Post Your Preseason QB Rankings
I've only been able to rank 7 players as I can only find film of 7, but here they are.
1. Matt Barkley, USC
2. Tyler Bray, Tennessee*
3. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
4. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
5. Aaron Murray, Georgia*
6. Landry Jones, Oklahoma
7. Geno Smith, West Virginia
1. Tyler Wilson
2. Tyler Bray
3. Matt Barkley
4. Logan Thomas
5. the rest
1-Barkley (not very athletic, a little short/small, system is QB friendly, not a great arm, but he is a player with great intangeables and great tape and production)
2-Wilson (having played in petrino's system is a negative)
3-Smith (best pure passer in the draft, that system Mike Leach made famous is a red flag though)
4-Bray (big potential, raw and needs to hit the weight room/arby's)
5-Jones (though i don't like him)
6-Thomas (i really don't like him)
7-Murray (too short, but he is very good otherwise)
I could see Gmith, Wilson, or Bray passing Barkley by next April. It will be tough to do though b/c Barkley really was amazing last season and has improved a lot over his career.
Barkley has a cannon. He can sling 60 yarders without losing much accuracy.
1. Tyler Wilson- Arkansas
2. Matt Barkley- USC
3. Tyler Bray- Tennessee
4. Landry Jones- Oklahoma
5. Logan Thomas- Virginia Tech
6. E.J. Manuel- Florida State
7. Jeff Tuel- Washington State
A lot of people are pretty high on Aaron Murray. Some people are even comparing him to Drew Brees. I tend to disagree. I see him being closer to Colt McCoy than Drew Brees.
1 Matt Barkley QB USC
2 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
3 Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech
4 Tyler Bray QB Tennessee*
5 Geno Smith QB West Virginia
6 Aaron Murray QB Georgia*
7 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
We're going to have another case of Andrew Luck, where essentially is Barkley doesn't disgress he'll be the number one overall pick. Logan Thomas is the only one that can push him for that with a huge season but right now, I like Bray a tad more than Thomas.
Matt Barkley, QB USC
Tyler Bray, QB Tenn
Logan Thomas, VT
Geno Smith, QB WVU
Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
His timing, accuracy, and mental grasp for the game along with his experience and production in a pro style system are what makes him a top prospect. Not that mobile, doesn't have elite size or strength, but he should be a franchise QB in the NFL that can throw downfield with accuracy as well as with touch.
Me neither. These other guys are superior athletes with great upside. Luck had outstanding size and athleticism and was ready to lead an NFL offense during his redshirt sophomore season, that's how developed he was mentally for the QB position in a pro style offense. He could look off defenders and manipulate coverages back then. Barkley doesn't have the lofty "best prospect in a decade" status that Luck did going into last year, and the guys nipping at his heels could surpass him with elite seasons on the field this year.
Sleeper is Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah.
Shane has been reppin him lately.
I thought he was eligible last year and had him as my 15th QB in the class of 2012.
Not mine, but from NFL.com:
1. Matt Barkley, USC, 6-foot-2/230 pounds
2. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas, 6-3/220
3. E.J. Manuel, Florida State, 6-5/238
4. *Tyler Bray, Tennessee, 6-6/213
T-5. *Aaron Murray, Georgia, 6-1/211
T-5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma, 6-4/229
Personally, not a fan of Manuel that high. Not as strong mentally.
1. Logan Thomas
2. Tyler Bray
3. Tyler Wilson
4. Keith Price
5. Geno Smith
6. Mike Glennon
7. Matt Barkley
To be honest I haven't seen enough of Tyler Bray because Tennessee wasn't exactly loaded with 2012 prospects but I like Matt Barkley on top and then Landry Jones over Tyler Wilson. From what I've seen I don't think Logan Thomas is as athletic as Cam Newton but he is a pretty polished passer as well.
