Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Mock Archive (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Final 2012 Forum Mock Discussion (Draft In Progress) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52099)

BeerBaron 04-12-2012 10:32 AM

Final 2012 Forum Mock Discussion (Draft In Progress)

We're two weeks away from the actual draft, so it's about time to do the final forum mock of the year!

We will be doing the full 7 rounds, starting up once all the teams are filled.

Sign up is simple. Simply send an email with the following information to me at forummockbb@gmail.com:

1.) Username:
2.) Cell Phone #: (I will ONLY use this if it's ok with you. I'll only use it let you know when you're up. If you're not able to make the pick yourself, you can text it to me.)
3.) 5 teams you would most like to GM. (Bonus points if you add that you'll take any team. It will help us fill up quicker and get started sooner.)

Please also include if you would be willing to work with a Co-GM and who that may be. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.

There will be a 2 hour time limit for the first round and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. (I may drop this to 30 minutes if we get pressed for time near the end.)

The clock will stop between Midnight and 8am Eastern. These are the hours I will be awake and most active, so please send big boards if you aren't going to be around during that time.

Speaking of boards, Please for the love of god send them if you aren't going to be around! This makes things easier and more efficient all around for everyone.

Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Please try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.

To submit a trade, have both parties send me a PM, email or message on IRC if I am there. I must receive the details from both sides. You can send it via any of those methods, just make sure it gets to me.

Also, all trades must involve at least one draft pick. No player for player trades here. I reserve the right to veto any trades that I find unrealistic. In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.

Another thing, please sign into IRC when you can. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/ I'll be on when I can. Channel is #forummock I think. (Someone can correct me.)

Use your username from here when you sign it. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.

I'll take email applications until I can fill up all the teams. I don't plan on taking a team, though if there are leftovers, I'll step in.

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT:

1 Indianapolis Colts - falloutboy14 / iHateJJRedick
2 St. Louis Rams - TheBoyWonder22 / Holt_Bruce81
3 Minnesota Vikings – MarshallB
4 Cleveland Browns - DeepThreat / MikeTheDudeV2
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Caddy (in Aus)
6 Washington Redskins - BeerBaron
7 Jacksonville Jaguars – TheSlinger / SilentJaguar
8 Miami Dolphins - draftguru151 (no #)
9 Carolina Panthers - ncst8fan83 / Smash28Dash34
10 Buffalo Bills – redbills
11 Kansas City Chiefs – Wooty
12 Seattle Seahawks – Hines
13 Arizona Cardinals – fenikz
14 Dallas Cowboys – UTPATS
15 Philadelphia Eagles - Sickwithit1010 / Menardo75
16 New York Jets - Hurricanes25 /derza222
17 Oakland Raiders - RaiderNation (no #)
18 San Diego Chargers - fischbowl
19 Chicago Bears - princefielder28
20 Tennessee Titans - Caulibflower
21 Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals78
22 Atlanta Falcons – ATL (no #)
23 Detroit Lions – WMD
24 Pittsburgh Steelers - Shane P. Hallam
25 Denver Broncos – Grizzlegom / stupac3uk (in UK)
26 Houston Texans – jayceheathman (no #)
27 New Orleans Saints – CJSchneider
28 Green Bay Packers – SuperPacker (In UK)
29 Baltimore Ravens – APS/TACKLE (no #)
30 San Francisco 49ers – phlysac
31 New England Patriots - Matthew Jones / csaplarr
32 New York Giants – Scottyboy /OSUGiants17

If you applied but you're not listed, let me know. I triple checked my email to make sure everyone was included, but it's possible I never got your app. Someone can take the Redskins from me or you can join as a Co-GM if it's alright with the current GM.

If I don't have anything listed next to your name, it means I got your phone number. I made a note of the ones I didn't get numbers from.

REMINDER: Co-GMs are expected to work together. If someone is going rogue, let me know and I'll straighten things out. I also limited Co's to 2 per team. Any more might have gotten too messy.

I worked in the members I haven't worked with before in one of these where I could as Co-GMs. It's a good chance to show you're active and will participate. I typically run about 2-3 of these per year (an in-season one, the full forum offseason and this one right before the draft) so impress me here and your odds go up of getting future solo assignments.

I had to move some guys around at the very end to fill out the final spots, so some of you (Menardo, Fishy, possibly others) might have gotten a team that wasn't on your list. If it's a problem, let me know and I'll see if I can make any adjustments.

The Redskins were the only team leftover after I assigned everyone, so I took them. It won't be hard...take Griffin and watch basically. I can handle that.

I'll work out the details of when we're going to start up, when the clock will start, etc. I'll send all the GMs a PM to let them know and remind them.

scottyboy 04-12-2012 10:35 AM

Bb I'm busy all day and doing this in class from my iPod touch, but I'd like the giants pweeze

Wootylicous 04-12-2012 10:35 AM

Application sent!

OSUGiants17 04-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 2944696)
Bb I'm busy all day and doing this in class from my iPod touch, but I'd like the giants pweeze

I think me and scotty as the Giants GMs is a lock after these past few forum mocks

Justone2 04-12-2012 10:55 AM

Always fun to follow these so i can say i am looking forward for it to start:P

Bengals78 04-12-2012 11:47 AM

App sent.
Let me work some sex magik with these 2 firsts.

SuperPacker 04-12-2012 11:47 AM

Packers obviously.

Shane P. Hallam 04-12-2012 11:51 AM

I'll put it out there on twitter, so if you get anyone who doesn't have a lot of posts, don't poo poo them right off the bat, may be some good people.

Smash28Dash34 04-12-2012 11:51 AM

Panthers if possible. I'll take any other team if they are not available.

fischbowl 04-12-2012 11:51 AM

Application Sent....**** you guys, imma own dis shiz

ATLDirtyBirds 04-12-2012 11:51 AM

I'll be in if SP is not allowed in.

SuperPacker 04-12-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2944790)
I'll be in if SP is not allowed in.

:evil_laugh: :evil_laugh: :evil_laugh: :evil_laugh:

BeerBaron 04-12-2012 12:19 PM

10 applications so far, not bad for the first hour and a half.

And SuperPacker participates well. He's always around to pick or he sends a board. More I can say about some people.... He can have a spot in any mock I'm running.

princefielder28 04-12-2012 12:39 PM

Just sent my email

RaiderNation 04-12-2012 12:40 PM

Taking the Raiders this time, can't wait!!

Matthew Jones 04-12-2012 12:57 PM

Sent mine in!

CashmoneyDrew 04-12-2012 01:03 PM

Curse the timing. I'd love to do it, but my schedule doesn't free up until Sunday night.

UTPATS 04-12-2012 01:18 PM

App sent...

Smash28Dash34 04-12-2012 01:22 PM

When does this start btw

SuperPacker 04-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smash28Dash34 (Post 2944929)
When does this start btw

When all 32 places are filled. It shouldn't be too long.

Hines 04-12-2012 02:07 PM

Application is sent.

redbills 04-12-2012 02:37 PM

Sent
:wave:

MikeTheDudeV2 04-12-2012 02:41 PM

Application sent. :)

Smash28Dash34 04-12-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2945010)
When all 32 places are filled. It shouldn't be too long.

Sounds good

BeerBaron 04-12-2012 02:51 PM

Up to 20. Some I think are co-GMs for the same team though, so we're probably about half full.