Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Your Draft Day Plans? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52465)

holt_bruce81 04-23-2012 07:31 AM

Your Draft Day Plans?
 
Where will you be watching the draft? alone or with people? What kinda food?

Me.....Probably just going to watch all three days of it at my house, by myself. I took a weeks vacation from work for this event. Had to make some stupid excuse so I said I was going to Chicago for a Cards/Cubs game....You know didn't want to seem like a nerd. As for food, probably order a pizza or eat some pizza rolls.

Last year we partyed the night before the 3rd day started, I got up and started watching it, my best friend (who knows I watch the draft, I told him multiple times) was like dude...and I forgot what he wanted to do, I think go to the Cards game....I was like man the draft dude.....he's like man it's the 4th round come on.........He doesn't understand.

Oh and yeah, I'll probably watch it on espn. Every year I say I'll switch to NFL Network, but every year I end up watching it on espn.

Asteinebach 04-23-2012 07:34 AM

I'm going to do the same thing I do pretty much every year. I'm going to sit in the basement, watch the NFL Draft in my underwear, drink Rum/Coke, then play NCAA College Football 2011 for the PS2 for the remainder of the weekend.

I must admit, this plan used to work so much better when they had the Draft on Sat/Sunday.

WCH 04-23-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asteinebach (Post 2961856)
I'm going to do the same thing I do pretty much every year. I'm going to sit in the basement, watch the NFL Draft in my underwear, drink Rum/Coke, then play NCAA College Football 2011 for the PS2 for the remainder of the weekend.

I must admit, this plan used to work so much better when they had the Draft on Sat/Sunday.

I hate them for changing this.

I'll be staying in and having bratwurst and scotch, while I read the posts on here and at PackerChatters.

Asteinebach 04-23-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 2961872)
I hate them for changing this.

I'll be staying in and having bratwurst and scotch, while I read the posts on here and at PackerChatters.

Oh yeah, I'll be online. Can't wait to tease vidae for not getting Tanny.

wadsworth 04-23-2012 08:15 AM

I really miss the draft starting on Saturday, for years we had a big party that was a fun annual event. This year we are going to try out this draft party skins game someone found. It is always nice to make a little extra from all this draft research.

CDCB14 04-23-2012 09:33 AM

I just watch it by myself to digest it all. Sometimes it's so slow on here that I don't come on till monday after the draft so i've digested all of the picks.

Saturday and Sunday was definitely better for watching, but I think the current format is better for the teams because it gives them a better chance to regroup and make the right pick. Having the entire night to reset the board before rounds 2 and 3 and then again before rounds 4-7 definitely puts teams in a better position to succeed.

K Train 04-23-2012 09:35 AM

me and like 5 of my friends play a game where we do a shot every time i get a pick right...its a high stakes game.

everyone wins though

Bills2083 04-23-2012 09:51 AM

I usually just plop myself down on the couch with my multiple, mostly wrong mock drafts and draft magazines to see if what is written matches up with what the talking heads are saying. Then, during the commercial breaks I sprint to the kitchen to make/gather food. Also, I made sure to schedule off from work for Thursday/Friday/Saturday, because, well, why not? Everybody could use a mini-vacation.

Also, I do all this alone. My friends would get bored by the time the 3rd pick rolled around and I have spent far too much time reading about/watching games of the prospects to not see the draft process come to an end.

Jimmy 04-23-2012 09:56 AM

I'll probably be about 100 feet from Roger Goodell when he announces that Andrew Luck is the first pick. After that, I'll be in the relatively same spot for the next 2 days.

RADIO CITY

Shane P. Hallam 04-23-2012 10:01 AM

I'll be streaming analysis for every pick:

www.justin.tv/ShanePHallam

CDCB14 04-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 2961978)
I'll probably be about 100 feet from Roger Goodell when he announces that Andrew Luck is the first pick. After that, I'll be in the relatively same spot for the next 2 days.

RADIO CITY

No offense but I never understood the point of going to the draft. I'd rather just be comfortable on my couch with all the technology on need for the analysis I want then to be in a less comfortable seat with million of fans who probably know nothing about the draft besides the top 10 picks screaming all over the place.

Maybe you have to be there... but I just don't see it.

jojo 04-23-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 2961872)
I hate them for changing this.

Me too. They're marketing the draft to make max $ selling by volume + during weeknight primetime.

I will have to fight traffic home on the fwy. to tune in by 5 PDT, have to work again on Friday so no drinking in rd. 1, that will be 1st time for me in decades.

CashmoneyDrew 04-23-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 2961978)
I'll probably be about 100 feet from Roger Goodell when he announces that Andrew Luck is the first pick. After that, I'll be in the relatively same spot for the next 2 days.

