Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   David Molk: "I’m the Best Center in the Draft" (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51308)

Bengals78 02-29-2012 07:32 AM

David Molk: "I’m the Best Center in the Draft"
 
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-say-im-not/

Chapter one of his new book, "I Swear I'm Humble Jack Ass"

Sloopy 02-29-2012 07:37 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA another stuck up kid from that program? No way. I don't believe it.

Wait he thinks he's smarter than everyone else too? Color me shocked...

TACKLE 02-29-2012 07:38 AM

not sure if swag or little man syndrome.

Shane P. Hallam 02-29-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2879875)
BAHAHAHAHAHA another stuck up kid from that program? No way. I don't believe it.

Wait he thinks he's smarter than everyone else too? Color me shocked...

Eh, not fair to label the program. Mike Martin seems like a really good, humble guy. Molk, maybe not so much, lol.

Sloopy 02-29-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2879879)
Eh, not fair to label the program. Mike Martin seems like a really good, humble guy. Molk, maybe not so much, lol.

Maybe not the program, I have no problem labeling the school as a whole though (I know right, shocking that a Buckeye fan is saying this).

I live in CT and I can't stand all the smug douche-bags that came from that school who live here.

Their football arguments go as follows:
1. We have a better overall record

(Counter with 8 out of the last 10)

2. Oh yea? Well we are smarter (paraphrasing; usually some BS about their business program)

/end reasonable football discussion

but to be on topic, the guy does deserve some credit and certainly has made an argument for being a top 100 player in my mind. This, however, will hurt him a bit IMO

Th30ry 02-29-2012 07:58 AM

I'd gladly take him on my team. He plays as nasty as he talks and it's exactly what I want from an OLineman.

Is it stupid? yes, you shouldn't put it out there like that, but you should believe that about yourself.

SolidGold 02-29-2012 08:00 AM

Its just a rougher around the edges version of things Griffin has been saying about the competition between him and Luck.

Sloopy 02-29-2012 08:03 AM

I think it's good to believe your the best, and you say so in a matter-of-fact manner when asked in INTERVIEWS.

However, I think it's a completely different animal when you start trash talking your competition and it goes a little past a matter-of-fact mannerism when you say it's stupid to think otherwise.

Th30ry 02-29-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2879908)
I think it's good to believe your the best, and you say so in a matter-of-fact manner when asked in INTERVIEWS.

However, I think it's a completely different animal when you start trash talking your competition and it goes a little past a matter-of-fact mannerism when you say it's stupid to think otherwise.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

fear the elf 02-29-2012 08:10 AM

Saying, something like "There's a lot of great guys out there, but I think I'm the best center in this draft" is a lot different than saying, "He is nowhere near me as a player."

Like it or not, almost everything is about perceptions. The first comment would be perceived as confidence, the other shows arrogance and unnecessarily belittles someone else.

Post 666 - fitting that it is referencing the comments of a Wolverine. :)

Grizzlegom 02-29-2012 09:03 AM

I feel like this is fitting given the discussion we were having in the combine thread about Molk vs. Brewster this weekend haha

zachsaints52 02-29-2012 09:10 AM

Well he did downtalk a Ohio State player, that could be a little bit of the reason he said that about Brewster.

niiice 02-29-2012 09:26 AM

Molk is the man, he really doesn't give a damn.

K Train 02-29-2012 09:52 AM

i mean he did win the best center award, and so did AQ shipley so.....

FlyingElvis 02-29-2012 09:52 AM

Oh noes . . . I really wish he would say things a little nicer.

Ozzy 02-29-2012 10:00 AM

David Molk
6-1, 298



Peter Konz
6-5, 314




That is why people like Konz more and they should, it is hard for a center the size of Molk to succeed in the NFL. It can be done but a safer bet is the bigger center who is arguably just as athletic and gifted skill wise on the field.

Molk can talk all he wants, and really he is probably just trying to sell his book. But simply put he is a good player, not the best in this draft, period.

fear the elf 02-29-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingElvis (Post 2880047)
Oh noes . . . I really wish he would say things a little nicer.

