Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Happy St. Patrick's Day! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51635)

A Perfect Score 03-17-2012 08:17 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Everyone go, be drunk and merry. It's time to celebrate the Irish in us all by binge drinking and attempting to seduce girls in green clothing.

I will be enjoying some green Keiths with my breakfast and moving on to the always delicious Jameson later this evening.

Cigaro 03-17-2012 08:32 AM

Are there any Irish beers available generally and relatively cheaply that aren't Guinness or craftbrew that perhaps I can't think of at the moment?

A Perfect Score 03-17-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 2908584)
Are there any Irish beers available generally and relatively cheaply that aren't Guinness or craftbrew that perhaps I can't think of at the moment?

Smithwicks is excellent, although I'm not sure how cheap it is in America. It's certainly not cheap up here.

Rob S 03-17-2012 08:50 AM

I will have to put up a picture of the mug I am drinking out of today. It holds 6 beers and has a wizard top.

Rob S 03-17-2012 09:12 AM

CashmoneyDrew 03-17-2012 10:44 AM

I ran a St. Patty's day 5K this morning and I had to be the only one not wearing green. I also wore a Japanese headband and reminded people of the fact that today is also St. Nakamura day.

Beer after a 3.2 mile run early in the morning = bad idea.

Rob S 03-17-2012 10:45 AM

I never wear green on St. Patty's. I'm Irish enough.

ATLDirtyBirds 03-17-2012 10:55 AM

Getting reckless.

Bearsfan123 03-17-2012 11:20 AM

Im wearing my Boondock Saints t-shirt as I don't own anything green. And im going to drink with my friends tonight. Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! Everyone's Irish today!

fischbowl 03-17-2012 11:56 AM

I cannot emphasize enough how much I ******* hate St. Patrick's. As a functioning alcoholic, there really isn't anything worse in my opinion then people who look for "excuses" to drink and today certainly falls into that unfortunate category. I don't need some ******** cultural holiday to determine my drinking patterns, I can get ******* festive on my own, when I want. The bars are going to suck today and packed with the most of awful people you can imagine, all wearing the same green, stereotypical outfits that they could muster together, listening to the same ******** mix of Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, and The Pogues. Seriously, **** all this noise. Instead, I've decided to spend my day celebrating my country's abundance of potatoes. Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, twice-baked, potatoes au ******* gratin......

We have it all, everybody, 'murica

nepg 03-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 2908584)

Smithwicks, Murphy's, Beamish

vidae 03-17-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fischbowl (Post 2908813)
I cannot emphasize enough how much I ******* hate St. Patrick's. As a functioning alcoholic, there really isn't anything worse in my opinion then people who look for "excuses" to drink and today certainly falls into that unfortunate category. I don't need some ******** cultural holiday to determine my drinking patterns, I can get ******* festive on my own, when I want. The bars are going to suck today and packed with the most of awful people you can imagine, all wearing the same green, stereotypical outfits that they could muster together, listening to the same ******** mix of Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, and The Pogues. Seriously, **** all this noise. Instead, I've decided to spend my day celebrating my country's abundance of potatoes. Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, twice-baked, potatoes au ******* gratin......

I don't wanna sound *** or nothin, but I'd like to move love to you tonight.

Brothgar 03-17-2012 12:50 PM

I think I'm going out like this today

Brodeur 03-17-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fischbowl (Post 2908813)

I love you so much after this. Even as a straight edge who never drinks, I hate it for the exact same reasons you do.

nepg 03-17-2012 12:53 PM

I used to get really pissy about it like fisch. It's kind of like if we took one day out of February where everyone put on blackface and ate fried chicken and watermelon all day. It's pretty offensive to me the way people treat my culture's holiday, but I've learned to just deal with it.

Brothgar 03-17-2012 12:57 PM

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 03-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2908879)
I love you so much after this. Even as a straight edge who never drinks, I hate it for the exact same reasons you do.

Try working at a liqour store in Chicago like I do. It is going to suck tonight. Too many drunk douchebags and their bros coming in drunk and acting like idiots. I better see some tits tonight on a really hott, drunk girl.

MetSox17 03-17-2012 01:13 PM

I used to think like that also, then i decided i didn't want a stick up my ass.

Brodeur 03-17-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2908905)
I used to think like that also, then i decided i didn't want a stick up my ass.

Raiderz4Life 03-17-2012 01:19 PM

Imma start hitting up bars on St. Patty's day and see if a brawl breaks out somewhere lol

Brent 03-17-2012 01:31 PM

I plan on starving someone who is Irish while talking with a British accent.

Is that how this works?

thefalconer 03-17-2012 03:21 PM

diabsoule 03-17-2012 03:58 PM

I bought a selection of some of the dark beers I haven't tried at the local grocery and will be celebrating my Irish heritage in just a bit.

TitansCJftw 03-17-2012 04:32 PM

Ngatachance92 03-17-2012 04:55 PM

I've always liked the idea of St.Patties day but I've never celebrated it. Back when I was a drinker I hated the idea of spending money at bars.