Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Gabbert's trade value? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51771)

Caulibflower 03-23-2012 06:23 AM

Gabbert's trade value?

If Tebow goes basically for a 4th, after his body of work... What would Gabbert get? People have been talking about Tebow being in Jacksonville, and it makes me wonder how much Jacksonville could get for their quarterback after a really, really unimpressive rookie season.

RagingColt 03-23-2012 07:30 AM

Nothing more than a 5th or 6th rounder at best after Gabberts horrific season.

ImBrotherCain 03-23-2012 08:04 AM

He can get well more than a 5th or 6th. The guy may have played like crap but was a consensus 1-2 rounder in the draft last year.

I am willing to bet he would fetch a 3rd at minimum.

PackerLegend 03-23-2012 09:01 AM

A pile of fresh cut pubes on a good day.

jrdrylie 03-23-2012 09:13 AM

Gabbert would fetch at least a 4th round pick and maybe even a 3rd rounder.

regoob2 03-23-2012 09:22 AM

I dont understand why Jacksonville didnt offer Gabbert for Tebow.

bucfan12 03-23-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Jaguars OC Bob Bratkowski and QBs coach Greg Olson plan to tinker with Blaine Gabbert's footwork this offseason.

Bratkowski praised Gabbert's "arm talent," but emphasized that he must slow his drops and stand taller in the pocket. The coaches also want to eliminate a hop and long step at the end of Gabbert's drop. Bratkowski and Olson have their hands full in also eliminating Gabbert's tendency to panic at the slightest sense of pressure.
SO you have two morons trying to coach up a scared QB who is afraid of pressure? As a Bucs fan, I just laugh at any news including Greg Olson and his responsibility to develop any QB. He sucked as an OC in Tampa, St. Louis, and San Fransisco and never did squat. I'm surprised he even got another look in the NFL.

Monomach 03-23-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 2918248)
SO you have two morons trying to coach up a scared QB who is afraid of pressure? As a Bucs fan, I just laugh at any news including Greg Olson and his responsibility to develop any QB. He sucked as an OC in Tampa, St. Louis, and San Fransisco and never did squat. I'm surprised he even got another look in the NFL.

You can be a horrible OC and still be a good QB coach. That's not unusual or rare.

...and I thought he made Josh Freeman the EMVEEPEEZ?

WCH 03-23-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Bratkowski praised Gabbert's "arm talent," but emphasized that he must slow his drops and stand taller in the pocket. The coaches also want to eliminate a hop and long step at the end of Gabbert's drop. Bratkowski and Olson have their hands full in also eliminating Gabbert's tendency to panic at the slightest sense of pressure.

So they think he sucks.

nepg 03-23-2012 11:28 AM

I'd be willing to invest a 2nd Round pick in him. Worth the risk -- the risk being that he might not ever get over his issue with feeling a phantom pass rush every time he drops back. He's an elite QB prospect.

Quote:

So they think he sucks.
They have one minor issue to work on and the one everyone has known about since the dawn of time.

WCH 03-23-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2918286)
They have one minor issue to work on and the one everyone has known about since the dawn of time.

That's a fairly crippling issue, even if everybody has known about it since the dawn of time.

VernonLawson89 03-23-2012 12:03 PM

A pile of s**t

mightytitan9 03-23-2012 01:00 PM

They could still get a 1st or 2nd for him, there's a reason he fell to the pick he did though, teams weren't as high on him as some around these boards were (I wasn't one of them, but many loved him)

I think someone would be willing to trade a late first for him or early second depending on where they are drafting. QB values are going up, we're seeing things revert back to the days when teams could afford to draft QBs and sit them.

regoob2 03-23-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 2918385)
They could still get a 1st or 2nd for him, there's a reason he fell to the pick he did though, teams weren't as high on him as some around these boards were (I wasn't one of them, but many loved him)

I think someone would be willing to trade a late first for him or early second depending on where they are drafting. QB values are going up, we're seeing things revert back to the days when teams could afford to draft QBs and sit them.

Nobody is giving a 1st or 2nd.

bucfan12 03-23-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 2918264)
You can be a horrible OC and still be a good QB coach. That's not unusual or rare.

...and I thought he made Josh Freeman the EMVEEPEEZ?

Freeman played better when he took control of the offense and playcalling.

Olson was never a good QBs coach either though, that's my point.

K Train 03-23-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2918286)
I'd be willing to invest a 2nd Round pick in him. Worth the risk -- the risk being that he might not ever get over his issue with feeling a phantom pass rush every time he drops back. He's an elite QB prospect.

no, hes not...and he wasnt this time last year either

A Perfect Score 03-23-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2918422)
no, hes not...and he wasnt this time last year either

Boom. He's never been elite. He's never been close, in fact. If anything, spending all last year starting in Jax only exacerbated the problems he had in college...Happy feet in the pocket, poor accuracy, an inability to read a defense, being an enormous *****, etc.

yodabear 03-23-2012 01:48 PM

My dog's ****

K Train 03-23-2012 01:50 PM

i never saw the top 10 hype, i didnt even really see the first round hype but i did see that he had potential so ok ill bite on that, but he was still a far cry from elite as a prospect even if the potential was there. people throw around the term elite like nothing

no one wants to be known as "this years blaine gabbert" lol

Scotty D 03-23-2012 02:13 PM

Probably a 4th.

BeerBaron 03-23-2012 02:31 PM

I wouldn't trade a pile of dog **** for him. I'd give up picks to keep him off of my team.

No amount of coaching is going to "fix" him. He plays scared. You don't fix that.

CAA QB prospects tend to get grossly overdrafted. If you're a QB, I don't know why you'd sign with anyone else to represent you. Gabbert needed a metric **** ton of work before he ever should set foot on an NFL field, and now that he's been exposed early, I don't see him recovering.

descendency 03-23-2012 03:02 PM

You'd have to pay his salary as well as give him to me for nothing.

He's total ****.

ATLDirtyBirds 03-23-2012 03:12 PM

I'd give a 7th for him. I'm sure he's an awesome scout team QB.

BeerBaron 03-23-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2918546)

If only he could wear that red shirt in the games....

WCH 03-23-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2918546)

Are you sure you wouldn't rather use that pick on a Long Snapper?