Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tennessee Vols - 2013 Prospects Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52786)

CashmoneyDrew 05-02-2012 11:14 PM

Tennessee Vols - 2013 Prospects Thread

Tyler Bray, QB, Jr. (6'6" 215 lbs.)

STATS
2010 - 125 cmp 224 att 1849 yds 55.8 cmp% 8.25 ypa 18 TD 10 INT
2011 - 147 cmp 247 att 1983 yds 59.5 cmp% 8.03 ypa 17 TD 6 INT

Justin Hunter, WR, Jr. (6'4" 190 lbs.)

Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Jr. (6'3" 210 lbs.)

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Jr. (6'4" 210 lbs.)

Mychal Rivera, TE, Sr. (6'3" 250 lbs.)

Ja'wuan James, OT, Jr. (6'6" 320 lbs.)

Dallas Thomas, OG, Sr. (6'5" 300 lbs.)

Complex 05-02-2012 11:24 PM

I wanted Da'rick Rogers to be a titan :(. Won't happen unless we get rid of Nate Washington or Da'rick does something stupid(which could happen) which makes him drop enough for the titans to take him in like 3rd,4th or 5th round.

vidae 05-02-2012 11:30 PM

My god this Vol class is going to be sexy. I have the biggest mancrush on Tyler Bray.

If it's ok with you and TH I think I might be a Vol fan this year. What say you CMD?!

CashmoneyDrew 05-02-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2983701)
If it's ok with you and TH I think I might be a Vol fan this year. What say you CMD?!

You and ElectricEye can hop on the bandwagon, yes.

vidae 05-02-2012 11:36 PM

VOL NATION!

And because there can't be a Vol thread without this sexy ************ in it:

Wootylicous 05-02-2012 11:56 PM

Waitttttt Bray is also my mancrush can I join too ?!

CashmoneyDrew 05-03-2012 12:04 AM

Yes wootster!

And I'll update the first post with stats, mini-scouting reports, and probably a few more players in the next couple of days.

Complex 05-03-2012 12:04 AM

Has Tyler gained any weight?

jrdrylie 05-03-2012 08:32 AM

Somebody needs to give some of these guys some food. Bray and Hunter look like stick figures.

cmarq83 05-03-2012 08:52 AM

I'm 100% on board the Justin Hunter bandwagon.

Razor 05-03-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 2983816)
I'm 100% on board the Justin Hunter bandwagon.

Count me in on that one. I hope he stays healthy next year so he can be a top 15 pick.

CashmoneyDrew 05-03-2012 11:07 AM

Tyler Bray has put on about 12-15 pounds since last season. You can see the difference in pictures from spring ball.

Saints-Tigers 05-03-2012 11:40 AM

Bray is 6'6 at 215

Hunter is 6'4 190

Hunter looks substantially thicker. BRay actually looks ill in that picture, is he actually 215 there? hunter looks bigger than 190 too.

ATLDirtyBirds 05-03-2012 11:41 AM

Woah, woah, woah. I'm the leader of the Bray fan club.

Iamcanadian 05-03-2012 12:16 PM

Let's see how their season plays out before we get too carried away. They have talent but I want to see production before I get on board, that why they play the season.

prock 05-03-2012 12:17 PM

Put me on the Vol bandwagon this year too. Hunterhunterhunter

CashmoneyDrew 05-03-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers (Post 2984000)
Bray is 6'6 at 215

Hunter is 6'4 190

Hunter looks substantially thicker. BRay actually looks ill in that picture, is he actually 215 there? hunter looks bigger than 190 too.

He's not 215 in that picture. He's put on the weight this spring, you can tell from the interviews he's done. And Hunter is listed at 200, but he's said this spring that he's lost a little weight due to his injury.

marshallb 05-03-2012 12:46 PM

Can I also join Vol nation, at least just for this year? The Gophers won't be good for awhile, so I have to have someone I can root for that is actually better than terrible. Bray, Hunter, and Rogers are beastly.

D-Unit 05-03-2012 12:50 PM

The real question is who's better. Tyler Bray or Peyton Manning???

