Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Lamar Miller in the 4th Round! WOW! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52886)

shylo3716 05-08-2012 09:43 AM

Lamar Miller in the 4th Round! WOW!

Can anyone please tell me why he landed in the 4th? I have been away from the draft seen for quite some time now, and do not know why is it he slid so far.

Dangermouse 05-08-2012 09:48 AM

Injury concerns.

Shane P. Hallam 05-08-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2990325)
Can anyone please tell me why he landed in the 4th? I have been away from the draft seen for quite some time now, and do not know why is it he slid so far.

Weren't you sure he'd be a 1st rounder? Haha

But yes, apparently his shoulder is worse than thought. Even so, doesn't sound like the Dolphins think he is ready Day 1 as it is and may use him more as a return man, occasional WR, and developmental back.

tjsunstein 05-08-2012 09:58 AM

scene*

Wasn't it you that said that Miller would challenge Richardson for that top RB spot?

Regardless, hecwas taken off of boards because of concerns with his injuries.

BamaFalcon59 05-08-2012 10:23 AM

He's soft as well. Doesn't mesh well with injury concerns.

JRTPlaya21 05-08-2012 11:33 AM

I don't see what all the hype about him is tbh.

cajuncorey 05-08-2012 11:56 AM

Incredibly soft, plays a position of no value in todays premier league. last years list didnt even include him in the top 100

Shane P. Hallam 05-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2990529)
I don't see what all the hype about him is tbh.

With his size and speed, he can dominate and has dominated in specific games. Despite limited opportunities, his pass catching skills are off the chart to me. It seems the Dolphins agree and that is going to be their focus with him early on due to the lack of WR depth. Arguably the fastest RB in this class at 212 pounds, that is pretty darn good.

As for being "soft," it is a very fair argument and he does shy away from contact often or doesn't always seem to go for the big killing blow one on one against CBs or safeties. The opposite side of that argument is that he didn't play that way as a freshman and played through injury the whole season. If he continues being soft, it will likely mean a less than stellar career IMO.

Big Bird 05-08-2012 01:39 PM

Everybody calling him 'soft' does realize he was playing through an injury that would've kept most people out last season, correct? Sometimes he shied away from being hit on that shoulder, yes. But the kid gutted it out because he was far and away the best on their offense and he knew they needed him.

Lamar Miller will be a steal someday, just like DeMarco Murray was last year in a similar slot.

shylo3716 05-08-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2990593)
With his size and speed, he can dominate and has dominated in specific games. Despite limited opportunities, his pass catching skills are off the chart to me. It seems the Dolphins agree and that is going to be their focus with him early on due to the lack of WR depth. Arguably the fastest RB in this class at 212 pounds, that is pretty darn good.

As for being "soft," it is a very fair argument and he does shy away from contact often or doesn't always seem to go for the big killing blow one on one against CBs or safeties. The opposite side of that argument is that he didn't play that way as a freshman and played through injury the whole season. If he continues being soft, it will likely mean a less than stellar career IMO.

Will he be converted to WR or be used for 3rd down purposes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bird (Post 2990795)
Everybody calling him 'soft' does realize he was playing through an injury that would've kept most people out last season, correct? Sometimes he shied away from being hit on that shoulder, yes. But the kid gutted it out because he was far and away the best on their offense and he knew they needed him.

Lamar Miller will be a steal someday, just like DeMarco Murray was last year in a similar slot.

I say the same exact thing.

JoeJoeBrown 05-08-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2990912)
Will he be converted to WR or be used for 3rd down purposes?

I say the same exact thing.

This message:
Quote:

#21 Overall selection Cincinnati Bengals Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)

BOOK IT!
Combined with your follow up to Pat Sims:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90
Won't happen if they sign Green-Ellis or Bush in FA.
:waiting: :facepalm:
is the definition of a massive fail. Not only did Miller go in the 4th, the Bengals didn't take him, AND they signed Green-Ellis one week after you mocked Pat Sims 90.

This is funny ****.

TheSlinger 05-08-2012 05:17 PM

There were also rumours that he failed the chalkboard stuff.

RaiderNation 05-08-2012 05:57 PM

If Miller stays healthy, I see him being one of the mid round steals from this draft. He probably won't ever be a every down RB, but get the right combination with Miller and your running attack could be deadly.

norcalgsr 05-08-2012 11:27 PM

Should be a great replacement for Reggie Bush when his contract is over. Dolphins running outside zone is perfect for Miller.

tjsunstein 05-09-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2990936)
This message:

Combined with your follow up to Pat Sims:

is the definition of a massive fail. Not only did Miller go in the 4th, the Bengals didn't take him, AND they signed Green-Ellis one week after you mocked Pat Sims 90.

This is funny ****.

I like this whole being held accountable thing. There isnt enough of it.

bigbluedefense 05-09-2012 08:21 AM

1. Injury concerns
2. Can't run in btw tackles
3. Can't pass protect and was taken out on 3rd down
4. Not an every down back and still had injury concerns

I really never understood the Lamar Miller hype. He's good, but he wasn't anything more than a 3rd rounder at earliest.

Brent 05-09-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2991915)
I really never understood the Lamar Miller hype.

People on the internet saw that he could run fast & he went to Miami.

That's what I gather.

bonebreak2000 05-09-2012 12:07 PM

I was pretty happy with the pick as a Miami fan. I think having bush gives them plenty of time to bring him along. Glad he came out as a Jr and fell.

Hurricanes25 05-09-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2991915)
1. Injury concerns
2. Can't run in btw tackles
3. Can't pass protect and was taken out on 3rd down
4. Not an every down back and still had injury concerns

I agree with everything except for #2. He had absolutely no problems running in between the tackles in college. He fell because of injury concerns and he's only a 2 down back.