Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Top 20 Running Back Rankings (w/ Projected Teams) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51302)

GoRavens 02-28-2012 08:44 PM

Top 20 Running Back Rankings (w/ Projected Teams)
 
TOP 20 RBS _ROUND PROJECTION_PROJECTED TEAM
*Peyton Hillis to the Denver Broncos*
*Mike Tolbert to the Cincinati Bengals*

Trent Richardson-1st - Cleveland Browns
David Wilson-2nd - Arizona Cardinals
Doug Martin-2nd- Green Bay Packers
Lamar Miller-3rd- Miami Dolphins
Robert Turbin-3rd - Baltimore Ravens
Ronnie Hillman-3rd- Tampa Bay Bucs
Chris Polk-3rd - Kansas City Chiefs
Bernard Pierce-4th- Tennessee Titans
Cyrus Gray-4th - Atlanta Falcons
Isaiah Pead-5th - Pittsburgh Steelers
LaMichael James-5th - New England Patriots
Tauren Poole-5th - Detroit Lions
Edwin Baker-6th- Minnesota Vikings
Chris Rainey-6th
Vick Ballard-6th
Davin Meggett-7th
Jeff Demps-7th
Jewel Hampton-7th
Dan Herron-F/A
Brandon Bolden-F/A

steelersrock151 02-28-2012 08:47 PM

As long the Steelers get o-line, ILB, and nose in the first three rounds, i'd gladly take Pead or James in the 5th. Would love James more, but I'd take either.

Bengals78 02-28-2012 08:48 PM

Lamar Miller in the 3rd?
He wont make it past Cincinnati in the 2nd

DoughBoy 02-28-2012 08:50 PM

Tauren Poole shouldn't even be drafted.

gpngc 02-28-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRavens (Post 2879518)
TOP 20 RBS _ROUND PROJECTION_PROJECTED TEAM
*Peyton Hillis to the Denver Broncos*
*Mike Tolbert to the Cincinati Bengals*

Trent Richardson-1st - Cleveland Browns
David Wilson-2nd - Arizona Cardinals
Doug Martin-2nd- Green Bay Packers
Lamar Miller-3rd- Miami Dolphins
Robert Turbin-3rd - Baltimore Ravens
Ronnie Hillman-3rd- Tampa Bay Bucs
Chris Polk-3rd - Kansas City Chiefs
Bernard Pierce-4th- Tennessee Titans
Cyrus Gray-4th - Atlanta Falcons
Isaiah Pead-5th - Pittsburgh Steelers
LaMichael James-5th - New England Patriots
Tauren Poole-5th - Detroit Lions
Edwin Baker-6th- Minnesota Vikings
Chris Rainey-6th
Vick Ballard-6th
Davin Meggett-7th
Jeff Demps-7th
Jewel Hampton-7th
Dan Herron-F/A
Brandon Bolden-F/A

What about Michael Bush?

And I doubt the Cards use a 2nd on Wilson with Williams coming back from injury, Wells, and Larod Stephens-Howling.

And I doubt Lamar Miller falls to the 3rd. If he does it will mean he really failed his interviews.

OSUGiants17 02-28-2012 08:51 PM

Arizona takes another VaTech RB in round 2 for the 2nd year in a row? Why? Beanie, Hyphn and Williams will do more than fine next year.

Dan_Steele 02-28-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRavens (Post 2879518)
[size="2"]
Jeff Demps-7th

Unfortunately Demps has given up football for the time being in an attempt to make the Olympics as a sprinter.

keylime_5 02-28-2012 10:08 PM

I think the Browns are very close to resigning Hillis it sounds like. How funny would it be if he returned to Denver though after they botched that trade?

Ozzy 02-28-2012 10:19 PM

A little off, on average 18 running backs get drafted in the NFL draft, not 14, so a few others might sneak in.


Here is how I have them ranked.


#1-10 (estimated rounds 1-3)
Trent Richardson Alabama JR
David Wilson Virginia Tech
Lamar Miller Miami FL RS SOPH
Doug Martin Boise State
LaMichael James Oregon JR
Chris Polk Washington
Brandon Bolden Ole Miss
Bernard Pierce Temple
Edwin Baker Michigan State
Isaiah Pead Cincinnati

#11-25 (Estimated rounds 4-6)
Robert Turbin Utah State JR
Vick Ballard Miss State
Cyrus Gray Texas A&M
Chris Rainey Florida
Lennon Creer Lousiana Tech
Tauren Poole Tennessee
Chris Relf Miss State
Jonas Gray Notre Dame
Adonis Thomas Toledo
Foswhitt Whittaker Texas
Marc Tyler USC
Ronnie Hillman San Diego State RS SOPH
Broderick Green Arkansas
Montel Harris Boston College
Victor Anderson Louisville

#20-27 (Estimated rounds 7 or undrafted)
Daniel Herron Ohio State
Bobby Rainey Western Kentucky
DJ Harper Boise State
Stephfon Green Penn State
Roddy Jones Georgia Tech
Jason Ford Illinois
Cory Sykes Ball State

diemertsdawgs 03-01-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersrock151 (Post 2879522)
As long the Steelers get o-line, ILB, and nose in the first three rounds, i'd gladly take Pead or James in the 5th. Would love James more, but I'd take either.

