Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dogs vs. Babies (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53428)

diabsoule 07-21-2012 12:10 PM

Dogs vs. Babies
 
Had a discussion with my fiancee this morning about what's more awesome: dogs or babies. I voted for dogs and listed several reasons why they were more awesome. Puppies are cuter than babies, dogs don't disappoint you, dogs are always loyal, they don't talk back, they don't wake you up in the middle of the night to clean their poopy diaper, they don't throw up on you, they cuddle you, they're loyal.

So let's hear it, NFLDC, what's more awesome: dogs or babies?




Jvig43 07-21-2012 12:11 PM

Are we going with just babies or are we encompassing the childs entire life? Because if its just Dogs vs infancy than I vote dogs, but if it's dogs vs children in general, I'd go with babies.

vidae 07-21-2012 12:12 PM

My niece is ******* adorable and awesome so I went with babies because she is a baby and she is better than any dog ever.

diabsoule 07-21-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3064713)
Are we going with just babies or are we encompassing the childs entire life? Because if its just Dogs vs infancy than I vote dogs, but if it's dogs vs children in general, I'd go with babies.

Babies, not children. So, to answer your question, dogs vs. infancy.

vidae 07-21-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 3064719)
Babies, not children. So, to answer your question, dogs vs. infancy.

This is really kind of a ****** poll then. :P

Are you going to pick a dog or waking up all hours of the night and having baby poop on you?

HERP DERP! :P

Cigaro 07-21-2012 12:31 PM

I think babies are probably cool as long as they are someone elses. The actual taking care of it would quickly wear off any of the babies awesomeness. Dogs are dogs, their awesomeness is guaranteed.

Jvig43 07-21-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3064722)
This is really kind of a ****** poll then. :P

Are you going to pick a dog or waking up all hours of the night and having baby poop on you?

HERP DERP! :P

Pretty much exactly my thoughts haha. Infacy is the worst stage of having children.

Ngatachance92 07-21-2012 12:33 PM

Dogs can eat a baby, so I choose dogs.

jrdrylie 07-21-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3064726)
I think babies are probably cool as long as they are someone elses. The actual taking care of it would quickly wear off any of the babies awesomeness. Dogs are dogs, their awesomeness is guaranteed.

I think I disagree. I don't have any kids yet but I do have three nephews and a niece. I don't really care about them but I'm sure when I have my own kid I'll love it like crazy. But right now, I hate all babies and love all dogs, so obviously dogs win.

vidae 07-21-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3064732)
I think I disagree. I don't have any kids yet but I do have three nephews and a niece. I don't really care about them but I'm sure when I have my own kid I'll love it like crazy. But right now, I hate all babies and love all dogs, so obviously dogs win.

Jeez! I only have one niece but I love her to death. She is awesome.

Rosebud 07-21-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3064715)
My niece is ******* adorable and awesome so I went with babies because she is a baby and she is better than any dog ever.

I was coming here to post the exact same thing. My niece > any dog could possible be.

sbh15 07-21-2012 12:50 PM

as a 19 year old, babies do not excite me.

jrdrylie 07-21-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3064750)
as a 19 year old, babies do not excite me.

As a nearly 26-year old, babies do not excite me.

Rosebud 07-21-2012 01:22 PM

As a 23 year old, dogs don't excite me.

Rob S 07-21-2012 02:24 PM

I absolutely don't want kids right now. I absolutely would like to have a dog.

WCH 07-21-2012 02:42 PM

Humans > Dogs.

Job Reborn 07-21-2012 04:03 PM

Dog would definitely win that fight.

CJSchneider 07-21-2012 04:06 PM

I have had both. I will admit that over a short term, a dog may be a clear cut choice. I have never been so frustrated than I have been when trying to settle a fussy baby. However, they joys of being a father over a long-term have yielded the most rewarding experiences of my life.

EDIT: I didn't read all the posts first

Fatherhood > dogs > infancy

Rob S 07-21-2012 04:09 PM


yo123 07-21-2012 04:14 PM

Dogs. I love babies in small doses but I have no interest in having to take care of one constantly. Especially because after they turn 4 or so they are just the ******* worst.

Cigaro 07-21-2012 04:16 PM

The way I see this poll, since the infants would actually be your children, is which would you rather take care of for a month. And I don't want to deal with any baby's ****.

Brent 07-21-2012 04:34 PM

I love my dog

General Zod 07-21-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3064811)
I have had both. I will admit that over a short term, a dog may be a clear cut choice. I have never been so frustrated than I have been when trying to settle a fussy baby. However, they joys of being a father over a long-term have yielded the most rewarding experiences of my life.

EDIT: I didn't read all the posts first

Fatherhood > dogs > infancy

Yeah this poll is a little different for us dads. lol
I couldnt have put it any better CJ.

WMD 07-21-2012 05:45 PM

I choose dogs because they don't take as long to cook.

Brent 07-21-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMD (Post 3064878)
I choose dogs because they don't take as long to cook.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.