PM

IMO Cardinals>Lions. At least right now, and both have been incredibly inept in the past.

Yung Flippa 03-27-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billingsley26 (Post 256212)
I think thats theres no question about this one-----

ARIZONA CARDINALS

They might have been bad in the past. But they are slowly on the rise. I mean they got Edge, Matt Linerat, Boldin, Fitezgerald and Adrian Wilson. I really think taht next year they will be a solid team and in a few years they might have a chance to make the playoffs

Yung Flippa 03-27-2007 10:53 PM

But as of now

The Lions

RaiderNation 03-27-2007 10:54 PM

lions right now

Ewing 03-27-2007 10:54 PM

Houston Texans. I've already ranted and raved enough about how much they suck in previous threads.

bored of education 03-27-2007 10:55 PM

Lions
Radiers
Cards
Browns

PalmerToCJ 03-27-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewing (Post 256228)
Houston Texans. I've already ranted and raved enough about how much they suck in previous threads.

Their history is too short, they're making a decent start at making this list though.

Ewing 03-27-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ (Post 256232)
Their history is too short, they're making a decent start at making this list though.

Their drafting and offseason history is enough to make it.

Number 10 03-27-2007 11:01 PM

I'm on the verge of putting the Redskins in the discussion but they had some success a long time ago, so it may be a bit of a stretch. But the way they handle their offseasons is out of control.

dhoe20 03-27-2007 11:01 PM

I root for Arizona and Detroit to succeed. Don't have a reason, and I won't go out of my way to watch them, but I root for them...too bad they never amount to anything. Starting to believe Arizona is cursed.

cunningham06 03-27-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewing (Post 256234)
Their drafting and offseason history is enough to make it.

Last years draft for the Texans was among the best in the NFL...

neko4 03-27-2007 11:06 PM

Cant say DET
Barry Sanders+Sucess in 50's+thanksgivin game
I would say ARI

GiantRutgersFan 03-27-2007 11:07 PM

Cardinals, Browns, and Texans.

Texans are new, but they have been terrible in everything they have done since their inception....

Ewing 03-27-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06 (Post 256243)
Last years draft for the Texans was among the best in the NFL...

I told myself I wasn't going to go on a long winded rant about this; but **** it you've made me do it. Here it goes...

For months leading up the draft it was obivious that the Texans should pick either Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Young is basically seen as the second coming of Jesus in the city of Houston which would have boosted ticket sales and judging by the way he played for the Titans a few more wins. They could have easily traded Carr to a team that needed a QB. Reggie would have been the spark to the offense that the team needed. They could have ran a duel back system with him and Davis similar to Deuce and Reggie. Carr finally would have had another target besides Andre Johnson.

Yet, they decide to draft neither of these guys and their is excuse is that Carr and Davis are their franchise offensive players. Apparently in Houston franchise means one season as they were both cut on Friday. You explain to me, logically, how in one year a quarterback goes from "the franchise" to being cut. They went back on everything they said last April with their trade for Schaub and their cuts of Davis and Carr.

The other excuse they used was that they wouldn't be able to stop anybody with Reggie and Vince. Fair arguement but guess what. They still can't stop anybody. Mario Williams may have great potential but he didn't do squat his rookie year while Vince Young won Rookie Of The Year and damn near lead his team to playoffs while the Texans finished with the eighth overall selection and Bush was a key part to the Saints rise to the elite in the NFC.

I'll sum up why they screwed up with one simple video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

Explain to me how you had a succesful draft when everybody in the stadium is cheering the rival's quarterback as he scores the game winning TD.

PACKmanN 03-27-2007 11:15 PM

how many times are ppl going to remake this topic?

neko4 03-27-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan (Post 256255)
Cardinals, Browns, and Texans.

Texans are new, but they have been terrible in everything they have done since their inception....

They went 7-9 in '04, plus how can anyone say CLE. Dominate in the 50's and 60's and had who many think is the greatest player ever. Also had sucess in the '80's. Not their fault they were moved(ormaybe it was) and had to rebuild
http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/te...stories/browns

Basileus777 03-27-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 256240)
I'm on the verge of putting the Redskins in the discussion but they had some success a long time ago, so it may be a bit of a stretch. But the way they handle their offseasons is out of control.

You cannot be serious. I know that mocking Synder and the Redskins front office is fun and all, but to even mention a franchise with 3 Superbowl victories in this thread is just ridiculous. The Redskins are not anything close to being the worst NFL franchise. And 1991 is hardly that long ago compared to alot of other franchises. Its not as long ago as 1990 anyways.

Phrost 03-27-2007 11:24 PM

Personally when I think of failure in the NFL or inability to win, I always think of the Browns.

Ewing 03-27-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 256280)
Its not as long ago as 1990 anyways.

TheChampIsHere 03-27-2007 11:31 PM

Bearing the recent news of this Lance Briggs trade (which may not happen), I wanna say the Redskins. They make it a yearly practice to give up way too much for a player, and sometimes they do it several times in an offseason. They throw away their draft picks. They stay competitive because they do manage to keep a lot of talent on the team and hire good coaches, but the management is just awful. it was bad enough when they signed Archuleta to a huge deal, trading Champ and a 2nd rounder for Portis when we all know how much more important CB is than HB and give up the world for Mcintosh. But now theyre gonna trade down 25 spots and pass on Gaines Adams so they can upgrade themselves at a position that is already a strong point?!?!? Its just ridiculous. I know theyre certainly not the worst franchise in the league, right now or historically. But it is just getting downright ridiculous the moves they are making.

myinnerself 03-27-2007 11:32 PM

Yeah, it is by far the Cardinals, and actually second comes the Saints, who just hosted their first playoff game ever last year. I know they are on the rise, but come on, both teams have been BAD BAD BAD forever. You guys are living completely in the now if you say anyone but those two teams, except for the Texans guy, but they are still WAY to recent.

Phrost 03-27-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere (Post 256300)
Bearing the recent news of this Lance Briggs trade (which may not happen), I wanna say the Redskins. They make it a yearly practice to give up way too much for a player, and sometimes they do it several times in an offseason. They throw away their draft picks. They stay competitive because they do manage to keep a lot of talent on the team and hire good coaches, but the management is just awful. it was bad enough when they signed Archuleta to a huge deal, trading Champ and a 2nd rounder for Portis when we all know how much more important CB is than HB and give up the world for Mcintosh. But now theyre gonna trade down 25 spots and pass on Gaines Adams so they can upgrade themselves at a position that is already a strong point?!?!? Its just ridiculous. I know theyre certainly not the worst franchise in the league, right now or historically. But it is just getting downright ridiculous the moves they are making.

Their owner is just a complete moron. He is yet to acknowledge the existence of the salary cap.