Pead wont be around in fifth round.

PossibleCabbage 03-01-2012 02:04 AM

It would be surprising to see Martin go to Green Bay. Ted Thompson is notoriously insistent on height requirements for every position (even for RBs where you'd think height doesn't matter), as the shortest player he's ever drafted at any position is 5'9 7/8" Brandon Jackson. (That's an easy trick for mock drafters, don't ever mock anybody shorter than 5'10", or 5'11" if he's a CB, to Green Bay.)

At 5'9 1/8", Martin might be too short for the Packers to consider. At the very least, the Packers would take Lamar Miller ahead of Martin, but Green Bay's not taking a running back on day 2. They have a ton of defensive needs, a top flight offense already, and about three picks in round four, so if they take an RB at all it's almost certainly in the fourth round.

RaiderNation 03-01-2012 02:54 AM

Lamar Miller is the fastest RB out of top 5 (LaMichael James rated #6)and has a real chance to be a late 1st. The Bengals and Browns need a RB and both could in that 17,21,22 pick depending on how the drafts shakes out.

Master Exploder 03-01-2012 06:43 AM

Cincinnati has made it no secret that they plan on drafting a RB early. I would assume they're going to grab one of the top 4. (Richardson, Wilson, Miller, or Martin)

ATLDirtyBirds 03-01-2012 09:18 AM

Hillis and Tebow on the same team? The world would explode.

Iamcanadian 03-01-2012 09:23 AM

I heard on NFL Network that Miller is now #2 on the RB chart and almost a leads cinch to go round 1 after his 4.40 40 at the combine.

Pat Sims 90 03-01-2012 09:47 AM

Even if the Bengals managed to get Tolbert they will still draft a RB high.

dmoneyrockin 03-01-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2881538)
I heard on NFL Network that Miller is now #2 on the RB chart and almost a leads cinch to go round 1 after his 4.40 40 at the combine.


I'm not sure how running the 40 in a time that everyone expected improves his stock.

Also, all 32 teams have their own draft board. One team may think a player is worth a 1st while another may have that player as a undraftable.

Personally I have a 3rd roundish grade on Miller.

toonsterwu 03-01-2012 02:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears drafted a RB in the 3rd-4th round area.

SuperPacker 03-01-2012 03:04 PM

Why would the Packers draft Doug Martin round 2?

Caulibflower 03-01-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2882160)
Why would the Packers draft Doug Martin round 2?

Because he'd make a super Packer. He'd be your Edgerrin James.

fenikz 03-01-2012 03:08 PM

Lol so much wrong with this

AZ doesn't have a 2nd

You don't draft 4th string runninbacks in the 2nd

PossibleCabbage 03-01-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 2882164)
Because he'd make a super Packer. He'd be your Edgerrin James.

Green Bay doesn't really run the ball even when they do have running backs, they have no need to devote a 2nd round pick to the position (when they have a 3rd round RB coming off IR this season), and Martin is too short to be considered draftable by the Packers.

Caulibflower 03-01-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 2882178)
Green Bay doesn't really run the ball even when they do have running backs,

Having a real running back on that offense would take it to new levels. Are they prolific without one? Yes. But it's one place on offense where there's nothing to get excited about.

Quote:

Martin is too short to be considered draftable by the Packers.
What is this nonsense?

regoob2 03-01-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonsterwu (Post 2882152)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears drafted a RB in the 3rd-4th round area.

Me either. We likely wouldn't reach for one but if there's good value we likely would.

J-Mike88 03-01-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 2882164)
Because he'd make a super Packer. He'd be your Edgerrin James.

We don't need Edgerrin James. Even if he's as good, we don't need that, and Edge never went to a Super Bowl anyway.

Our offense is fine.

We need defense with those high picks, not a RB which is almost an irrevelant position for offenses like this.
The Saints learned that lesson last year with Ingram. He didn't do schit for them and their offense was still awesome. Why they wasted such a high pick on him I will never know.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.