Yeah, it seems stupid, but unless he's a super star, teams don't want to deal with that kind of ********.

brat316 02-29-2012 10:10 AM

Which defensive linemen quit against him?

SRogers92 02-29-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 2880051)
David Molk
6-1, 298



Peter Konz
6-5, 314




That is why people like Konz more and they should, it is hard for a center the size of Molk to succeed in the NFL. It can be done but a safer bet is the bigger center who is arguably just as athletic and gifted skill wise on the field.

Molk can talk all he wants, and really he is probably just trying to sell his book. But simply put he is a good player, not the best in this draft, period.



Yeah well, Molk's over twice as strong as the bigger Konz. So, what's your point? Molk does everything very, very good at Center and has been one of the best Center's in the country for the last couple of years.

Trust me no GM, Scout, or anyone with a brain will drop a kids ranking because he's confident and lets people know. That's absolutely stupid(not directed at you but a previous post). If anything, teams love a kid with confidence and isn't afraid to let people know it. Could you see a guy like JHarbaugh being disappointed in a kid for showing that sort of confidence proudly? Lol -- almost comical people think that's how the NFL works.

brat316 02-29-2012 11:04 AM

How's both their girths look? I don;t mean dick girth either, you guys is nasty.

Ozzy 02-29-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Yeah well, Molk's over twice as strong as the bigger Konz. So, what's your point? Molk does everything very, very good at Center and has been one of the best Center's in the country for the last couple of years.

Trust me no GM, Scout, or anyone with a brain will drop a kids ranking because he's confident and lets people know. That's absolutely stupid(not directed at you but a previous post). If anything, teams love a kid with confidence and isn't afraid to let people know it. Could you see a guy like JHarbaugh being disappointed in a kid for showing that sort of confidence proudly? Lol -- almost comical people think that's how the NFL works.
Freaking A man, so by that logic is Amos Zereoue one of the strongest on the field running backs in NFL history? He benched 470 pounds at what 5-10 200 pounds?

Just because one benches well does not mean they are that strong on the field. Just like with the 40, one can get proper coaching and work their way into becoming a good 40 runner, or good at benching 225 pounds. Like I said in another post, it has more to do with your body type and arm length than your flat out strength. DT Stephen Paea who I liked coming out of Oregon State benched 225 49 times, a combine record and could barely see the field last year for the Bears.

It is all about what teams are asking the center to do in the offense, and I just think Konz can provide more and in my opinion he played better on the field than Molk did anyways last year. That is why Konz is the projected 1st rounder, not Molk.

K Train 02-29-2012 11:21 AM

molks over twice as strong as konz lmao....ridiculous statement. if only the world really worked like that. i can out bench jared allens mean 13 reps, somehow i think hes a bit stronger than me though

SRogers92 02-29-2012 11:26 AM

Molk played plenty tough on the field and there was never any issues with him being soft or any of the like. Don't get so defensive of your sweetheart Konz.


Fact is -- Molk can easily turn out to be the best Center in this draft when it's all said and done and I doubt anyone would be surprised.


Oh -- btw, since you wanted to point out how "small" he is -- he's just as big as plenty of the top Centers in the league:

Nick Mangold: 300lbs
Alex Mack: 307lbs
Ryan Kalil: 299lbs
Scott Wells: 300lbs

Hell Jeff Saturday only played around 296-300lbs somewhere in there. Molk doesn't have size issues, doesn't have strength issues, doesn't have athleticism issues, and doesn't "play soft". His stock was low because people thought he was too small and now, he has proven he's not so, we'll see where he goes.

SRogers92 02-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2880137)
molks over twice as strong as konz lmao....ridiculous statement. if only the world really worked like that. i can out bench jared allens mean 13 reps, somehow i think hes a bit stronger than me though

Make an argument for Konz being stronger than Molk ...... starting ..... now! GO!

SenorGato 02-29-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th30ry (Post 2879901)
I'd gladly take him on my team. He plays as nasty as he talks and it's exactly what I want from an OLineman.

Is it stupid? yes, you shouldn't put it out there like that, but you should believe that about yourself.

+1

He's not a bad prospect at all....Just not a first rounder...and he might be if he was bigger.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.