Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   NFL Network - 2013 Rankings (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52758)

Iamcanadian 05-01-2012 06:04 PM

NFL Network - 2013 Rankings

Chad Reuter's list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ts-by-position

Bucky Brooks list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...p-30-prospects

Scott Wright 05-01-2012 06:09 PM

I will be releasing my annual early look ahead with my Top 15 seniors on Wednesday!

Iamcanadian 05-02-2012 11:34 AM

Looks like a far stronger draft class than this years.

Dangermouse 05-02-2012 11:40 AM

I am not high on Landry Jones, and I don't understand what these guys see in EJ Manuel.

Shane P. Hallam 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangermouse (Post 2982554)
I am not high on Landry Jones, and I don't understand what these guys see in EJ Manuel.

EJ Manuel will be one of my starting points this year. I never got this thrilling NFL prospect feel from him, but I def. may have missed it.

Iamcanadian 05-02-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangermouse (Post 2982554)

That's why they will be playing 1 more season. They both have pro arms and we'll just have to see if they can move closer to their potential in their final season.

BamaFalcon59 05-02-2012 11:58 AM

Any list without Logan Thomas is incorrect.

Black Bolt 05-02-2012 12:41 PM

Jason Campbell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2982556)
EJ Manuel will be one of my starting points this year. I never got this thrilling NFL prospect feel from him, but I def. may have missed it.

Decent, but looks brittle when he takes hits. Doesn't know how to protect himself and a little erratic overall (moreso than Campbell.)

SloppyJoe 05-02-2012 01:39 PM

BJÍRN WERNER !!!! From my hometown BERLIN, GERMANY :),

i coached against him back in 2007-2008, dude was a ******* beast...easily the best player in german youth football back in the days !!!

Iamcanadian 05-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloppyJoe (Post 2982729)
BJÍRN WERNER !!!! From my hometown BERLIN, GERMANY :),

i coached against him back in 2007-2008, dude was a ******* beast...easily the best player in german youth football back in the days !!!

Has a real shot to be special. I liked what I have seen of him.

SloppyJoe 05-02-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2982734)
Has a real shot to be special. I liked what I have seen of him.

love to hear that....

RCAChainGang 05-02-2012 01:45 PM

What do you guys think of Tyrann Mathieu? I'm a Tigers fan and I love to watch him play, but I have heard from several people on this forum that he won't make a good pro. Just curious what you guys think.

ChiFan24 05-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 2982742)
What do you guys think of Tyrann Mathieu? I'm a Tigers fan and I love to watch him play, but I have heard from several people on this forum that he won't make a good pro. Just curious what you guys think.

I think he might get over drafted for the same reason I think Melvin Ingram was over drafted. He makes plays, but they're not really in the context of what you can expect from him in the NFL. I don't know how he can be any more than an undersized slot corner.

essential 05-02-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 2982567)
Any list without Logan Thomas is incorrect.

Thomas is my fav prospect going into 2012 even though he's only a junior. It just sucks that the Bills have made enough improvements under Nix to more than likely not be in position to draft him, he'll be a high first if he has a good season.

Dangermouse 05-02-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essential (Post 2982873)
Thomas is my fav prospect going into 2012 even though he's only a junior. It just sucks that the Bills have made enough improvements under Nix to more than likely not be in position to draft him, he'll be a high first if he has a good season.

He reminds me a lot of Cam Newton as a passer, more of a pocket player obviously but passing style and bulk similar to Newton. I think he could be a top 5 overall pick.

D-Unit 05-02-2012 03:58 PM

Next year's draft is so loaded, I'm already psyched up! Gonna be TONS of fun!

Ghost of Juice 05-02-2012 04:16 PM

Yeah EJ Manuel has never really impressed me either. I was also questioning Kenjon Barner as the second best back. I don't think he is in anyway better than LaMichael James, is it just a bad RB class after Lattimore?

BamaFalcon59 05-02-2012 05:15 PM

Logan could be a major, major prospect if he stays his final two seasons.

He was extremely raw coming out of high school, having played QB only beginning his junior year. Projected as a tight end or jumbo wide receiver.

Iamcanadian 05-02-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice (Post 2982912)
Yeah EJ Manuel has never really impressed me either. I was also questioning Kenjon Barner as the second best back. I don't think he is in anyway better than LaMichael James, is it just a bad RB class after Lattimore?

I agree, RB is one area where next year's draft looks weak outside of the #1 guy.

keylime_5 05-02-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2982551)
Looks like a far stronger draft class than this years.

yeah, except for the Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III part. Great year for pass rushers.

keylime_5 05-02-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

he made a bunch of big plays last year at LSU. He has incredible instincts and so far has proven to be a football player. That said he isn't good in coverage at all and he is very small. Might be a dramatically undersized safety in the NFL, because it doesn't sound like he can cut it in man coverage at the next level as a corner.

TuckNole 05-03-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2983294)
he made a bunch of big plays last year at LSU. He has incredible instincts and so far has proven to be a football player. That said he isn't good in coverage at all and he is very small. Might be a dramatically undersized safety in the NFL, because it doesn't sound like he can cut it in man coverage at the next level as a corner.

I agree. Small. Not great in coverage. And a lot of the plays he made last year were fumble recoveries and other items that tend to be more random and aren't particularly predictive for the future.

But I think he will be over-drafted because of the hype and fan appeal. I think the best play if you actually like what he brings to the team, is to wait a few rounds and target Greg Reid, which I consider a poor man's Honey Badger (they both bring similar things to the table).

iowatreat54 05-03-2012 03:52 PM

I'm kind of surprised to see Keenan Davis on lists like this. He has the measurables and potential, but hasn't really done a lot so far (been buried on the depth chart until last year, then had a decent junior year). I could see him having a big year, especially with the new OC and Vandenberg being a senior, but pretty surprising to see him get some preseason hype.

Has anyone here even looked at/noticed Davis? Any thoughts?

P-L 05-03-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 2984532)
I'm kind of surprised to see Keenan Davis on lists like this. He has the measurables and potential, but hasn't really done a lot so far (been buried on the depth chart until last year, then had a decent junior year). I could see him having a big year, especially with the new OC and Vandenberg being a senior, but pretty surprising to see him get some preseason hype.

Has anyone here even looked at/noticed Davis? Any thoughts?

I noticed Davis too, and was a bit surprised. I like him a lot, but don't buy him as the 5th best wide receiver in this class.

It also surprised me to see Taylor Lewan as Chad's top offensive tackle. Taylor is one of my favorite players, but he definitely has some developing to do before I label him as a "franchise left tackle."

thebow305 05-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Definitely a playmaker, but also benefitted big time from playing with guys like Claiborne and Ron Brooks. Now that he's THE GUY, we'll see. I think his production goes down big time this year and he will be exposed a little. Still, wouldn't shock me to see him go at the end of the 1st. But definitely not the top prospect some are/were making him out to be. Right now, he's only the third best corner in that conference IMO, behind Johnathan Banks and Dee Milliner. JMO.

Honestly, I've never gotten the E.J. hype either. He's got a lot to prove this season.