Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Robert Woods Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754)

ZRO 05-01-2012 02:51 PM

The Robert Woods Thread

Man, I love this guy. One of my favorite WR prospects...ever. So polished, so explosive. He looked NFL ready last season. Such a good, smart, disciplined route runner with great hands and top flight speed.

Who can we compare him to? I'm having a hard time finding a comparison - maybe a faster, slightly taller Reggie Wayne? It's a good thing he's coming out now rather than a few years ago when everyone had a fetish for tall, slow WR's. 6 of the top 12 WR's in receiving yardage last season were 6-0 and under. Woods is listed at 6-1 although I can see him coming in at 6-0 at the combine. Either way, I think he's going to be ready to dominate from day one in the NFL.

keylime_5 05-01-2012 03:02 PM

He's certainly a great prospect. Should profile as a #1 WR in the NFL and be a top 10 pick. Incredible ball skills, good size at 6'1"/190 with above average speed (should be a 4.45 type guy). He really dominated the Pac 12 last year. He is a little closer to Blackmon though as a prospect than he is to AJ Green/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald/etc. He isn't an elite WR prospect quite in that sense, but he is a definite top 10 pick type guy. Just below Julio Jones as a prospect, but pretty close. Reggie Wayne is not a bad comparison. I think Wayne was a 4.40 or 4.45 guy as well...though I think of Wayne being a downfield receiver more and Woods being a great redzone weapon (who is also a great downfield receiver).

The Browns HAVE to draft this guy next year.

tjsunstein 05-01-2012 03:21 PM

If the Browns need to draft him, then he probably won't be a Brown.

A Perfect Score 05-01-2012 03:33 PM

Keenan Allen is better!

K Train 05-01-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2981515)
He's certainly a great prospect. Should profile as a #1 WR in the NFL and be a top 10 pick. Incredible ball skills, good size at 6'1"/190 with above average speed (should be a 4.45 type guy). He really dominated the Pac 12 last year. He is a little closer to Blackmon though as a prospect than he is to AJ Green/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald/etc. He isn't an elite WR prospect quite in that sense, but he is a definite top 10 pick type guy. Just below Julio Jones as a prospect, but pretty close. Reggie Wayne is not a bad comparison. I think Wayne was a 4.40 or 4.45 guy as well...though I think of Wayne being a downfield receiver more and Woods being a great redzone weapon (who is also a great downfield receiver).

The Browns HAVE to draft this guy next year.

Julio>AJ Green, therefore lumped in with AJG/AJ/CJ/LF

just sayin

/longtimejuliofanboy

D-Unit 05-01-2012 04:40 PM

I liked Marquise Lee better tbh.

keylime_5 05-01-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2981603)
I liked Marquise Lee better tbh.

I wish Lee and Sammy Watkins were juniors instead of sophomores next year. :/

TuckNole 05-01-2012 06:38 PM

I like him better than any of the WR from this past draft.

Bixby (Thumper) 05-01-2012 06:39 PM

Marvin Harrison v. 2

jojo 05-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2981542)
Keenan Allen is better!

Thanx for the Kennan Allen love:heart: !!

All the Cal season ticket holders where I work have begun their whinefest over his missing the Spring Game b/c he had ankle surgery.

Barkley to Woods FTW -- Woods is 100% healthy & will tear it up in the Pac 12 again.

ElectricEye 05-01-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2981542)
Keenan Allen is better!

I'm not ready to them quite yet, but I'll jump right on the Keenan Allen train with you.

cmarq83 05-01-2012 06:49 PM

Depending on how well his ACL is healed up it wouldn't surprise me to see Justin Hunter as the top WR next year. Guy plays just like AJ Green.

ElectricEye 05-01-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 2981753)
Depending on how well his ACL is healed up it wouldn't surprise me to see Justin Hunter as the top WR next year. Guy plays just like AJ Green.

That's a real good name to bring up too. We'll have to see what type of player he comes back as and he still has a lot to prove, but he has the makings of a legitimate downfield threat at the next level.

Master Exploder 05-01-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 2981753)

I'd be willing to bet Da'Rick Rogers would be the 1st WR taken in the draft over him.

BuddyCHRIST 05-01-2012 07:06 PM

Reminds me of Torry Holt.

CC.SD 05-01-2012 10:14 PM

now here's a thread I can get behind. Woods is a beast, he and Lee will be unstoppable this coming season, again

Black Bolt 05-02-2012 12:45 PM

Very good comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2981783)

Good job. And for everyone else reading this thread, how did you let Criner drop to the 5th round? He's more polished than half the NFL WR right now.

Iamcanadian 05-02-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 2982624)
Good job. And for everyone else reading this thread, how did you let Criner drop to the 5th round? He's more polished than half the NFL WR right now.

Inconsistent hands and cannot make the quick breaks you need in the NFL. Probably more suited to a WCO.
Hardly more polished that half the WR's in the NFL who have proven hands and can make a far quicker break on the ball or in their routes.

Black Bolt 05-02-2012 03:58 PM

No disrespect to you, but have you seen him play?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2982731)
Inconsistent hands and cannot make the quick breaks you need in the NFL. Probably more suited to a WCO.
Hardly more polished that half the WR's in the NFL who have proven hands and can make a far quicker break on the ball or in their routes.

I don't know how much quicker his breaks could be as a 6'3", 225 pounder WR. Quickness and agility are some of his best attributes outside of his incredible hand-eye coordination. He has short legs for a guy his size and his strides turnover is incredibly fast. He is a great downfield route runner, as good as Mario Manningham in terms of switching speed and setting up defenders. His hands can be inconsistent at times, but he makes incredibly difficult catches look routine. 209 receptions and 32 TDs speak to his playmaking ability. I am stunned he lasted until the 5th.

Big Bird 05-02-2012 10:42 PM

Woods is already a flawless route runner. His work ethic is quite evident that he has already honed this skills at such a young age.

And not to mention, his quickness is great, speed good enough, and catch radius is ridiculous. Top 5 prospect.

SickwithIt1010 05-02-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2982731)

There is no way in hell you are watching Robert Woods if this is your analysis of him.

Robert and Steve Smith are very comparable during their times at USC. He is a little more explosive however. Him and Lee seem to compliment each other perfectly. Woods is more than capable of being the deep threat that Lee is, but Woods makes his money being the technician running routes underneath and he is a YAC monster. Very strong for his size, and runs some of the better routes ive seen from a college WR.

Mr. Goosemahn 05-02-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2983655)
There is no way in hell you are watching Robert Woods if this is your analysis of him.

Robert and Steve Smith are very comparable during their times at USC. He is a little more explosive however. Him and Lee seem to compliment each other perfectly. Woods is more than capable of being the deep threat that Lee is, but Woods makes his money being the technician running routes underneath and he is a YAC monster. Very strong for his size, and runs some of the better routes ive seen from a college WR.

He was talking about Juron Criner.

BRAVEHEART 05-02-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2983655)

SickwithIt1010 05-02-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn (Post 2983669)
He was talking about Juron Criner.

Good call my man....thats my bad

Caulibflower 05-03-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bixby (Post 2981742)
Marvin Harrison v. 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2981783)

Let's not get all Hall of Famey just yet.

Greg Jennings 2.0.