Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Roger Goodell (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5258)

MP123 03-29-2007 09:15 PM

Roger Goodell

What your view on him as commissioner so far?

etk 03-29-2007 09:26 PM

He needs to teach a lesson to players like Henry & PacMan who don't appreciate the game and take it for granted too much. We need a "2 strikes you're out" policy, and the length of the suspensions is up to Goodell. Most coaches agree on this, and so do many of the players.

neko4 03-29-2007 09:29 PM

Henry and Pacman deserve year long and some change suspensions. Werent they buddies in college? There needs to be a rule that if 3 or more of your players are convicted of crimes then your team loses cap space or something

princefielder28 03-29-2007 09:30 PM

I like everything he's done so far with trying to keep the league's image clean and stuff but he made a major mistake when he decided to put a game across the pond. Bad idea!

remix 6 03-29-2007 09:37 PM

hes trying to make chances for the better. i respect him so far..hes met with teams, players and discussed the issues and im liking it. hes not just sitting on his ass and watching the NFL get victimized with retards like Bengals and Pacman

bearsfan_51 03-29-2007 09:42 PM

He's really just an extension of Tags at this point. A lot of the policies he's enacted (games overseas) are extensions of things that the league has been trying to do for years.

In all honesty, outside of labor negotiation years and dealing with revenue sharing the commish spot is pretty irrelevant.

Scotty D 03-29-2007 09:48 PM

I think a year long suspension is to harsh on Pac Man. He hasn't even been convicted of anything.

bearsfan_51 03-29-2007 09:53 PM

Who cares? Do you need to be convicted of something to be fired from your job?

Scotty D 03-29-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 260822)

I just like to go by the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

El$anDollah 03-29-2007 10:24 PM

He's done a fine job but still needs to fix some things (Roughing The Passer).

Yung Flippa 03-29-2007 10:33 PM

Goodell has done a great job since taking over

255979119 03-29-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El$anDollah (Post 260904)
He's done a fine job but still needs to fix some things (Roughing The Passer).

THANK YOU

By far the number one thing the league needed to address this offseason, and so far what have we seen? Nothing!

bearsfan_51 03-29-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 260824)
I just like to go by the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

Which is fine for a government or being incarcerated. This is not a democracy. It's a job. If I showed up to work tommorow with dreadlocks, gold teeth, and was "making it rain", I would be ****-canned in five seconds.

MP123 03-29-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 260817)
I think a year long suspension is to harsh on Pac Man. He hasn't even been convicted of anything.

I think Pacman and Henry need to be suspended for a whole year. Odell Thurman was and he didn't pull near the **** that these two guys have pulled. I would have tons of respect for the commissioner if he did this.

Shiver 03-30-2007 02:47 AM

I think he's doing a fantastic job. He is taking a proactive stance against steroids, and image cancers.

Dam8610 03-30-2007 03:36 AM

I've liked everything he's done thus far except the season ending suspension of Thurman.

UKfan 03-30-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 260783)
I like everything he's done so far with trying to keep the league's image clean and stuff but he made a major mistake when he decided to put a game across the pond. Bad idea!

Brilliant idea you mean! :):D

Scotty D 03-30-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 260939)
Which is fine for a government or being incarcerated. This is not a democracy. It's a job. If I showed up to work tommorow with dreadlocks, gold teeth, and was "making it rain", I would be ****-canned in five seconds.

I don't know I just look at the NFL as on another level.

DeathbyStat 03-30-2007 08:51 AM

If he wants to make a statement he needs to kick Henry out of the NFL.

portermvp84 03-30-2007 09:54 AM

He needs to grow a set of balls and start punishing guys like Adam Jones and Chris Henry etc.

wogitalia 03-30-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

You boss would damn well want to hope if he doesnt want to get hit with a pretty much surefire wrongful dismissal case. Firing someone for something they didnt do, outside of work, is pretty much as bad as firing them because they are black or female(although with all the PC these days you are more likely to get fired because you are white or male but thats another issue altogether).

As for Goodell, has done alright so far. Roughing the passer softness needs to go and his banning of celebrations is a negative, I already miss Ocho Cinco's great celebrations. Bring em back!

yourfavestoner 03-30-2007 12:10 PM

Meh...I've always thought that punishments for things other than performance enhancers should be up to the teams, as the teams technically are these guys' employers. Then again, he has the backing of the player's union. I just don't know why everybody ******* cares so much.

I'll also love him if he and the players union can agree to take marijuana off of the substance abuse policy. Won't happen, though.

bearsfan_51 03-30-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogitalia (Post 261509)
You boss would damn well want to hope if he doesnt want to get hit with a pretty much surefire wrongful dismissal case. Firing someone for something they didnt do, outside of work, is pretty much as bad as firing them because they are black or female(although with all the PC these days you are more likely to get fired because you are white or male but thats another issue altogether).

As for Goodell, has done alright so far. Roughing the passer softness needs to go and his banning of celebrations is a negative, I already miss Ocho Cinco's great celebrations. Bring em back!

Incorrect.

I teach at colleges. If I was accused of rape I would immediately be suspended untill the situation was clarified. If I didn't have tenure I would be fired on the spot. If I was pulled over for a DUI it would be the same thing, and likely I would be fired.

They aren't kicking him out of the league, so to suspend him untill the situation is cleared is not a violation of anything at all.