RADIO CITY

Make a draft countdown sign with your handle on it!

I'll probably watching at a friend's house with a couple of guys who I wouldn't necessarily call draftniks but they know more than the average football fan, so I think I can put up with them. At least for the first round. Food is TBD, and we'll probably flip back-and-forth between NFLN and ESPN.

Day 2 I think I'll be working but I may try to get off a little early. Day 3, I'm off so I'll just chill and watch at home.

vidae 04-23-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asteinebach (Post 2961873)
Oh yeah, I'll be online. Can't wait to tease vidae for not getting Tanny.

Mean. It won't be the end of the world, he's just my #1.

I'm having a few friends and family members over and we're grilling a bunch. I'm pretty much the only person who cares about day two or three though, so I'll be eating a shitton of leftovers by myself.

jrdrylie 04-23-2012 10:20 AM

I'm cooking up a huge steak, drinking a bunch of Mountain Dew Voltage, and I'll watch every pick. I have four TVs, so I'll probably hook up two of them in my family room and play XBox while watching the draft. I'm going to do it big this year. Last year, my area got hit by a bunch of tornadoes the day before the draft and we lost power for a week so I missed the draft. That **** better not happen again!

My question is what channel should I watch. This is the first year I've had NFL Network so I finally have options. My issue with ESPN is twofold: 1). they spoil every pick by showing the player getting the phone call three minutes before the pick, and 2). during the later rounds, they spend 90% of the time talking about the first round picks. They usually just flash up the last 5 or 6 picks rather than showing the announcement of each pick and they never do analysis of the picks after round 4. Is NFLN any better?

hagy34 04-23-2012 10:25 AM

My buddys and I always play a drinking game. We rotate making a pick and if you get it wrong you do a shot. The first round is usually pretty lame but rounds 2 and 3 get tough. Friday night should be a blast...

vidae 04-23-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2962022)
My question is what channel should I watch. This is the first year I've had NFL Network so I finally have options. My issue with ESPN is twofold: 1). they spoil every pick by showing the player getting the phone call three minutes before the pick, and 2). during the later rounds, they spend 90% of the time talking about the first round picks. They usually just flash up the last 5 or 6 picks rather than showing the announcement of each pick and they never do analysis of the picks after round 4. Is NFLN any better?

NFLN is making an effort to not tip picks this year. Rich Eisen said they wouldn't be announced before the Commissioner does it and that they wouldn't show the green room before hand.

K Train 04-23-2012 10:36 AM

i think espn is doing that too

Hines 04-23-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2962051)
NFLN is making an effort to not tip picks this year. Rich Eisen said they wouldn't be announced before the Commissioner does it and that they wouldn't show the green room before hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2962054)
i think espn is doing that too

Good!

Also, I'm going to be getting home from class around the draft time(I think) so I'll be watching it at home. I might go to a buddies house if I do not have class.

SterlingArcher 04-23-2012 10:47 AM

If the Vikings select Kalil or Claiborne I'll have a few beers. If they take Blackmon, I'll chug a whole bottle of Captain Morgan and cry myself to sleep.

Babylon 04-23-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 2961997)
Me too. They're marketing the draft to make max $ selling by volume + during weeknight primetime.

I will have to fight traffic home on the fwy. to tune in by 5 PDT, have to work again on Friday so no drinking in rd. 1, that will be 1st time for me in decades.

No drinking sort of takes the fun out of things. I'll probably be doing a happy hour somewhere (big screen required). Long for the days it started on tuesday.

On a sidenote my grandson was due at the end of april and that had me a little worried. Young Beckham was born on the 19th so he saved the day for me. Mother and child are doing fine.

SterlingArcher 04-23-2012 11:03 AM

Congrats Babylon! Glad to hear everyone is in good health afterwards.

WCH 04-23-2012 11:06 AM

Congrats on the grandson and the fact that he didn't interfere with the draft plans!

vidae 04-23-2012 11:09 AM

Congrats man! That's huge!

thefridge15 04-23-2012 11:12 AM

Will be watching the draft absolutely alone with a box of pizza and a 2 liter of pop. I refuse to watch the draft with people who will be flabberghasted at the fact that Ryan Broyles isn't a top 10 pick, plus I want to just take it all in without the outside noise. I'm going to try to follow along with all the top scouts on twitter unless revealing the picks gets too out of hand. As far as TV goes, I'll be watching the first round on ESPN because it's the channel I've always watched it on and it just has some nostalgia to it for me. The rest of the draft will be NFL Network no doubt, hopefully we get a heavy dose of Mayock and Cosell and little to no Jamie Dukes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.