Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Lions Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Training Camp Buzz (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53466)

Maybe This Year Mayhew 07-27-2012 08:27 AM

Training Camp Buzz

Training camp is here!!!!!

No PUP for LeShoure which is great news, still no word on Best. Broyles crushed his condidtioning test so that is very good news as well.

Big battles for CB2 and nickel CB (hopefully Lacey and Bentley) and Tackle with Reiff and the starters. I hope Reiff beats out Gosder(who is a FA next year).

Maybe This Year Mayhew 07-27-2012 02:40 PM

And Best still on PUP. Hope it's just precautionary or that will really suck.

Along with Jonathan Scott, Chris Greenwood and Ronnel Lewis on PUP.

Scotty D 07-27-2012 03:15 PM

Finally, its here! #2 CB battle is going to be a big story to follow. Is Avril there?

Good twitter to follow for updates

https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson

Maybe This Year Mayhew 07-30-2012 08:17 AM

LeShoure(hamstring),Backus(thumb),Coleman(leg), Delmas and Best(concussion) are out on Monday. Hope Delmas is ok. Everyone day to day except for Best

Lacey and Bentley looked good on Sunday. Hope its Houston,Lacey and Bentley winning the job.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 07-30-2012 09:27 AM

Lions RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLDET
Stafford to Johnson with surgical precision. Again, and Again, and Again.....repeat as needed for 16 games

Maybe This Year Mayhew 07-30-2012 09:29 AM

Lions RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLDET
Riley Reiff getting extra reps in team drills. 2nd and 3rd team RT. New signing T Jonathan Scott in at 3rd team LT

9m Lions RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLDET
Jason Fox getting 1st team LT reps in Backus' place. Kyle Vanden Bosch giving him all he can handle in run drills

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-08-2012 11:53 AM

Delmas had surgery on his left knee. Opposite from the one he injured last year. Week to week. Hope Delmas can get back by Week 2. This sucks.

Kevin Smith hurt his quad, Best still out and LeShoure with hamstring problems. RB injuries suck too.

Scotty D 08-08-2012 12:05 PM

I wish they could get Ryan Grant signed but there must be a reason. Game on FRI will be shown live. Seems like we play the Browns every preseason.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-08-2012 12:08 PM

Great Lakes Classic. We do play the Browns every season alternating home and away. And Bills too. Makes sense no reason to travel so far every game. Though they are both home this year and we have to go all the way to Oakland. Oakland is a decent test in game 3 though.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-09-2012 11:43 AM

Interesting Wendling and Coleman are starting on Friday. Spievey is healthy. Delmas needs to get healthy by Week 2 but that is why they had surgery. We all saw what happened when Delmas tried to play on a bum knee in the playoff game last season or a groin that bothered him all year like in 2010.

Scotty D 08-09-2012 12:09 PM

Wendling has been making some plays in camp. Maybe he took a step forward.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-09-2012 12:54 PM

Wendling actually played alot in 2 games last year. 24-13 win over the Bears Week 5(Spievey didn't play all game) and he played alot of the game against Oakland when Harris got a concussion. Wendling played better in the Bears game but had some bad angles against the Raiders. I believe Wendling played half the game against the Bucs in 2010. Wendling in the game Lions are 3-0. Wendling is still somewhat atheltic and doesn't gamble as much as Spievey and Delmas.

Scotty D 08-09-2012 07:13 PM

Bill Bentley 3rd round pick getting the start opposite Houston. Can't wait to see how he does. Could be huge for this team.

Brothgar 08-09-2012 07:39 PM

My buddy who has been going to camp said that Bentley has picked off Stafford three times in camp and is doing awesome in press coverage. Its also nice to see Avril in camp as well.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-10-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 3084934)
My buddy who has been going to camp said that Bentley has picked off Stafford three times in camp and is doing awesome in press coverage. Its also nice to see Avril in camp as well.

Wait and see on the press. Bentley is pretty small and so is Burleson and Young. I want to see him bump Jordy Nelson or Julio Jones

Scotty D 08-10-2012 04:55 PM

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/0...lions-tonight/

Lions ruled these players out tonight

RB Jahvid Best
RB Mikel Leshoure
WR Ryan Broyles
OT Jonathan Scott
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
DE Cliff Avril
DT Sammie Hill
CB Chris Greenwood
S Don Carey
S Louis Delmas

Notredameleo 08-10-2012 09:53 PM

Kellen Moore is poop.

Scotty D 08-10-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notredameleo (Post 3086439)
Kellen Moore is poop.

Yeah, he has a noodle arm. His WRs weren't helping him out though. Wonder why they didn't play RJ Archer.

PoopSandwich 08-11-2012 01:38 AM

Went to + rep scotty d for something then realized i was wasted and hit post instead of + rep. Carry on.

noondog 08-12-2012 10:20 AM

Bill Bentley looked great imo, outside of getting beat deep early. R Lewis, T Lewis and E Brown all impressed me as well. We should have a deep pass rush. On the flip side, Fairley disappointed me.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-13-2012 09:12 AM

Reiff did really well getting alot of snaps but so did Gosder. Backus got beat on the Stafford int. And I didn't like Stafford throwing off his back foot but he had too on the play. Suh had a nice pressure to kill the second drive and made a nice tackle on the first run play.

Bentley pick was nice and the other one should have been a pick 6.

Whitehead didn't impress me and missed a couple tackles. Green was inconsistent as well and needs to get his head around when the ball comes.

Hopefully the offense gets in sync against the Ravens

georgiafan 08-13-2012 12:08 PM

I was impressed with the competiton at DE and HB for the lions gonna be intresting to see who all makes it.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-13-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 3088168)
I was impressed with the competiton at DE and HB for the lions gonna be intresting to see who all makes it.

Yeah Avril(houldout) and KVB(knee) didn't even play. Willie Young is doing really really well, Lo Jack is solid but gets the injury bug almost every year but 2010, Everette Brown(1.5 sacks) likes this system and will be very hard to cut but he might be cut. He was good prospect 2nd round pick that never did much for Carolina or San Diego. Same thing with LoJack in Seattle but he turned into a nice player when healthy. Ronnell Lewis got some pressure and made the big stop on the 2 pointer and he's switching from OLB to DE. He will be helpful on special teams.

Keiland Williams stunk last year for Detroit but hopefully can do better if Best doesn't get better and LeShoure suspended 2 games. Kevin Smith when healthy now is a different running back but that's his problem getting dinged up. People forget he had 900 yards his rookie year, 4.2 YPC. 900 yards from a RB is all this Lions offense needs. And Smith can pass protect and catch the ball plus found a nose for the endzone last season.

georgiafan 08-13-2012 01:39 PM

So do you think Brown and Lewis make the final roster? Bc it seems like Avril,KVB, Young, and Jackson are locks. It seems like 6 DE's is alot to keep.

How many HB's make the roster? I thought the HB from Wayne St I forget his name looked good that had all the yards in the 2nd half

Maybe This Year Mayhew 08-13-2012 03:14 PM

It's between Everette Brown and Andre Fluellen for that 9th Dline last spot. Fluellen can play both DT/DE(in a pinch) but Brown is more explosive.

Lewis is a lock for special teams. They may keep one less LB because they kept 7 last year and one Ekejinuba was a special team player only at LB. So Lewis sticks there as DE but really just a special team player. They used a formation with Suh/Fairely/Corey Williams 3 DL and Ronnel Lewis rushing standing up in practice that was interesting.

RB Best,Kevin Smith are locks unless Best gets really bad news with the concussion. They have been using Logan as RB and he was kept as KR/PR/WR last year. But he depends on if he wins the return job and Best's health. LeShoure won't count the first 2 weeks with suspension so it's possible they keep both Keiland Williams and Joique Bell until LeShoure is back Week 3. I don't think they keep a FB and use Will Heller as an HB like last year. Though James Bryant has looked good in camp at FB.