Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Game of Thrones (TV Only) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53074)

Giantsfan1080 05-28-2012 11:11 PM

Game of Thrones (TV Only)
 
A thread for discussion of Game of Thrones on television and nothing else. The book people who watch can comment in the other thread.

On Edit: Please do not bring up anything in preview of new episodes. The only discussion here should be of what has ran in a full TV episode.

Finale shall be amazing.

Vikes99ej 05-28-2012 11:26 PM

I like your style. The only reason I don't watch the show is all the bookfags whining and spoiling stuff (no one on this site, other places)

Giantsfan1080 05-28-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 3015628)
I like your style. The only reason I don't watch the show is all the bookfags whining and spoiling stuff (no one on this site, other places)

I refused to read threads on other sites and never even checked out the thread on NFLDC until half way through this year. I was assured nothing would be spoiled in there but the book people like to hint at things all the time without explicitly saying what will actually happen. I think this is probably the best idea going forward.

comahan 05-28-2012 11:48 PM

Anyone who even implies book-related things, I will strangle you with your own guts.

Also, please dont bring up the episode preview things. I do my best to avoid those every week.

Giantsfan1080 05-28-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comahan (Post 3015640)
Anyone who even implies book-related things, I will strangle you with your own guts.

Also, please dont bring up the episode preview things. I do my best to avoid those every week.

Edited original to reflect that as well.

Caddy 05-28-2012 11:56 PM

Episode previews are the worst. The 60 second ones at the end of each episode of Homeland make watching the episodes redundant.

XxXdragonXxX 05-29-2012 12:11 AM

Wow that episode was amazing. Just got to watch it cause I was out of town for the weekend, it was definitely worth the wait. It was odd having a whole episode that focused on 1 battle, without so much as a scene that took place elsewhere, and that battle was so amazing. Tyrion is so awesome, but I wanted the Joffrey and Cersei to die so badly that I found myself hating him somewhat this episode because his plans were so good.

Brent 05-29-2012 12:12 AM

70 minutes means IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOMESAUCE

XxXdragonXxX 05-29-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3015655)
70 minutes means IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOMESAUCE

2 hours would be awesomersauce. I'd still probably be mad that it was over though...This show should be 2 hours and go year round.

Bulldogs 05-29-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX (Post 3015660)
2 hours would be awesomersauce. I'd still probably be mad that it was over though...This show should be 2 hours and go year round.

2 hours would be sooooo good, 70 minutes will do though I suppose. I still can't believe how good the last episode was.

SuperMcGee 05-29-2012 12:50 AM

I've been late on getting on the series. But damn, that episode was awesome.

fenikz 05-29-2012 12:54 AM

I don't even know what I'm gonna do TV wise after Thrones and Mad Men are done, I guess Breaking Bad starts soon but I generally replay both those shows a few times a week

I may very well rewatch the whole season before the finale if I'm bored

wogitalia 05-29-2012 03:01 AM

Such an awesome episode, I must say, the whole boat plan was awesome and looked so pretty!

So sad that there is only one more episode! Really wish they did much longer seasons, then we could get so much more detail!

Nalej 05-29-2012 08:23 AM

I was really wishing Cersei killed her son before they were saved.
That would of been amazing... I hate her so much! Such a *****!

scottyboy 05-29-2012 08:25 AM

i'm so pumped for the finale i can't even contain it

Brent 05-29-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3015740)
i'm so pumped for the finale i can't even contain it

Would you say that you are so excited and you just can't hide it?

scottyboy 05-29-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3015741)
Would you say that you are so excited and you just can't hide it?

yes, so much so that I'm about to lose control...and I think I like it

Razor 05-29-2012 08:30 AM

Last episode was great. I'm reading the second book but I'm not very far with that so the new episodes only has new content for me. I'm glad there'll be no spoilers in here. Bronn is such a badass, I hope he lives to fight for the Starks. I'd love to see him cut open Joffrey.

nepg 05-29-2012 08:55 AM

Bronn has become probably my 2nd-favorite character. The interaction between he and my favorite character before the battle was fantastic.

Grizzlegom 05-29-2012 09:08 AM

Epic episode as usual. Can't wait for the finale and super excited that its 70 minutes.

XxXdragonXxX 05-29-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalej (Post 3015738)
I was really wishing Cersei killed her son before they were saved.
That would of been amazing... I hate her so much! Such a *****!

Oh yeah I was thinking the same thing. That would have been perfect.

Gay Ork Wang 05-29-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalej (Post 3015738)
I was really wishing Cersei killed her son before they were saved.
That would of been amazing... I hate her so much! Such a *****!

I feel like Cersei is really misunderstood. Kinda

TimD 05-29-2012 11:33 AM

I plan to start the books after the finale just because I can't possibly wait until next season

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 3015802)
I feel like Cersei is really misunderstood. Kinda

I agree. but then again her looks may have swayed my opinion of her..

comahan 05-29-2012 04:29 PM

So, Stannis wasnt killed or captured as far as I know. His men began to retreat, and he screamed at them to stand and fight, and had to be pulled back from the battle by his own guys.

Think he might give it another go, this time with Melisandre at his side? Davos is presumably dead, and wont be there to talk Stannis out of it this time. That is, if Stannis gets away unscathed.

PS, Rambo Stannis was awesome. Leading the charge, first up the ladder, SLICING TOPS OF HEADS OFF, etc. Love Stannis.

iowatreat54 05-29-2012 05:32 PM

Just started the show last weekend and caught up Sunday at like 7 pm. Tyrion is awesome not only because he is great at playing the game and masterminding schemes, but also because of the contempt he has for basically his entire family. I don't even know what to expect from the finale, but hopefully it involves a ridiculous death to Theon.

Also, not to involve the books side of it too much, but does anyone know if the first two seasons cover the first book, or first + second book, or what? I was thinking about reading them in the "offseason" but haven't decided if I want to read past the end of season 2 or not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.