Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bradford to Cleveland? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51275)

holt_bruce81 02-27-2012 11:53 PM

Bradford to Cleveland?

Not saying it would happen, just thinking out loud really.

Say the Rams fall in love with RG3. Clevelands head coach Pat Shurmer coached Sam Bradford in St. Louis his rookie season and Bradford seems to fit Shurmers offense better than RG3. And lets not forget when Bradford was coming out it was rumored that Holmgren was offering to give up his whole draft to move up for the #1 selection.

I'm a huge fan of Bradford and think he'll be really good and I don't want to trade him, but it just surprises me that it hasn't at least been discussed on these boards........Plus the Rams could save around 10 million by trading Sam.

Clarkw267 02-28-2012 12:00 AM

Money.

Bradford was the last of the mega bonus babies... Hard to trade a contract like that.

bigbuc 02-28-2012 12:11 AM

Both teams have a lot of cap space. I think that Fisher likes Sam and the fact that he's played two seasons already. Also very hard to trade a kid that you told your fans and city he's going to be our guy two years later.

But with that said... If I'm the Rams and think that RG3 is head and above better than Sam I would draft RG3 and trade Sam to the browns where you know his head coach would love to have him.

descendency 02-28-2012 12:15 AM

You can't trade Bradford's contract.

A Perfect Score 02-28-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 2877899)
You can't trade Bradford's contract.

This. Plus, to some extent, Bradford has shown an ability to at least succeed somewhat at the NFL level. It's not often you trade a proven commodity for an unknown one, even if those commodities are as green as the ones we're seeing here.

armageddon 02-29-2012 08:24 PM

I am expecting a big year from Bradford this year. A full off season plus OTA's will help him greatly. Fisher will make sure the o-line will give Bradford time too. Fisher will address the line first and foremost. Bradford had zero time last year. The interior o-line caved constantly.

keylime_5 02-29-2012 08:36 PM

-they can't move Bradford's contract

-the Rams could get a lot more by trading that #2 pick than they can by keeping it and trading Bradford

-Fisher has said that they absolutely are not going to trade Bradford

J-Mike88 02-29-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkw267 (Post 2877881)
Money.

Bradford was the last of the mega bonus babies... Hard to trade a contract like that.

^ BINGO ^
He said it first.

ChiFan24 02-29-2012 11:39 PM

If they're sold on Griffin, Bradford for #4 would be really interesting. It would be a QB upgrade and they'd still get their guy at #4 as long as it's not Kalil.

Of course, the money makes it a moot point.

SenorGato 02-29-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2881326)
^ BINGO ^
He said it first.

He also said it best. Bonus baby/babies is a classic sports word.

Matthew Jones 02-29-2012 11:56 PM

Unfortunately the Rams are stick with Bradford due to the contract as mentioned above. We can only dream of a world where the Rams trade Bradford to Cleveland for their two first-round picks and draft Robert Griffin, Justin Blackmon, and Kendall Wright to play alongside Steven Jackson on a suddenly-interesting team to watch.