Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Irsay Interested in RG3? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51813)

Asteinebach 03-26-2012 05:36 PM

Irsay Interested in RG3?
 
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...n/Default.aspx

Hype or legit? If I'm not mistaken, I don't think Luck & the Colts have started in on serious contract negotiations, right?

falloutboy14 03-26-2012 06:03 PM

No negotiations have started that I know of. The private workout scheduled with Luck is probably the most note-worthy thing.

Sloopy 03-26-2012 06:09 PM

I'm sure that they are considering both.

Not coming out and downright saying that they want Luck is probably a negotiation tactic, not that it will really help them much.

K Train 03-26-2012 06:17 PM

the skins would have lucks name in before RG3 gets his picture taken with goodell with the 1 colts jersey

niel89 03-26-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2922326)
I'm sure that they are considering both.

Not coming out and downright saying that they want Luck is probably a negotiation tactic, not that it will really help them much.

Doesn't the pick have a slotted value now so negotiations wouldn't really matter that much?

I think the Colts are just doing their due diligence and checking out both guys fully. They would be fools to take Griffin. There is only a like 5% chance they actually take Griffin.

Babylon 03-26-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2922333)
the skins would have lucks name in before RG3 gets his picture taken with goodell with the 1 colts jersey


And leave ESPN sitting there in shock cause they couldnt use the whole 10 minutes to bull#### about the pick. That would almost be worth the price of admission.

Do we really need these threads.

bored of education 03-26-2012 06:57 PM

I am anticipating people going crazy when news breaks the Colts go in to contract talks with Kalil.

Asteinebach 03-26-2012 07:46 PM

I don't think it's altogether crazy to think that RGIII could go #1. But of course, if every single mock draft in the world disagrees, I guess that's proof positive. :facepalm:

falloutboy14 03-26-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 2922411)
I am anticipating people going crazy when news breaks the Colts go in to contract talks with Kalil.

They decided they liked what they saw from Stanton.:banana:

Asteinebach 03-26-2012 08:11 PM

I really liked what I saw from your mom :)

Rosebud 03-26-2012 08:30 PM

Jim Irsay used Smokescreen...Jim Irsay's Smokescreen failed.

Brothgar 03-26-2012 08:43 PM

Grigson is from the Eagles. The Eagles view of QBs has always been the more athletic types.

descendency 03-26-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 2922619)
Grigson is from the Eagles. The Eagles view of QBs has always been the more athletic types.

Jim Irsay is from his mom and his mom has always liked drop back passers.

SolidGold 03-26-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 2922619)
Grigson is from the Eagles. The Eagles view of QBs has always been the more athletic types.

Luck isn't an athletic type? He looked and tested out as pretty damn athletic at the combine.

cajuncorey 03-26-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 2922701)
Luck isn't an athletic type? He looked and tested out as pretty damn athletic at the combine.

not mcnabb vick or young ill tell ya

Complex 03-26-2012 10:29 PM

I hope they pick Luck, I don't want the best QB in the draft in the AFC south. We had enough of Peyton.

cajuncorey 03-26-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2922713)
I hope they pick Luck, I don't want the best QB in the draft in the AFC south. We had enough of Peyton.

hehehe subtlty i like it

SolidGold 03-26-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncorey (Post 2922704)
not mcnabb vick or young ill tell ya

Pretty sure he is on par with McNabb and Young. Besides the Vince Young thing really worked out well for Philly.

Clarkw267 03-27-2012 02:14 AM

I have a bet with a friend that Luck goes 1st, he's saying Griffin will.

I get $100 dollars if Luck does, he get's $250 if Griffin does....thanks for the cash suckaaaa.

StickSkills 03-27-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkw267 (Post 2922843)
I have a bet with a friend that Luck goes 1st, he's saying Griffin will.

I get $100 dollars if Luck does, he get's $250 if Griffin does....thanks for the cash suckaaaa.

Sometimes I wonder where people get this type of money to place bets with...

Clarkw267 03-27-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 2922852)
Sometimes I wonder where people get this type of money to place bets with...

There is this thing I do 5 days out of the week, where I go and work, then at the end of the week I receive a check that gets deposited directly into my bank account.

Halsey 03-27-2012 09:29 AM

The idea that there's a debate between Luck and Griffin is a myth, in my opinion. Even if they were equal in every other way, the questions about Griffin's durability is a big one. Luck projects as a guy who could potentially be a Peyton Manning/Brett Favre like iron man. Griffin has the look of a guy who may struggle to start 16-20 games a year, year after year, similar to Michael Vick.

Lil Quip 03-27-2012 10:19 AM

No matter how drunk you are on the Luck Kool-aid, a NFL executive has to do their due diligence on Griffin.

Although not the same, the Colts are the organization that took Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams.

descendency 03-28-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 2922728)
Pretty sure he is on par with McNabb and Young. Besides the Vince Young thing really worked out well for Philly.

Vince Young has NFL talent, though. He's just mentally ******* ********.

Robert Griffin clearly has his head screwed on correctly. I disagree with the VY comparison, but even if he is VY 2.0 at least he won't be crying in the locker room threatening to kill himself because the fans booed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.