Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tim Tebow + 7th traded to the Jets for a 4th & 6th (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51686)

gpngc 03-19-2012 10:59 AM

Tim Tebow + 7th traded to the Jets for a 4th & 6th
 
They morally downgraded to Peyton Manning.

LOLLER SKATES.

What team?

Diehard 03-19-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 2911380)
They morally downgraded to Peyton Manning.

LOLLER SKATES.

What team?

Miami or Jacksonville for the $$$.

bearsfan_51 03-19-2012 11:03 AM

It begins....

JHasley10 03-19-2012 11:03 AM

Hope they only get a 3rd or 4th for him. Jacksonville will prob do it for ticket sales

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:04 AM

NO GOD DAMMIT I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS THREAD AND CALL IT "WHERE WILL TIM TEBOW END UP?" JUST LIKE THE PEYTON THREAD BUT YOU ******* RUINED IT!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo...ehrm...anyway....

Dolphins are the early favorite. Considering Jacksonville now has a different owner than the guy who wanted Tebow and already signed a backup QB, I don't think they'll factor in.

TitleTown088 03-19-2012 11:05 AM

Elway is going to regret spiting Tebow.

gpngc 03-19-2012 11:05 AM

I'm going to predict that the desperate Dolphins (who have no receivers and two good RBs... think about it...) offer their 2nd-round pick to Denver for Him.

**** it, 2nd prediction: Cleveland for a third.

TitleTown088 03-19-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2911413)
NO GOD DAMMIT I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS THREAD AND CALL IT "WHERE WILL TIM TEBOW END UP?" JUST LIKE THE PEYTON THREAD BUT YOU ******* RUINED IT!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo...ehrm...anyway....

Dolphins are the early favorite. Considering Jacksonville now has a different owner than the guy who wanted Tebow and already signed a backup QB, I don't think they'll factor in.


Tebow in Philbin's offense? Meh.

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 2911415)
Elway is going to regret spiting Tebow.

Tebow is going to give him mean looks from the bench when he next comes to Denver as his future team's 3rd string QB/backup FB.

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 2911420)
Tebow in Philbin's offense? Meh.

Irrelevant. Stephen Ross wants a "rockstar" team to compete with the Heat in town and Matt Moore/Alex Smith sure don't provide that.

He'll just stick Tebow in there and demand that Philbin do something with him.

Grizzlegom 03-19-2012 11:08 AM

I'm not going to vote because I don't think Denver will trade him.

Nalej 03-19-2012 11:08 AM





Ugh

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:09 AM

Haha. Whatever the Patriots did to anger the football gods must have been truly horrible.

bearsfan_51 03-19-2012 11:10 AM

I like the Pats idea. Let him play H-back, or put in a formation where he just trucks bitches.

The backlash on Tebow is too much. He's not a good quarterback, but he is a valuable piece that anyone would want on their 53 man roster.

Nalej 03-19-2012 11:10 AM

It's so annoying. We don't have any FBs on the current roster so I guess he has a spot.

toonsterwu 03-19-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehard (Post 2911403)
Miami or Jacksonville for the $$$.

I've got a tough time seeing Miami on this one. As much money as it might bring, that's really no where near the offense that the owner wants.

Will Jacksonville really go after another QB with Gabbert and Henne in place? Could definitely see them as an option.

I think it's going to take a team that has a creative HC/offensive mind, or a team with nothing to lose by stashing him on their depth chart. One team I wouldn't exactly rule out is Buffalo. Ryan Fitzpatrick is their starter for now, but if they can get Tebow on the cheap, maybe Gailey gets a couple years to groom him. Of course, if the price is right, a lot of teams may have some intrigue in stashing him on the depth chart.

The Pats are interesting because I vaguely recall Belichick taking a liking to him when he was coming out. Of course, that could've simply been the Belichick/Meyer connection. That said, if they move for Tebow with Hoyer and Mallett in place, he'll definitely be filling in at other positions, it would seem.

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 2911439)
I like the Pats idea. Let him play H-back, or put in a formation where he just trucks bitches.

The backlash on Tebow is too much. He's not a good quarterback, but he is a valuable piece that anyone would want on their 53 man roster.

Not at the price of the "fandumb" he bring with him. The Patriots might be alright as long as they have Brady playing at a high level, since the demands for Tebow to start at QB won't be as high, but most other teams would be screwed.

You can't "just use him as a FB" because there will be demands (and billboards) calling for him to start at QB as soon as your non-future HOF-QB throws an incompletion.

TACKLE 03-19-2012 11:15 AM

Is this really a debate? Order your #15 jerseys in silver and black now.

Grizzlegom 03-19-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2911449)
Is this really a debate? Order your #15 jerseys in silver and black now.

Tebow + Pryor? They'd be set for life...at TE.

bearsfan_51 03-19-2012 11:15 AM

Eh....I wouldn't really sweat stuff like that. Even if people are clamoring, at least they are paying attention, which is more than you can say now in places like Miami and Jacksonville.

jrdrylie 03-19-2012 11:16 AM

I think Jacksonville's new owner is going to make a huge push for him. Back in 2010, Khan told Wayne Weaver they should have drafted Tebow. And he just recently said that if he had been the owner then, Tebow would have been drafted by the Jaguars. I think he'll make a huge push to get him.

The reaction from all my Jacksonville friends is hilarious. They are all saying that the Jaguars already sell all their tickets and their season ticket renewal rates are at all time highs so they don't need Tebow to sell tickets. What they fail to remember is that while Jacksonville does sell out their stadium, it is mainly because they covered up 15K seats. If Tebow comes, they'll be able to take the tarps off. At $40 a seat, that is $6 million extra a year. Also, Jacksonville has trouble selling their luxury and club seats (which don't count towards sellout numbers).

gpngc 03-19-2012 11:18 AM

Tebow/Laurent 2012. Hope. Ducks. Happiness.

brat316 03-19-2012 11:18 AM

Tebow vs Gabbert


The ultimate battle.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 03-19-2012 11:19 AM

i just can't imagine, after watching Tebow play this past season, that any team would be willing to give up a 3rd round or higher pick. he would be an awesome FB, but noone wants to have the fans chanting for your FB to play QB. the distraction he would create would almost be worth a team giving a pick to their rival to trade for him. i'll give SD KCs 3rd round pick to trade for Tebow. the ensuing roits would surely doom the Chargers to fail, again

BeerBaron 03-19-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2911456)
I think Jacksonville's new owner is going to make a huge push for him. Back in 2010, Khan told Wayne Weaver they should have drafted Tebow. And he just recently said that if he had been the owner then, Tebow would have been drafted by the Jaguars. I think he'll make a huge push to get him.

The reaction from all my Jacksonville friends is hilarious. They are all saying that the Jaguars already sell all their tickets and their season ticket renewal rates are at all time highs so they don't need Tebow to sell tickets. What they fail to remember is that while Jacksonville does sell out their stadium, it is mainly because they covered up 15K seats. If Tebow comes, they'll be able to take the tarps off. At $40 a seat, that is $6 million extra a year. Also, Jacksonville has trouble selling their luxury and club seats (which don't count towards sellout numbers).

Where the hell are you going to NFL games for those prices?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.