Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Official Training Camp thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53474)

Ness 07-27-2012 09:41 PM

The Official Training Camp thread.
 
Might as well have a separate thread for photos and reports. Here is a summary of the 49ers first practice. Crabtree injured his ankle. I can't believe going into his fourth season he has still yet to play in a preseason game and complete a training camp without either getting hurt or some business matter getting in the way.

Quote:

Summary: Receiver Michael Crabtree came up hobbling with an apparent right ankle injury and sat out the final 20 minutes of the 49ers' first full-squad practice of training camp. Crabtree walked gingerly off the field and into the locker room at the conclusion of the 2-hour, 20-minute practice. He did not have his ankle wrapped. Crabtree has never played in an exhibition game in three previous seasons with the 49ers. He missed all of training camp as a rookie in a contract stalemate. The next year, he missed most of camp with a neck injury. Last year, he missed training camp after undergoing offseason foot surgery. Up to the point he came off the field, Crabtree had a good practice as the team's starting flanker opposite of Randy Moss.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...91&feedID=5936

Splat 07-27-2012 11:43 PM

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...ed-to-practice

Quote:

Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Tony Moeaki all passed their physicals to open Chiefs training camp and have been medically cleared to practice.

It's a terrific sign for a team that lost a large chunk of its talent base after Charles, Berry, and Moeaki all suffered September ACL tears. They've each had ample time to recover and progressed free of setbacks. The silver lining to Kansas City's forgettable 2011 season was that Charles, Berry, and Moeaki will all be nearly a full year removed from the ACL injuries when the 2012 season begins. Charles will be worth monitoring closely during the preseason. He's battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job.
In bold haha.

Quote:

With Dwayne Bowe officially holding out, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin opened Chiefs training camp as a starter opposite Steve Breaston.

"His weight is down," coach Romeo Crennel observed of Baldwin. "He's in great shape. He's got a good attitude. I anticipate he will have a good year going forward." Baldwin also got first-team reps in spring practices, and would start if Bowe missed regular season games. We just don't see that happening.

WCH 07-28-2012 12:00 AM

"[Jamaal Charles is] battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job."

What is this I don't even...

descendency 07-28-2012 12:15 AM

Apparently Dont'a Hightower "rerouted" Wes Welker up field about 5 yards today.

I hope he knows Welker is kind of small and pretty important to this team... please don't break him!

vidae 07-28-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3070301)
"[Jamaal Charles is] battling Peyton Hillis for snaps, and possibly a starting job."

What is this I don't even...

It's the same approach they had when Thomas Jones was here. It kept Charles fresh and he ran for over 1400 yards at an insane 6.4 ypc average. I don't mind Hillis taking the beating instead of Charles, I'll tell you that much.

General Zod 07-28-2012 09:17 AM

A funny tweet from Chris Kluwe today...


Chris Kluwe‏@ChrisWarcraft

I would like to apologize to anyone that was at practice and saw my throw during the fake punt. I Tebow'd the **** out of that one.

Matthew Jones 07-28-2012 11:28 AM

It looks like the Patriots are going to be running more four-man fronts. It seems like Trevor Scott and Rob Ninkovich have been starting on the ends, with Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette rotating in. Brandon Deaderick was seen exclusively at defensive tackle (second team) behind Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork, who is supposedly looking much slimmer. Jonathan Fanene saw almost all of his work at defensive tackle.

Right now Kyle Arrington appears ahead of Ras-I Dowling on the depth chart, but when the Patriots go into their sub package, Dowling plays on the outside, with Arrington in the slot.

Other than that, Bobby Carpenter has been seeing a lot of playing time in the sub packages along with Dane Fletcher.

Offensively, Tom Brady, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, and Aaron Hernandez seem like the standouts.

Dan Koppen has been getting a lot of work as the starting center.

scottyboy 07-28-2012 12:20 PM

Giants running deep at linebacker

Boley-Blackburn-Kiwnuka

Rivers-Herzlich-Williams.

Me likey

Pat Sims 90 07-28-2012 01:25 PM

Marvin Lewis has banned players for using twitter during Training Camp.

