Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Worst Case Scenario for Bucs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52554)

Thunder&Lightning 04-25-2012 06:40 PM

Worst Case Scenario for Bucs

What do the Bucs do if Richardson and Claiborne are both gone? It looks like they most likely are going to be in this situation too...

Trade down and grab Kuechly?

Caddy 04-25-2012 06:43 PM

I don't classify this as a 'worst' cast scenario. I would be very happy if we stay put and take Kalil or Kuechly. Personally I really want Kuechly, but Kalil would probably be BPA at this point.

Dominik has reiterated numerous times in the last few months, so if he could find a trade partner (Buffalo maybe?) who wants Kalil, then he would pull the trigger immediately.

Monomach 04-25-2012 06:44 PM

Take Kalil and be happy that Minny did something stupid.

Jeremy Trueblood is a bottom ten right tackle. Penn is a lot better at run blocking than pass blocking, anyway. You just move Penn to the right side and plug Kalil in at left tackle. Boom. You got the BPA and the team's better.

tjsunstein 04-25-2012 06:49 PM

Kalil, easily, if they cant find a trade partner.

Caddy 04-25-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 2966077)
Take Kalil and be happy that Minny did something stupid.

Jeremy Trueblood is a bottom ten right tackle. Penn is a lot better at run blocking than pass blocking, anyway. You just move Penn to the right side and plug Kalil in at left tackle. Boom. You got the BPA and the team's better.

Yeah Trueblood stinks. It's not a difficult position to be in, in all honesty. We are going to be able to land the top player at his position at either T, RB, CB or LB.

TonyGfortheTD 04-25-2012 07:16 PM

Laugh at the Vikings for being dumb and take Kalil is what the Buccaneers would do.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 04-25-2012 08:24 PM

Best case is if someone takes Trent Richardson before them.

Monomach 04-25-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 2966120)
Yeah Trueblood stinks. It's not a difficult position to be in, in all honesty. We are going to be able to land the top player at his position at either T, RB, CB or LB.

Yep. Everyone in the top 6 is going to be able to fill a position of need.

I think the team in the worst position in that range is Washington, but that's just because I'm not sold on RGIII. But hey, they put themselves there, so...

gpngc 04-25-2012 08:35 PM

Call Buffalo. If not, take Kuechly or Cox.

bucfan12 04-25-2012 09:35 PM

Well according to Charlie Casserly, the Bucs have contacted the Vikings about the #3 pick.

TRENT RICHARDSON? Make it happen Dom. Make it happen.

jojo 04-25-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2966086)
Kalil, easily, if they cant find a trade partner.

Winnah.

This, & more of this.

Minnesota should charge them their #1, #2, anything else they can get from their 2013 draft too for the privilege of moving up for Richardson. Minnesota will need the extra players for their Los Angeles relo :banana: