Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What are you looking forward to? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53493)

draftguru151 07-29-2012 05:27 PM

What are you looking forward to?

College football is getting close WOOOOOOOOOO.

So what is everyone excited for this season?

As a Canes fan I can't wait to watch Duke Johnson play.

The exciting top talent in college football really doesn't seem to be there at the moment but I'm pretty excited to watch USC play this year.

JRTPlaya21 07-29-2012 05:28 PM

I'm pretty pumped for Bama v Michigan in Jerryworld and then the BCS rematch with LSU. Hopefully I can get down there for that one since I missed out on 9-6 last season.

hawkeye123 07-29-2012 05:33 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pac 12 out of conference games.

Washington vs LSU
Cal vs Ohio State
UCLA vs Nebraska
Arizona State vs Illinois/Missouri

CashmoneyDrew 07-29-2012 05:41 PM

Looking forward to UT's aerial assault and their new 3-4 defense. Should be a much improved, and fun season.

BRAVEHEART 07-29-2012 07:57 PM

Looking forward to see USC (as always).

WSU with Mike Leach.

See if UGA is the real deal this year.

See if UW takes the next step.

See if UCLA is better with Mora and his staff.

See if Michigan can beat Bama and roll on from there.

Tennessee's aerial assault.

Really everything. I wanna see college football, and I want it now.

CashmoneyDrew 08-01-2012 01:17 PM

Prepare your anuses.

BuckeyeDan17 08-01-2012 01:29 PM

An osu squad led by anyone except for Luke ******* fickells bro ass.

Usc and Texas offense. There's more but typing kn a kindle isn't enjoyable for me.

Grizzlegom 08-01-2012 01:34 PM

I'm just happy there's going to be football in Happy Valley. Excited to see how O'Brien can improve the offense.

Other things: Excited to see how Silas does for USC, hope he has a monster year.

Excited to see what UVA can do, I think London has them moving in the right direction.

WCH 08-01-2012 02:15 PM

I'm excited about watching Denard Robinson play QB for one last season. I love that guy -- he's the only good thing to come out of the RichRod era. In 2013 we're going back to pro-style QBs, but I'll have fun watching Denard this season.

MassNole 08-01-2012 02:33 PM

First BCS game since 2005
Third consecutive state title

iowatreat54 08-01-2012 02:36 PM

Excited to see what kind of offense we roll out with. Not only because Greg Davis is now our OC (not expecting anything too crazy with him), but because we basically have no RBs, plus returning the leading passer in the Big Ten, and most of our offensive weapons are WRs or TEs, should equate to lots of passing.

Also, looking forward to seeing if Ferentz changes his in game mentality at all with the new OC and DC, plus the influence of some new, young coaches. He's already changed some things in the offseason (recruiting BBQ, allowing social media possibly, pro combat unis) to tailor to the fact that it isn't 1990.

Pat Sims 90 08-01-2012 03:33 PM

Excited to see not a ultra conservative offense at Ohio State.

RCAChainGang 08-01-2012 04:21 PM

The Mettenberger.

I think the Tigers have a shot at making it to the NC again. Most of their big time stars are returning and their biggest weakness at QB could be a strength with good play from Mett. We will see.

nrk 08-02-2012 01:19 AM

The reunification of Mike and Bob Stoops!

WSU with Mike Leach should be interesting as Braveheart mentioned.

Also seeing the teams who switched conferences should be fun.

sbh15 08-02-2012 01:21 AM

Gators' improved D (lost pretty much nobody from last season)

who wins our QB battle/how Gillislee does as a starter. been waiting for him since his freshman year

SuperMcGee 08-02-2012 02:04 PM

Seeing Maxwell watch lister and Ray Rice body double Branden Oliver getting 400 touches for Buffalo.

Ron 08-02-2012 02:23 PM

Im just excited to watch the SEC. Can't ******* wait.

MassNole 08-03-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3076112)
Gators' improved D (lost pretty much nobody from last season)

who wins our QB battle/how Gillislee does as a starter. been waiting for him since his freshman year

I think it's a shame Ronald Powell is being rushed back onto the field, seems like a 1997 Jerry Rice situation waiting to happen.

Brent 08-03-2012 08:35 AM

as an A&M fan/alum:

-Sumlin's offense in the SEC
-How Showers does as our new QB
-What I hope is a healthy Christine Mitchell
-if the o-line can be as effective in the SEC as it was last year
-can they at least win 6 games and make a bowl?

JHL6719 08-03-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3077619)
as an A&M fan/alum:

-Sumlin's offense in the SEC
-How Showers does as our new QB
-What I hope is a healthy Christine Mitchell
-if the o-line can be as effective in the SEC as it was last year
-can they at least win 6 games and make a bowl?

Andre Ware raves about Showers... called him one of the most gifted throwers of the football he'd ever seen in person and compared him to Warren Moon (the way the ball comes out of his hand).

How accurate do you feel Ware's take on Showers to be? Do you think this type of praise for his physical ability is legitimate?

Malaka 08-03-2012 11:08 AM

I am looking forward to my first season of college football as a fan of a team not just of the game or looking at prospects!

Go Cavaliers! :p

Do I have anything to look forward to?

Phillip Sims? I don't know to much about UVa football.

gpngc 08-03-2012 12:21 PM

Jordan Rodgers.

SickwithIt1010 08-03-2012 12:51 PM

USC is gonna be special to watch this year. The last 2 years have sucked with the sanctions so itll be nice to watch them play in a season that will reward them at the end of the year.

Brent 08-03-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 3077639)
How accurate do you feel Ware's take on Showers to be? Do you think this type of praise for his physical ability is legitimate?

I, honestly, don't have a clue. I haven't lived in College Station for 3 years, so I haven't seen any practices, and Showers has thrown 5 passes in his career. I know that, as a junior in HS, he was all-state, which is pretty impressive, before missing his senior year. What's interesting is that Sumlin recruited him and our top back up when he was at Houston, so I am hoping that means they're a fit for the system.

Don Vito 08-03-2012 03:19 PM

I'm looking forward to Hugh Freeze. After the last two dismal years of Ole Miss football, Freeze looks like he is what we need. Not really a sexy hire but he is a hard worker who has done well with recruiting for how little he has to sell right now. I don't think we will see any results for a few years, but if we are patient Freeze could be great for this program.