Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Free Agents Still Available (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53335)

stlouisfan37 06-30-2012 09:32 PM

Free Agents Still Available

I was wondering if anyone has a recent link for free agents that are still available, and if anyone has any comments/thoughts regarding who they would still like to see their team pick up before training camp. Any meaningful/talented players on your team that you can see being dumped, for whatever reason?

Personally, I think the Rams have done a lot of overhauling this offseason, so I am pretty darn happy with what we have compared to a year ago. That being said, I still question our depth in several areas, especially the offensive line, running backs, and linebackers. I would think that if a decent linebacker gets cut and fits our 4-3 mold we would likely be all over it.

phlysac 06-30-2012 10:08 PM

Includes signed and unsigned...

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...ion=All&y=2012

Caulibflower 07-01-2012 02:04 AM

Jackie Battle intrigues me a little.

That site has D'Brickashaw Ferguson listed as an unsigned UFA. Is that correct?

phlysac 07-01-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3045866)
Jackie Battle intrigues me a little.

That site has D'Brickashaw Ferguson listed as an unsigned UFA. Is that correct?

No. It's not a completely updated database. He would've neen an UFA but he signed a 6-year extension in 2010.

OSUGiants17 07-01-2012 11:44 AM

Only ones left worth a damn are Plax, Braylon, Deon Grant and Battle. Not much left, but there is a few veteran guys who are worth a signing. I'm sure once camps get serious and teams see what they got someone will offer these guys a deal. I can't see Plax not playing at all this year.

bigbluedefense 07-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3045996)
Only ones left worth a damn are Plax, Braylon, Deon Grant and Battle. Not much left, but there is a few veteran guys who are worth a signing. I'm sure once camps get serious and teams see what they got someone will offer these guys a deal. I can't see Plax not playing at all this year.

Plax is a moron. He would have a job this year if he faked his "i'm a changed man" routine like Vick did.

Instead Plax was the same Plax, acting like a total douche, and showing no remorse and everyone decided they didn't want a 37 year old cancer on their team.

I'm fairly confident that Plax has his legs back and would beast it this year for any team that would gamble on him. He had a good season last year even with half his athleticism gone and Mark Sanchez as his qb. Imagine this year what he can do.

But bc he's such a head case, he probably cost himself some money.

Matthew Jones 07-01-2012 02:05 PM

Andre Carter is still available but I consider it almost a lock that he returns to New England once he's healthy.

Matthew Jones 07-01-2012 02:10 PM

I'm pretty sure these guys are still available:

QB Dennis Dixon

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Cedric Benson

RB Ryan Grant

RB Clinton Portis

RB Cadillac Williams

WR Braylon Edwards

WR Terrell Owens

WR Roy Williams

TE Jeremy Shockey

OT Mark LeVoir

OT Kareem McKenzie

OT Max Starks

OG Vernon Carey

OG Andre Gurode

OG Eric Steinbach

C Jason Brown

DT Aubrayo Franklin

DT Kelly Gregg

DT Tommie Harris

DT Albert Haynesworth

DE Raheem Brock

DE Andre Carter

DE Matt Roth

LB Gary Brackett

FS Jim Leonhard

SS Melvin Bullitt

SS Bob Sanders

Ness 07-01-2012 02:43 PM

Marcus McNeil is still a free agent right?

Matthew Jones 07-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3046164)
Marcus McNeil is still a free agent right?

Yes, although I heard that he may not be able to play again, or at least this season.

stlouisfan37 07-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3045768)

Hey thanks a lot man!

stlouisfan37 07-01-2012 07:07 PM

Anthony Gonzales is kind of a headscratcher to me. I thought he had a whole lot of speed and athleticism coming out of college. I honestly thought he would do well in the NFL. He left Indy for New England last year and now is a Free Agent again. What's the deal with this guy? Can he just not stay healthy? Hands? Poor routes? Bad locker room guy?

Roy Williams is another wideout that I think still has something left in the tank. I think he was unfairly branded as a bust because he wasn't all-everything like a lot of people thought he would be. But he has had a productive career, and is a better player than he is given credit for. His problem may be with his attitude and desire. I think he could fit in really well in San Francisco, or maybe Denver.

Two Carolina linebackers I am curious about are Jon Beason and Omar Gaither. It looks like Beason had a serious injury to end his season last year...does anyone know what his status is? And what about Gaither? Is he worth signing? I don't know much about him.

prock 07-01-2012 07:50 PM

Ignore that.

WCH 07-01-2012 08:50 PM

Ryan Grant looked pretty solid towards the end of last season. In the last four games, he had 243 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry. Those numbers don't reflect his real value (it's much lower), but I would certainly give him a chance if I wanted a RB to add to the rotation for a season.

OSUGiants17 07-01-2012 09:07 PM

Forgot about Leonhard, when healthy he's a starting caliber S. I certainly wouldn't mind signing him to be the Giants 3rd safety instead of Sash

Ness 07-02-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3046356)
Roy Williams is another wideout that I think still has something left in the tank. I think he was unfairly branded as a bust because he wasn't all-everything like a lot of people thought he would be. But he has had a productive career, and is a better player than he is given credit for. His problem may be with his attitude and desire. I think he could fit in really well in San Francisco, or maybe Denver.

Roy Williams is just not very good. He's had multiple chances to prove his worth in the NFL. He'd be the 49ers 6th or 7th string receiver, so it would be pointless to entertain him.

Quote:

Two Carolina linebackers I am curious about are Jon Beason and Omar Gaither. It looks like Beason had a serious injury to end his season last year...does anyone know what his status is? And what about Gaither? Is he worth signing? I don't know much about him.

Beason is under contract with Carolina which he just signed a year ago. I think it makes him the highest paid middle linebacker in NFL history. Why would he be a free agent?

_YL_ 07-04-2012 10:15 AM

C.Benson will sign with Oakland once training camp gets closer.

K Train 07-05-2012 08:29 AM

starks is rehabbing at the steeler facility, hes on speed dial should mike adams struggle at first.

i wouldnt mind the steelers trying to bring in benson

killxswitch 07-05-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Anthony Gonzales is kind of a headscratcher to me. I thought he had a whole lot of speed and athleticism coming out of college. I honestly thought he would do well in the NFL. He left Indy for New England last year and now is a Free Agent again. What's the deal with this guy? Can he just not stay healthy? Hands? Poor routes? Bad locker room guy?

Gonzo played very well when he was on the field. But he is made of glass. He can't stay healthy at all, and he is a super slow healer. He is the Bob Sanders of WRs.

Also, how is Aubrayo Franklin still available? With so many 3-4 teams, nobody wants to give this guy a job?

stlouisfan37 07-05-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3046623)
Roy Williams is just not very good. He's had multiple chances to prove his worth in the NFL. He'd be the 49ers 6th or 7th string receiver, so it would be pointless to entertain him.

Beason is under contract with Carolina which he just signed a year ago. I think it makes him the highest paid middle linebacker in NFL history. Why would he be a free agent?

My bad...he was on the free agent list I saw. Must have been a typo