Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Favorite and least favorite fast food places? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53029)

49ersfan_87 05-22-2012 11:23 AM

Favorite and least favorite fast food places?

Favorite- Burger King burgers (love that they're flame broiled, they taste like they're grilled and actual burgers), McDonald's fries (only burger i like is Angus third pounder)

Least favorite- Subway (basically bread and vegetables, barely any meat), Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Pizza (Canadian Pizza Chain)

Fast food i really want to try that i haven't yet- In and Out, Five Guys

vidae 05-22-2012 11:26 AM

Oh boy njx is going to love this thread!

I don't eat fast food a lot but I guess this would be my list:

Favorite: In & Out, Five Guys, Jack in the Box

Least Favorite: Pretty much anywhere else

tjsunstein 05-22-2012 11:27 AM

Chik fil A deserves a mention.

jrdrylie 05-22-2012 11:43 AM

Five Guys, Chick-fil-A, Shaggy's Burgers and Tacos (local place), and Jersey Mike's are my favorites.

Hate Wendy's and Subway.

Brothgar 05-22-2012 11:54 AM

Favorites: 5 Guys (burgers) McDonalds (fries) Long John Silvers (Chicken oddly enough and hush puppies) Subway (come at me bro!) Dominos Pizza (they use to suck something awful but they have really turned it around)

Teh suxors - KFC, White Castle,

ElectricEye 05-22-2012 11:56 AM

I pretty much stick to Five Guys and McDonald's.

When I eat fast food, generally something has gone very wrong with my day/schedule, so I'm basically just looking to inflict as much damage as I can on myself. The dollar menu at McDonald's allows me to do that at a bargain price. I can scarf down McDoubles like no ones business when the mood strikes me.
Occasionally, I'll do the same with cheap Taco Bell burritos. There's usually some kind of social situation at play there though, I don't really end up there independently.

I do not enjoy Wendy's or Subway. I'm privileged to live in an area with many an independent sub shop, so what I get there is superior(and cheaper) to the microwaved stuff Subway tries to pass off.

Giantsfan1080 05-22-2012 11:58 AM

Wendy's has good Spicy Chicken and Grilled Chicken sandwiches but that's really it.

thefalconer 05-22-2012 12:00 PM

i eat fast food way too much.

Jvig43 05-22-2012 12:02 PM

Recently Ive been on a purge from fast food, but since I used to eat alot of it due to it being cheap, easy and quick I'll rank mine.

Wendys is up there solely for their chicken nuggs, not a big fan of the new fries tho. Burger king for me is is the most all around solid choice. Five guys is overrated but they give you a ton of fries and is great hangover food. IN and out I only had once, and it was amazing. I have started to eat at subway when I break from my fast food purge due to it being heathier and you can't beat the 5 dollar foot long deal.

Vikings4ever 05-22-2012 12:03 PM

Favorite: Hardees (Monster Thickburger, Crispy Curl Fries), Dairy Queen (Flamethrower Burger & Chicken Sandwich), and McDonalds (good dollar menu).

Last favorite: White Castle. Last time I ate there, I was on the can for 2 weeks.

ncst8fan83 05-22-2012 12:03 PM

I'll go with Cook Out, Five Guys, Bojangles, and Quiznos. Locally, Randy's Pizza is effing amazing. Can't stand McDonalds or Burger King.

ElectricEye 05-22-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3009394)
Wendy's has good Spicy Chicken and Grilled Chicken sandwiches but that's really it.

Yeah, the chicken from Wendy's isn't that bad. The burgers on the other hand...ew. Especially the bigger ones.

Jvig43 05-22-2012 12:08 PM

I also want to add in, most any fast food places not where I live are ******* awesome and ten times better than around NE. Jack in the box, In and out burger, Chik a filet etc... Way better than just your typical BK or Mcdonalds.

jrdrylie 05-22-2012 12:14 PM

McDonald's Fries are vastly overrated. They used to be awesome but not pretty much every fry surpasses them except for Wendy's and Steak & Shake.

I'll also add Whataburger. When I used to leave my lady's house around 1:30 in the morning, I'd always swing in on my way home. I was there so often that the workers recognized my car and knew my order so I could just drive right up to the window.

Hawk 05-22-2012 12:19 PM

Favorite: Cook Out, Whataburger, Chick Fil A, Moe's

Poop: Krystals, White Castle, Quiznos, KFC

I"m indifferent about McD's, BK, and Wendy's. They're alright every now and then.

ImBrotherCain 05-22-2012 12:21 PM

I hardly eat fast food anymore... If I have to rank I will say Arby's Fries and Mozzarella Sticks are the best. Burger King's burgers. Chic Fil A chicken and they do have some great fries. Wendy's has good nuggets as others have stated.

I will say I hate everything about McDonalds. Their food makes me feel like **** so I eat it the least of all.

TitanHope 05-22-2012 12:28 PM

Brb. Chicken tenders.

Giantsfan1080 05-22-2012 12:35 PM

Chic-Fil-A is the best overall for me. I love waffle fries and their chicken blows everything else out of the water. Five Guys is solid and their fries are much better than their burgers. The best actual burger at a chain is Shake Shack which started in NYC but is slowly moving around the East Coast. Fresh McDonalds fries are delicious.

CJSchneider 05-22-2012 12:57 PM

I'm not sure I have a favorite. That's like asking which one of my kids I love the most.

As for least favorite, I'd have to say Chic-fil-a

Matthew Jones 05-22-2012 12:58 PM

I'm a vegetarian so I love Chipotle. Least favorite...maybe Arby's?

jrdrylie 05-22-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3009437)
I'm not sure I have a favorite. That's like asking which one of my kids I love the most.

As for least favorite, I'd have to say Chic-fil-a

DiG 05-22-2012 01:04 PM

Bojangles for fav in the south, In & out for fav on the west coast, probably chipotle for favorite otherwise.

tjsunstein 05-22-2012 01:04 PM

**** steak and shake.

RufusMcDaniel 05-22-2012 01:08 PM

Harveys makes me weak at the knees, love the burgers they have. Don't really eat mcdonalds, wendy's is alright, and I only go to burger king for chicken sandwiches.

So I guess I like most of them that we have up here.

CJSchneider 05-22-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3009442)