Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   That Was Freaking Awesome! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51089)

StickSkills 02-19-2012 03:49 PM

That Was Freaking Awesome!

I just now got back from Penn State's THON. I was there for 41 of the 46 hours (because I'm not a dancer, I was a committee member and also supported my org's dancer).

That was freaking awesome. There is nothing in the world that compares.

Nalej 02-19-2012 04:16 PM

Penn Stater here. Heard about the great turnout and the 10+ million raised.

Great job

Jvig43 02-19-2012 05:02 PM

I'm heading down to Penn state next weekend for State Pattys day, and I'm pretty sure that will compare haha.

Nalej 02-19-2012 05:04 PM

Nice. I haven't been able to participate due to family but it seems like a great time as well

DeepThreat 02-19-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysgirl (Post 2865367)
The Jade Ring gemstone has a classic appearance and really does not need any fancy design to make a men's jade ring look impressive. Jade Jewelry Your custom man jade gem stone ring would look great even with a plain simple band, you can of course choose the 'ridge' design as shown in the image. Jade Necklace The image shows the men's jade ring with good quality genuine white sapphires set all around the center jade gemstone. You can choose to replace the white sapphires with diamonds or any other gemstones of your choice. Jade Pendant If you prefer to simplify the design of your men's jade gemstone ring, consider leaving out the (surrounding) small gems from the ring. We utilize the services of the same skilled craftsmen for the gold or sterling silver man jade ring. Jade Bangle You can therefore make your choice of metal based on, personal preference and budget limitation. This has been done to maintain the same sturdiness and durability across all ring sizes. You can choose gold or sterling silver for your man jade ring, gold and silver jade rings have the same high quality craftsmanship and healthy metal weight.

So, uh, wanna go out?

CJSchneider 02-19-2012 09:14 PM

Why do you need that much jewelry in the kitchen?

thefalconer 02-20-2012 11:17 AM

awesome stuff.

eaglesalltheway 02-20-2012 11:26 AM

Congrats to anyone who had any part in it. I donated a few times to some of the local canners a few months back, it seems, probably something like 3 dollars total only, but great job to all the dancers and all the people who made it possible.

eaglesalltheway 02-20-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 2865211)
I'm heading down to Penn state next weekend for State Pattys day, and I'm pretty sure that will compare haha.

I thought State Patty's day was the weekend after St. Patty's day?

StickSkills 02-20-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 2865709)
Congrats to anyone who had any part in it. I donated a few times to some of the local canners a few months back, it seems, probably something like 3 dollars total only, but great job to all the dancers and all the people who made it possible.

Every dollar makes a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 2865711)
I thought State Patty's day was the weekend after St. Patty's day?

It's the weekend before Spring Break each year. It started when they had spring break during St. Patty's Day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 2865211)

It doesn't.

eaglesalltheway 02-20-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 2865720)
It's the weekend before Spring Break each year. It started when they had spring break during St. Patty's Day.

Ok, because I;m thinking about going up so see a few friends up there for State Patty's, I thought it was in March, so idk what I'm doing, lol, bc I might be going to Ithaca, NY to visit another one of my friends in March...

StickSkills 02-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 2865727)
Ok, because I;m thinking about going up so see a few friends up there for State Patty's, I thought it was in March, so idk what I'm doing, lol, bc I might be going to Ithaca, NY to visit another one of my friends in March...

State Patty's Day is this coming Saturday (the 25th?).

eaglesalltheway 02-20-2012 11:52 AM

Well, ****, lol, looks like I'll have to go up another time.

StickSkills 02-20-2012 11:42 PM