DoughBoy 05-03-2012 01:57 PM

Brayton Manning

DoughBoy 05-03-2012 02:03 PM

If only we had some semblance of a defense, or a running game, or a head coach, or a kicking game,then we might be able to win in all this year.

CashmoneyDrew 05-03-2012 02:50 PM

I actually think our starting defense is fairly talented. We just need to stay relatively healthy since we have little depth there.

Palardy and Darr scare me, though. Wish they'd perform like their recruiting rankings.

Matthew Jones 05-03-2012 02:55 PM

Here are some notes I took on Bray last season. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Bray in 2012.

Tyler Bray, Tennessee* (6’5”, 210, 5.15)

Positives:

• Excellent height and will be one of the tallest NFL quarterbacks
• Throwing motion will not require many adjustments in the NFL
• Does a nice job of stepping into his throws when given time
• Gets great zip on the ball to all areas of the field
• Can fit throws into tight windows if necessary
• Shows the ability to anticipate wide receivers getting open
• Already has lots of experience against SEC defenses
• Has already taken some snaps from under center in college
• Has some escapability in the pocket (especially against outside rush)
• Highly competitive on-field demeanor who plays with confidence

Negatives:

• Needs to add a significant amount of bulk in order to withstand hits
• Many of his throws are based off of predetermined reads (must check down more)
• Can get too aggressive with the ball and needs to throw it away more often
• Inconsistent footwork and looks clumsy or uncoordinated at times
• Could put more touch on the ball while throwing intermediate routes
• Must improve ball security while scrambling (holds the ball away from his body)

Flags:

• Underclassman
• Durability (missed five games with a broken thumb in 2011)
• Admitted to being “lazy” in 2011

ElectricEye 05-03-2012 02:57 PM

Haha. Drew already gave me a shout out for being a big fan of Bray. Let the record show I was on the bandwagon VERY early.

But yeah, there's quite a few interesting prospects on the Vols all of a sudden. Bray obviously highlights them. He really looked like he was ready to take a major step forward last season before the injuries. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of him than we did last year, as it did hurt his value going into this season a tiny bit. He'll have a bit more to prove. I think he's got more than enough talent to do just that. I really like how much of a natural feel he has for timing and ball placement to compliment his arm strength. That's the sort of thing that takes you from being a first round pick to being a top of the draft guy.

He's still got some things to work on though. The biggest criticism I can give him straight away is his footwork. Going back and watching him a little bit, he's really inconsistent as far as stepping into his throws. He's obviously very confident in his arm strength(he should be) but he gets lazy with his feet sometimes, causing the ball to die on him and end up in places he doesn't want it to be. That's a bit of a dangerous trait at the next level. He'll benefit a ton from stepping up more often and just using his legs to get on the ball more in general. I've heard that the Tennessee coaches have been working with him on that, so that will be one of the key things I'm looking to see improvement with this year.

The number one thing for him will just be playing a whole season though. A lot of his issues will just get better with experience. I've heard that he's gotten up to 220 pounds so far, so hopefully he'll be able to add another five by the time the season rolls around. That won't help him with the thumb(you can't really help that anyway), but it should help him stay on the field longer in general and boost his draft stock up a bit right from the get go.

I'm with the rest of you on Justin Hunter too. He's another guy with a really small sample size, but what we have seen so far has been REALLY good. If he can come back healthy, I think he'll be able to assert himself as one of the top draft eligible receivers. It may take some time for him to get his speed and explosiveness back. Those are the two things that may him special to go along with his height, but he's also absolutely phenomenal at tracking the ball when it's in the air. His hands seem pretty good too. So he should be able to produce even if he doesn't have his fastball back yet.

Da'Rick Rogers befitted immensely from Hunter being gone. I saw him as more of a raw run after the catch type guy going into last year, but he made massive strides as an overall receiver with a bigger role. It'll be interesting to see how far he can go this year. He's had an NFL ready body since his freshmen year. I worry about some of the off the field stuff though. Seems to have some maturity issues.

TACKLE 05-03-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2984003)
Woah, woah, woah. I'm the leader of the Bray fan club.

Does Urric know you're telling people this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughBoy (Post 2984313)
Brayton Manning

More like Tom BrayD.