1. Matt Barkley
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Tyler Bray
4. Geno Smith
5. Landry Jones
6. EJ Manuel
Super preliminary, but that's my list. Barkley and Wilson are neck and neck, but I'm not as big on either of them as some are. Bray has the upside to be the best of the bunch, but he needs to stay healthy for a full season and take the next step he flashes the ability to make.
It's a pretty strong group, I have to say. In some environments, we would be seeing Landry Jones in the discussion for being a top 10 pick. I wouldn't agree with it, but there's years where it could happen. There's some interesting names I'm still trying to figure things out about as well. Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray, Keith Price, Casey Pachall, and Mike Glennon are all guys who could get quite a bit of play and have flashed ability. Bryn Renner
is someone who I would like to mention too. He had a sneaky good season last year to go along with a decent set of tools. I'm interested to see what he'll do. Larry Fedora runs a quarterback friendly offense, it wouldn't surprise me to see Renner put up some decent numbers.
Aaron Murray is like 5'11-6'0. I'm leaning more towards 5'11. How much do you think that will kill his stock?
Brad Sorensen (I posted a video of him in the 2013 Prospects video thread. Check it out.)
My prediction for when the draft roles around:
I think between the Belldozer, loosing WRs and his TE and just not being all that good, Landry Jones drops severely this season. I think Geno Smith made huge strides last season and will continue, but I also hate the offensive system he is in. I love Mike Glennon's potential and think he could have a big season and go early. Last but not least, Aaron Murray will be 2013's Russell Wilson, great arm and QB play, but lacks height, one team will love him. O and AJ McCarron is dreamy.
Right now mine would be....
1. Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee
2. Matt Barkley QB, USC
3. Aaron Murray QB, Georgia
4. Tyler Wilson QB, Arkansas
5. Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
6. Logan Thomas QB, Virginia Tech
I'm not really a big fan of Landry Jones, I think he's more of a mid-round prospect.
Aaron Murry blows lol. Ive see about 80% of his games and hes not in the least bit impressive. Accuracy is suspect, deep ball is too inconsistent and overall decision making is not even close to where it would need to be for me to even consider him being in the top 7. TBH compating him to Colt would probably actually benifit him.
1. Matt Barkley USC
2. Tyler Bray Tennessee*
3. Tyler Wilson Arkansas
4. Logan Thomas Virginia Tech*
5. Geno Smith West Virginia
6. Landry Jones Oklahoma
7. Casey Pachall TCU*
8. Tajh Boyd Clemson*
9. Brad Sorensen Southern Utah
10. Aaron Murray Georgia*
1. Matt Barkley USC - real fun to watch, master of the offense, able to go through all his progressions, compares favorably to Luck in most facets besides elite athleticism that Luck bring to the table.
2. Tyler Wilson Arkansas - put up huge numbers in Petrino's offense and in what many label the best conference in the country. If he plays well this year in the midst of a coaching change he will solidify a spot in the top 10.
3. Tyler Bray Tenn - has all the tools, is on a bad team so if he is able to turn things around this year it will really help his status.
4. Mike Glennon NC St - inconsistent at the beginning of the year but really got into a groove. Had a great first year as a starter. Huge guy/Huge arm and playing for Tom O'Brien should only help his pro pedigree
5. Landry Jones Oklahoma - has the prototypical size and arm strength, will have four years as the starting QB but well lose snaps to the Belldozer. I think he should of come out this year.
6. Geno Smith WVU - pocket passer put up huge numbers in that offense, does most of his damage from the pocket, not a huge threat with his feet. Only real knock on him is he plays in the big east
7. Logan Thomas Va Tech* - not a huge fan, has tools but is overrated
8. Sean Renfree Duke - underrated, plays on a bad team David Cutliffe's pupil who has also worked with the Manning's.
9. Jeff Tuel Wash St. - He is gonna put up huge numbers in leach's system. He will rise during the season. Does have some injury concerns. A player to watch out for.
10. Aaron Murray Georgia* - interesting prospect but undersized.
Dayne Crist - Kansas
Brad Sorensen - Southern Utah
These two are my main sleeper QB's that could really rise up the boards.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.