Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Second year player? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53317)

Splat 06-27-2012 02:57 PM

Second year player?

What second year player on you're favorite team are you most excited about?

I'm pretty curious to see what Jonathan Baldwin and Rodney Hudson bring to the table, but both guys are still questionmarks.

The second year guy I'm most excited about is easily Justin Houston, with his strong showing to end the season.

OSUGiants17 06-27-2012 03:02 PM

Prince Amukamara and Marvin Austin. Both missed last year so this is basically their rookie season. Prince gives us a play making CB who can be our nickle guy and Marvin could be an interior pass rusher for us if all goes well.

EDIT: O and Tyler Sash who will most likely be taking over for Deon Grant

jrdrylie 06-27-2012 03:03 PM

The only player 2nd year player on the Bears I'm really excited about is Gabe Carimi. He was injured most of the year which forced me to watch Frank Omiyale try to protect Jay Cutler.

San Diego Chicken 06-27-2012 03:09 PM

Vincent Brown. I just hope he has the opportunities, but he's so naturally good I don't see how they can keep him off the field.

phlysac 06-27-2012 03:17 PM

Perrish Cox

If he counts. Didn't play in 2011.

ChiFan24 06-27-2012 03:20 PM

I was a big Stephen Paea fan coming out. I want to see him show something.

vikes_28 06-27-2012 03:21 PM

Christian Ponder, obviously.

fear the elf 06-27-2012 03:28 PM

Am I allowed to say all of them??? They all could see very significant playing time this year, which is both good and bad depending on your perspective...

If I had to narrow it down a bit, I'd say Jabaal Sheard, Greg Little, and Eric Hagg are the ones I'm most excited about, followed by Jordan Cameron, Buster Skrine, and Jason Pinkston.

It's kind of nice because I'm interested in each for slightly different reasons:

Group 1

Sheard - he straight beasted as a rookie and I want to see if he can keep getting better
Little - showed flashes last year, dedicated himself and came to camp in great shape, and his progression is the only hope for a weak receiver group
Hagg - has impressed coaches enough to be the early leader for the starting FS spot as a 7th rounder

Group 2

Cameron - his incredible athletic ability is intriguing and coaches say he's one of the most improved guys out there so far
Skrine - depth at corner is a big question mark for me and he played pretty well for a 5th round rookie last year
Pinkston - held down the LG spot all year as a 5th rounder. if he can develop and do more than just hold down that spot, the left side could be devastating with a trio of Thomas/Pinkston/Mack.

tl;dr - Jabaal Sheard, Greg Little, and Eric Hagg

vidae 06-27-2012 03:36 PM

You stole mine Splat. I was going to say Justin Houston. Jerk!

SuperPacker 06-27-2012 03:36 PM

Randall Cobb is gonna beast it as our #3 receiver next season.

Pat Sims 90 06-27-2012 03:48 PM

A Perfect Score 06-27-2012 03:58 PM

I'm expecting a big year from Torrey Smith.

tjsunstein 06-27-2012 04:01 PM

Randall Cobb, obviously.
Alex Green, we need something out of the backfield.

WCH 06-27-2012 04:08 PM

It's hard not to be excited about Randall Cobb.

I also expect Ryan Taylor to be the #2 TE and get some snaps at H-Back.

FUNBUNCHER 06-27-2012 04:40 PM

WR Leonard Hankerson and DT Jarvis Jenkins.
If the Skins have any hope of approaching 8+ wins, these guys need to have monster sophomore seasons.

K Train 06-27-2012 04:58 PM

cam heyward was a ******* beast at the point of attack last season, i cant wait for him to get more reps, hes going to be SO much better than hood.

marcus gilbert is gonna have to hold down the left or right side next year, depending on mike adams.

curtis brown is gonna replace william ***, its gonna be magical

Splat 06-27-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3043166)
You stole mine Splat. I was going to say Justin Houston. Jerk!

vidae 06-27-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3043283)

princefielder28 06-27-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3043167)
Randall Cobb is gonna beast it as our #3 receiver next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3043179)
Randall Cobb, obviously.
Alex Green, we need something out of the backfield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3043182)
It's hard not to be excited about Randall Cobb.

I also expect Ryan Taylor to be the #2 TE and get some snaps at H-Back.

Cobb is the obvious (and well deserved) choice...Alex Green has a wonderful chance to make an impact for the team, especially as a 3rd down back...Ryan Taylor is solid on special teams and that's where I expect him to continue to make an impact; he wasn't an offensive threat at North Carolina and I don't think that'll change...I feel Davon House will be the one to breakthrough considering Woodson's age and Tramon's on-going shoulder issue

ArkyRamsFan 06-27-2012 06:26 PM

Had a hard time narrowing it down to just one guy so I'll give ya'll my thoughts on 4 of 'em.

1.) Robert Quinn...he's gotta bring the rush as our new RDE to keep Chris Long from being doubled all game.

2.) Lance Kendricks...Fish and Schotty love to throw to the Tight End so this guy has to step up and make some plays. Would be best if he would cut down on his drops...

3.) Greg Salas...here's hoping he can beat out Amendola (no, not Sandusky's greasy lawyer) and grab the slot WR position. Has great hands and good YAC and a lot more upside than little Danny....

4.) Austin Pettis...at 6'2 1/2" this guy should be able to do something in the red zone...something the Rams have not had in years.

VAfy-ya 06-27-2012 06:39 PM

Aldon Smith is probably the obvious pick among most Niner fans but Im going go with Chris Culliver. Cully got glowing reviews from the beat writers through all the OTAs and mini-camp and I think he could end up being one of the better CBs to come out of what is shaping up to be a stellar 2011 CB draft class.

Brodeur 06-27-2012 06:44 PM

I'm pretty sure our entire 2011 draft class is either suspended or on leave for punching out a teammate.

Caulibflower 06-27-2012 07:03 PM

These two.

Grizzlegom 06-27-2012 07:20 PM

For Miami, I'm going to have to go with Charles Clay. He's probably the best receiving threat we have from the TE position and he's going to be asked to play the Jermichael Finley position as the GB offense heads to South Beach. Pretty excited to see if he can meet the challenge.

Aside from him, Daniel Thomas staying healthy could be a great 1-2 punch if Bush can replicate last year's success and hopefully Mike Pouncey can make steady improvement. Jimmy Wilson is another wild card in the secondary that could surprise. I wish my answer was Clyde Gates but apparently he's been dreadful so far this offseason :-(

TitanHope 06-27-2012 08:08 PM

Jake Locker is a pretty cool guy. He sits the bench too long and doesn't afraid of anyone.