SuperMcGee 07-28-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3070526)
It looks like the Patriots are going to be running more four-man fronts. It seems like Trevor Scott and Rob Ninkovich have been starting on the ends, with Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette rotating in. Brandon Deaderick was seen exclusively at defensive tackle (second team) behind Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork, who is supposedly looking much slimmer. Jonathan Fanene saw almost all of his work at defensive tackle.

I always wanted Scott to be successful, and I fear that it might actually happen under BB.

Fitzpatrick seems really in sync, so far. Pads don't come on until tonight, though. Gilmore against Stevie seems to be the most interesting matchup. Glenn vs. Hairston at LT is the most intriguing competition, for sure. Hoping Glenn doesn't make a habit of struggling with the likes of Chris Kelsay.

brat316 07-28-2012 03:52 PM

oh man. lets goooo

gpngc 07-28-2012 04:15 PM

Kevin Kolb just throwing picks like an idiot.

Knicks and Bucs 07-28-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3070813)
Kevin Kolb just throwing picks like an idiot.

Hey I'd like to see you go out there and throw a pass. I bet you would do worse than kevin kolb. All you do is sit on your fatass and talk **** so go and do it you worthless piece of **** oh and by the way nice SN you stupid mother ******.

Giantsfan1080 07-28-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs (Post 3070889)
Hey I'd like to see you go out there and throw a pass. I bet you would do worse than kevin kolb. All you do is sit on your fatass and talk **** so go and do it you worthless piece of **** oh and by the way nice SN you stupid mother ******.

Mrs. Kolb?

Knicks and Bucs 07-28-2012 05:51 PM

No, I am a Jets fan not a bucs fan. The bucs indeed suck donkey balls like the other teams. The jets are truely number one. We own NYC not the ******* vagiantas. If you want to ban me go free mr. webmaster. Ban my ass straight from this thread. If you have the hair that is.

scottyboy 07-28-2012 05:59 PM

man, I wish I was a teenager again. This kid's just living it up

Brothgar 07-28-2012 06:02 PM

Matt any news on Marcus Cannon?

Brothgar 07-28-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs (Post 3070894)
No, I am a Jets fan not a bucs fan. The bucs indeed suck donkey balls like the other teams. The jets are truely number one. We own NYC not the ******* vagiantas. If you want to ban me go free mr. webmaster. Ban my ass straight from this thread. If you have the hair that is.


Ness 07-28-2012 06:45 PM

Apparently undrafted free agent Nathan Palmer was blowing it up at camp yesterday alongside Moss. I think he was getting some praise in mini camps too. Hmmm....

Pat Sims 90 07-28-2012 07:21 PM

As of now Brandon Tate is playing opposite Green.

Newman is playing opposite Hall with injuries to Clements and Kirkpatrick.

Carlos Dunlap is also rolling with the 1st team.

49ersfan_87 07-28-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3070933)
Apparently undrafted free agent Nathan Palmer was blowing it up at camp yesterday alongside Moss. I think he was getting some praise in mini camps too. Hmmm....

Barrows was asked which WR's stood out besides Moss. His answer? Not Crabtree, Manningham, or the 1st rounder Jenkins, but Palmer.

Quote:

Yes, Nathan Palmer @RealNaPalm looked good... ritz245552 other than moss were they any other standouts at WR yesterday?
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...07930057506816

I've been on his bandwagon since May, come on Palmer!

Ness 07-28-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 (Post 3070968)
Barrows was asked which WR's stood out besides Moss. His answer? Not Crabtree, Manningham, or the 1st rounder Jenkins, but Palmer.



https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/stat...07930057506816

I've been on his bandwagon since May, come on Palmer!

Yeah I think I saw your post on the official board.

DoughBoy 07-28-2012 09:39 PM

Zach Brown looked amazing today per reports. Our LBer core is gunna be so sexy one day.

vidae 07-28-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughBoy (Post 3071223)
Zach Brown looked amazing today per reports. Our LBer core is gunna be so sexy one day.

Yeah, but how is Justin Gage doing?

DoughBoy 07-28-2012 10:08 PM

He was traded to the Chiefs for all da picks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.