Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Peyton Manning=Overrated (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51690)

NFLBaller 03-19-2012 03:06 PM

Peyton Manning=Overrated

Hear me out here. Manning the player i feel has become one of the most overrated Athletes in recent history. He has been put on a pedestal look at all the commercials and everybody loves good old boy Peyton but looking at the big picture and studying his career the big picture starts to unfold. In the grand scheme of things all that matters is winning. Manning has good Stats but if you look at his career on average he is one of the worst big game QB's. In a very long career he has only managed 1 Super Bowl while every year we are being told he can do it all on his own. Lets face it even in the Super Bowl he did win it was against an average Chicago Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Not to mention all the Playoff failures and another Super Bowl loss to boot. The guy also is atrocious in cold weather maybe the worst ever and hes not very good on the Road if you look at his whole Career. Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls while never throwing an INT in any of them. Now thats a guy that should be on a pedestal NOT Manning. Again a good QB but NOT one of the top 5 best certainly.

CashmoneyDrew 03-19-2012 03:08 PM

Oh look, it's this thread again.

killxswitch 03-19-2012 03:08 PM

Today I learned that NFL QBs win Super Bowls all by themselves. It doesn't matter how crappy the rest of the team is. Also, Dan Marino is terrible. I can't believe they let that loser into the Hall of Fame.

TACKLE 03-19-2012 03:09 PM

How does he compare to Tom Brady? Who is better between the two?

ChiFan24 03-19-2012 03:11 PM

I'd say he's like a poor man's Trent Dilfer. Good, but not quite great.

broncosfan 03-19-2012 03:11 PM

I'm assuming you're a bitter Chiefs fan.

Razor 03-19-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2911870)
How does he compare to Tom Brady? Who is better between the two?

There's a special place in Hell reserved for you now...

Splat 03-19-2012 03:12 PM

vidae 03-19-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 2911878)
I'm assuming you're a bitter Chiefs fan.

Why are Chiefs fans bitter? I'm not upset he isn't in KC, I just find it hilarious that you Broncos homers are already predicting SB appearances. How about you build the rest of your team first there champ.

NFLBaller 03-19-2012 03:14 PM

Anyone care to reply to the thread? All im reading is a bunch funny remarks. Debunk this please.

jrdrylie 03-19-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBaller (Post 2911892)
Anyone care to reply to the thread? All im reading is a bunch funny remarks. Debunk this please.

Peyton Manning has a better quarterback rating than Tom Brady in the playoffs.

broncosfan 03-19-2012 03:15 PM

I'm not predicting anything, it's just the way you sound when you talk about the subject.

NFLBaller 03-19-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2911894)
Peyton Manning has a better quarterback rating than Tom Brady in the playoffs.

Stupid reply Brady has 3 rings to Mannings 1....next

ImBrotherCain 03-19-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

:coolface:

Fico 03-19-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Mr. NFLBaller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

vidae 03-19-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fico (Post 2911905)
Mr. NFLBaller, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

When in doubt, go Billy Madison. I approve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBaller (Post 2911858)
Hear me out here. Manning the player i feel has become one of the most overrated Athletes in recent history. He has been put on a pedestal look at all the commercials and everybody loves good old boy Peyton but looking at the big picture and studying his career the big picture starts to unfold. In the grand scheme of things all that matters is winning. Manning has good Stats but if you look at his career on average he is one of the worst big game QB's. In a very long career he has only managed 1 Super Bowl while every year we are being told he can do it all on his own. Lets face it even in the Super Bowl he did win it was against an average Chicago Bears team lead by Rex Grossman. Not to mention all the Playoff failures and another Super Bowl loss to boot. The guy also is atrocious in cold weather maybe the worst ever and hes not very good on the Road if you look at his whole Career. Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls while never throwing an INT in any of them. Now thats a guy that should be on a pedestal NOT Manning. Again a good QB but NOT one of the top 5 best certainly.

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

Steady Lurkin 03-19-2012 03:18 PM

Now here's a discussion I can get behind.

ALL OF TEH MANNINGFACES

ChiFan24 03-19-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

You thought my remark was funny? <3

Splat 03-19-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBaller (Post 2911899)

Terry Bradshaw has 4 so he must be better than both of them.

NFLBaller 03-19-2012 03:19 PM

Bottom line what has Manning done to deserve all the accolades and a 90 million dollar contract at 36?

jrdrylie 03-19-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

I'm refuting your statement that Manning is one of the worst big game QBs. By your logic Trent Dilfer has 1 ring to Marino's 0 so obviously Dilfer is the superior QB.

ImBrotherCain 03-19-2012 03:20 PM

Can we seriously just ban this guy already? Something tells me he isn't going to be a valued poster.

:ban:

Leo 03-19-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Eli is 2-0 vs. Brady in SB. Is he a better QB?

Stupid thread. Manning is not overrated. Football is a team sport.

Steady Lurkin 03-19-2012 03:22 PM

If you need 6 passing TDs against a bad secondary in October, PEYTON MANNING IS YOUR GUY.

killxswitch 03-19-2012 03:23 PM

Pie vs. cake. Assuming cheesecake actually counts as cake, I say cake wins.