Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Seat up or down? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52737)

Razor 04-30-2012 03:19 PM

Seat up or down?

So my gf looked at me in a weird way when she found the toilet seat up today. She's been doing that a number of times lately. This time it lead to a debate: Seat up or down? She argued that I should put the seat down after use without giving me a reason to do so. I argued that if she wants the seat down she can just put it down before she uses the toilet. Who's right?

GallopingGhost 04-30-2012 03:21 PM

If it's at her house i can see her side, but if it's your house it's all your choice.
If you live together then you're fcked.

Hurricanes25 04-30-2012 03:22 PM

I always put the seat down. I have learned that females don't like when the seat is up and I'd rather not hear them complain.

Razor 04-30-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 (Post 2979961)
I always put the seat down. I have learned that females don't like when the seat is up and I'd rather not hear them complain.

I usually do that as well but sometimes I get into periods where I don't... It kinda depends I guess. We live together so I can see GG's point: I'm completely and utterly ******.

jojo 04-30-2012 03:31 PM

You always have to compromise on this with the woman with whom you cohabit.

Down is OK, up leads to armageddonlike argumentation.

Gay Ork Wang 04-30-2012 03:36 PM

i always wondered if women just sit on the closed toilet or if they actually look before they sit down

AHungryWalrus 04-30-2012 03:55 PM

I generally leave the seat down because it just seems cleaner that way. Logical or illogical, just how it is.

vidae 04-30-2012 04:05 PM

I grew up with my mom and sister and they made a federal case every time the seat was up. I started to put it down to avoid the bitching and I've been doing it ever since.

Nalej 04-30-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 2979956)
So my gf looked at me in a weird way when she found the toilet seat up today. She's been doing that a number of times lately. This time it lead to a debate: Seat up or down? She argued that I should put the seat down after use without giving me a reason to do so. I argued that if she wants the seat down she can just put it down before she uses the toilet. Who's right?

haha... I've had this arguement with my wife a million times.
I had the same logic as you. Takes the same amount of time to put it down as it takes for me to put it up if I have to piss... what makes you special?!

WCH 04-30-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 (Post 2979961)

I put the seat and the lid down, because thats how my first cohabitating female trained me. Since then, I've learned that flushing the toilet causes tiny particles of human excrement to spray all over the place; so it's good practice to have the lid down when you flush, anyway.

Sanitary issues aside, it's been years since anybody has gone nuclear on my ass for leaving the seat up. This is a stupid thing for women to pick fights about, but it's also a no-brainer for us to just put the seat down.

SRK85 04-30-2012 04:10 PM

^^ I do the same thing if girls are around. Put seat and lid down. Either way they still have to touch the toilet. Just like we do.

Nalej 04-30-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 2979971)
i always wondered if women just sit on the closed toilet or if they actually look before they sit down

They just sit. With that said, it's a man's fault if they fall in. Logic.

Splat 04-30-2012 04:11 PM

I was brainwashed as a child to always put it down.

jrdrylie 04-30-2012 04:32 PM

My place has two bathrooms so my wife and I each have our own. I can leave the seat up or down. Hell, if I want to, I could take the seat completely off. But usually the seat is down because I sit down to pee so I can watch TV while pissing.

Brothgar 04-30-2012 04:36 PM

Oh nvm I read the question wrong I thought you were asking While urinating. Seat down this is as much for my peace of mind as hers. If I've really gotta take a crap I don't want to have to worry if the seat is up. It doesn't happen to me nearly as much as it happens to women but the first time you fall in you will start putting it down.

Ngatachance92 04-30-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2980038)
My place has two bathrooms so my wife and I each have our own. I can leave the seat up or down. Hell, if I want to, I could take the seat completely off. But usually the seat is down because I sit down to pee so I can watch TV while pissing.

You better be watching sports on that tv while sitting down to pee to offset the bitchness with the manliness of sports.

CashmoneyDrew 04-30-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2980011)
I grew up with my mom and sister and they made a federal case every time the seat was up. I started to put it down to avoid the bitching and I've been doing it ever since.

Sister....

Also, I avoid this by never lifting the seat.

Splat 04-30-2012 04:48 PM

"I pee sitting down Shawn, Men's Health says it's good for your circulation" ~

Burton Guster

jrdrylie 04-30-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 (Post 2980046)
You better be watching sports on that tv while sitting down to pee to offset the bitchness with the manliness of sports.

I usually watch sports or food network. Occasionally I'll play XBox from my toilet.

WCH 04-30-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2980068)
I usually watch sports or food network. Occasionally I'll play XBox from my toilet.

What, did you build a man cave that just happens to have a toilet in it???

jrdrylie 04-30-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 2980076)

No, I just always angle my television so I can see it while sitting on the toilet. When I buy a house, I'm going to make sure I can put a TV in my bathroom so I don't have to leave the door open while taking a crap.

Ngatachance92 04-30-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 2980076)

If I ever accumulate any measure of wealth, this is at the top of my list.

Brent 04-30-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 2980022)
I was brainwashed as a child to always put it down.

Same here. Also, I always worry I might drop something in or that it wont look clean.

phlysac 04-30-2012 05:50 PM

Sit on the bowl with the seat UP once by accident. Then you'll see EXACTLY why females ask you leave the seat down when you're done.

Caddy 04-30-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2980082)
No, I just always angle my television so I can see it while sitting on the toilet. When I buy a house, I'm going to make sure I can put a TV in my bathroom so I don't have to leave the door open while taking a crap.

This is my dream.