Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   13 unsigned rookies remain (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53456)

killxswitch 07-25-2012 02:16 PM

13 unsigned rookies remain

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...remain-undone-

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals (1): Third-round defensive tackle Brandon Thompson (No. 93 overall). Bengals rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Indianapolis Colts (2): Second-round tight end Coby Fleener (No. 34 overall) and third-round tight end Dwayne Allen (No. 64 overall). Colts rookies report Wednesday, veterans Saturday.
First-round signings
Is your team's first-round draft pick in the fold yet? Check out the signing status of all 32 first-round picks here. More...

Jacksonville Jaguars (1): First-round wide receiver Justin Blackmon (No. 5 overall). Jaguars rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Kansas City Chiefs (1): First-round defensive tackle Dontari Poe (No. 11 overall). Chiefs rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Miami Dolphins (3): First-round quarterback Ryan Tannehill (No. 8 overall), third-round defensive end Olivier Vernon (No. 72 overall) and tight end Michael Egnew (No. 73 overall). Dolphins rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Minnesota Vikings (2): First-round left tackle Matt Kalil (No. 4 overall) and third-round cornerback Josh Robinson (No. 66 overall). Vikings rookie and veterans report Thursday.

Oakland Raiders (2): Third-round offensive linemen Tony Bergstrom (No. 95 overall) and fifth-round wide receiver Juron Criner (No. 168 overall). Raiders rookies and veterans report Sunday.

Tennessee Titans (1): First-round wide receiver Kendall Wright (No. 20 overall). Titans rookies reported on Tuesday, veterans are due Friday.
I thought the wage scale was supposed to keep holdouts from happening. If rookies are supposed to report but the contract isn't done yet, wouldn't that technically be a holdout?

DoughBoy 07-25-2012 02:49 PM

Seems like all the small market teams move slow.

Splat 07-25-2012 03:08 PM

If the pick before and after you has signed (Like Poe) I don't see what else there is to talk about.

The 10th pick got 12 million the 12th pick got 10 million, so Poe should get 11 and call it a day.

K Train 07-25-2012 03:13 PM

poe was reportedly not close to a deal as of yesterday, i imagine its the last year and hed want it guaranteed. cant say i blame him.

i agree though thats how it should work. as soon as reiff signed, decastros pen was on the paper

Giantsfan1080 07-25-2012 03:24 PM

I think a lot of the hold ups are from the money being guaranteed if you get cut or not and sign with another team. I vaguely remember that was the issue with Griffin which was resolved.

killxswitch 07-25-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3068067)
I think a lot of the hold ups are from the money being guaranteed if you get cut or not and sign with another team. I vaguely remember that was the issue with Griffin which was resolved.

But that should be put to rest at this point. So many 1st round picks have signed and to my knowledge none of them have any of that offset language garbage.

marshallb 07-25-2012 03:47 PM

Vikings signed Josh Robinson today, and the holdup with Kalil is in the offset language, which the Vikings put in every contract.

Smooth Criminal 07-25-2012 04:01 PM

Bengals last two rookies have signed. I'd expect most of them to sign quickly.

vidae 07-25-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3068071)
But that should be put to rest at this point. So many 1st round picks have signed and to my knowledge none of them have any of that offset language garbage.

I could have sworn that I read some of them did in fact have that language in their deals.

I don't know what the hold up is, but I read a rumor that he's signing as soon as he gets to KC, which should be later today or early tomorrow.

Who knows though.

49ersfan_87 07-25-2012 04:27 PM

Quick update for today- Brandon Thompson, Josh Robinson, and Olivier Vernon have all signed contracts today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ndon-thompson/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...josh-robinson/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...livier-vernon/

10 remain.

killxswitch 07-25-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3068097)
I could have sworn that I read some of them did in fact have that language in their deals.

Do you remember which ones, or even a general idea of what level of draft pick they were? Hard to imagine a top 5 or 10 pick allowing that in the contract, when so many other top picks don't have it. Maybe the holdup with Blackmon is different.

FUNBUNCHER 07-25-2012 05:19 PM

Inexcusable.

T-RICH49 07-25-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3068060)
If the pick before and after you has signed (Like Poe) I don't see what else there is to talk about.

The 10th pick got 12 million the 12th pick got 10 million, so Poe should get 11 and call it a day.

+1,000,000. Preach man

gpngc 07-25-2012 10:56 PM

Calm your nips everyone. None of these 'holdouts' are going to be longer than a couple of days. It's definitely just the language of the contract. Jenkins had some issues because the Rams wanted to protect themselves if he got in trouble off the field.

killxswitch 07-25-2012 10:59 PM

Fleener and Allen are both now signed so the Colts' rookie class is all set to go. I am really wondering what is up with guys like Blackmon. Maybe the arrest is playing a factor somehow?

wogitalia 07-25-2012 11:38 PM

Of course the Vikings are on this list...

brat316 07-25-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3068434)
Fleener and Allen are both now signed so the Colts' rookie class is all set to go. I am really wondering what is up with guys like Blackmon. Maybe the arrest is playing a factor somehow?

WRs man, every year there is one.

killxswitch 07-25-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 3068501)
WRs man, every year there is one.

He did not strike me as a typical problem child WR but the cracks are starting to show.

marshallb 07-26-2012 12:56 PM

Vikings announced Matt Kalil signed, so the Vikings have everyone signed with them reporting for camp today.

There is no offset language in the fourth year. They dropped that in order to get him to camp on time.

vidae 07-26-2012 01:01 PM

Dontari Poe has signed.

T-RICH49 07-26-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3068784)
Dontari Poe has signed.

whew!!!!went down to the wire

onejayhawk 07-27-2012 12:31 PM

Who's left?

J

bernbabybern820 07-27-2012 09:01 PM

Criner for the Raiders. 5th round pick but he's been doing really well in camp.

LonghornsLegend 07-27-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3068432)
Calm your nips everyone. None of these 'holdouts' are going to be longer than a couple of days. It's definitely just the language of the contract. Jenkins had some issues because the Rams wanted to protect themselves if he got in trouble off the field.

Doesn't matter, still doesn't make sense even for a few days. Like Tannehill not being signed, whether it's a few days or not I want him getting every rep possible in TC even if he doesn't start this season(which if it were up to me he wouldn't). I just honestly don't see the point.

gpngc 07-28-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3070214)
Doesn't matter, still doesn't make sense even for a few days. Like Tannehill not being signed, whether it's a few days or not I want him getting every rep possible in TC even if he doesn't start this season(which if it were up to me he wouldn't). I just honestly don't see the point.

Because you have nothing at stake in terms of the detailed language in his particular contract. He and the team do.

Missing three or four days of camp is nothing in the grand scheme of things. That's why they call them 'reps' because it's just a lot of repetition. He'll get plenty of time to work this preseason.

Unless the holdouts last more than two weeks or something in which case you guys are right to freak out and I'm being naive to give the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs (Post 3071019)
GPNGC whacks off to Toddlers and Tiaras.

This is not true.

I googled the show and it looked terrible. Thank you for bringing up quite possibly the worst TV show I've ever heard about to this board full of football fans. The fact that you know it exists says a lot about your non-football interests.

David Amerson.