Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Values List... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52731)

Black Bolt 04-30-2012 11:34 AM

Values List...

I wonder, how can you not count Juron Criner in the 5th as one of the best values of the draft? I hope you aren't buying into that Anquan Bouldin-like 40 time that means absolutely nothing. The guy's production was incredible and he is polished coming out.

Shane P. Hallam 04-30-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 2979346)
I wonder, how can you not count Juron Criner in the 5th as one of the best values of the draft? I hope you aren't buying into that Anquan Bouldin-like 40 time that means absolutely nothing. The guy's production was incredible and he is polished coming out.

Scott wasn't very high on Criner. I am real high on him, probably one of the prospects we disagree on most. I'm sure we will discuss it on one of the upcoming podcasts.

tjsunstein 04-30-2012 11:39 AM

I was surprised to see that Jerel Worthy wasn't on the values list.

Dangermouse 04-30-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2979357)
Scott wasn't very high on Criner. I am real high on him, probably one of the prospects we disagree on most. I'm sure we will discuss it on one of the upcoming podcasts.

On the subject of the podcasts, do they go into hibernation for a while after the draft grades are all done and dusted, or do you guys get straight into some preseason discussion for next year?

Scott Wright 04-30-2012 12:43 PM

Criner went right about where he was supposed to. Arguably even a round earlier.

On Worthy, I considered it but I don't think it was a shock that he we a second.

As for the podcasts, we're doing a Round 1 review this week and then for the next month we will break down each and every pick, with eight teams per week. A player guest on each show too.

Pontus 04-30-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangermouse (Post 2979363)
On the subject of the podcasts, do they go into hibernation for a while after the draft grades are all done and dusted, or do you guys get straight into some preseason discussion for next year?

In previous years they have taken a brief hiatus (or churning out the podcasts with larger intervals - depending on how you want to see it, I suppose). Last year, they kept doing review shows till early summer and had a summar break until they did a supplemental draft in August. After that they more or less begun with weekly shows in September.

EDIT: Of course, Scott's answer above is far more useful ;)

PossibleCabbage 04-30-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 2979494)
As for the podcasts, we're doing a Round 1 review this week and then for the next month we will break down each and every pick, with eight teams per week. A player guest on each show too.

I love the podcast reviews, but people have complained about the tardiness of the written reviews in the past.

Do you just want to put out a statement like: "I'm going on vacation, I'll get to the written reviews when I get to them, if you have a burning need to know what I think, listen to the podcast" (an entirely defensible position)?