Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dez Bryant's Baby Sitting (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53644)

bigbluedefense 08-26-2012 01:00 PM

Dez Bryant's Baby Sitting
 
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-dez-bryant/

You know...I've never piled on Dez. I thought he was an amazing talent, and that his issues were overblown.

But the more I read about him, the more I'm starting to think he's just never going to realize his potential. Look at these rules. What a joke! If a grown man needs this kind of supervision, why should I believe in him on the football field? How can you trust a man who needs security to escort him to practice?

Even Jerry Jones himself has said that if Dez doesn't shape up, he won't stay on the team. That leads me to believe that there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about that Dallas does a good job of hiding from the media about this guy, and now it's gotten to a point where they have to enforce Pacman like rules just to keep him from screwing up.

If it's really that bad, can you trust this guy?

I really want to draft him too. :(

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 01:13 PM

He's a *****. I'm glad he's the best WR in the NFC East since he got drafted though according to one person.

D-Unit 08-26-2012 01:15 PM

He's still an amazing talent. As far as his season will go, as long as he's healthy he should have his best season yet. Health is the only thing I worry about him. The Cowboys rules for him only make me feel better about what he does off the field.

bigbluedefense 08-26-2012 01:18 PM

How can you feel good about that though? Just look at those rules. Has there ever been a player in the past where these kind of rules were enforced or some similar type of action was applied and it actually worked?

Bc I can't think of any.

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 01:20 PM

D is incredibly biased on this. It's not good a team has to have a certain set rules to make sure a player doesn't do anything. The ultimate sign of a major problem.

SuperPacker 08-26-2012 01:23 PM

Well if the rules are stopping him from doing stupid things, surely it's a good thing? Obviously not a good thing to have to make them in the first place, but it doesn't make difference if he is staying out of trouble off the field and playing well on the field.

phlysac 08-26-2012 01:30 PM

I found this quite interesting

Quote:

Jones said that these aren’t the strictest protocols put in place for a player since he’s owned the team

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 01:31 PM

Jones has had a lot of criminals on his teams.

tjsunstein 08-26-2012 01:50 PM

I don't see him on the Cowboys in 2014. These set of rules are acceptable for a teenager, but he's 23 years old.

The ultimate, C'mon man!

Trogdor 08-26-2012 01:55 PM

Comical. Giant's fans piling on Cowboys news. Adding structure is hardly cause for alarm. Dez needs to mature the rules put in place should ensure that.

It's not like Dez shot himself with an unlicensed weapon in a nightclub right?

D-Unit 08-26-2012 02:00 PM

Dez was raised by a prostitute drug *****. He hasn't had the kind of rearing growing up that would lead to a man having good habits. But the fact that he put himself in a position to play at this level shows that he battled. The Cowboys aren't just his employer. They care about him. This isn't just about a security watch. He has mentors too. They want him to learn and change. I applaud the Cowboys for doing this. I see him having his best season yet. He has the talent to be one of the best in the game.

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3098961)
Comical. Giant's fans piling on Cowboys news. Adding structure is hardly cause for alarm. Dez needs to mature the rules put in place should ensure that.

It's not like Dez shot himself with an unlicensed weapon in a nightclub right?

You didn't see anyone glorifying him like you guys do with Dez. You should have went with LT.

Ness 08-26-2012 02:03 PM

This guy is incredibly talented and it still isn't too late for him to turn things around. At least he's cooperating with the Cowboys organization to try and get his life straightened out. He probably realizes he's running out of chances. I think this is a good thing.

D-Unit 08-26-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3098966)
You didn't see anyone glorifying him like you guys do with Dez. You should have went with LT.

You care about that that much? LOL.

AntoinCD 08-26-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3098961)
Comical. Giant's fans piling on Cowboys news. Adding structure is hardly cause for alarm. Dez needs to mature the rules put in place should ensure that.

It's not like Dez shot himself with an unlicensed weapon in a nightclub right?

Adding structure is no cause for alarm, however having to be escorted to practice by 3 security guards is a little worrying.

Maybe not for the short term, however would you be willing to give this guy a bumper extension in a year or two knowing that one of the stipulations you would have to put in the contract is he has to be guarded? I know I wouldn't be comfortable with that investment.

Also I disagree that the rules put in place with result in Dez maturing. He may mature, or, and in my opinion more likely, he will rebel. It may not be this week or next week, but a few months down the line he is going to think "why the hell am I being chaparoned?"

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 02:06 PM

All I care about is owning you guys Week 1 and then again Week 8.

D-Unit 08-26-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3098973)
All I care about is owning you guys Week 1 and then again Week 8.

That's cute. My dad can beat up your dad. So I'm better than you. :evil_laugh:

Ness 08-26-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3098972)
Also I disagree that the rules put in place with result in Dez maturing. He may mature, or, and in my opinion more likely, he will rebel. It may not be this week or next week, but a few months down the line he is going to think "why the hell am I being chaparoned?"

We don't know that for sure though. People don't even know Dez personally to get a gauge for his motivations. Just what is reported by the media, which can be blown out of context a lot depending on the situation. I was especially irked by his latest incident with his family where people were clearly quick to jump the gun on Dez based on what was reported when they weren't even there. To assume that Dez will just screw up again or "rebel" I think is a little premature.

Giantsfan1080 08-26-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3098975)
That's cute. My dad can beat up your dad. So I'm better than you. :evil_laugh:

Yeah because that's the same thing. We're better than you because we beat you on the field twice last year once with the division on the line.

Bixby (Thumper) 08-26-2012 02:19 PM

Dez is an immature, unintelligent, dumb **** person. We all knew this. This is guy who couldn't get in shape for his pro-day, forgot his cleats, got barred from holding his pro-day at Oklahoma State, hits his mother, tries to fight Lil' Wayne, gets kicked out of shopping malls and gets in trouble because he can't stop spending money on stupid jewlery. Why is everyone acting all surprised? The guy is a degenerate who would be nothing if it weren't for football. And now because Jerry Jones learned a touch too late he has to pay for Dez's baby sitter and therapy sessions. What a moron. I'm glad he's not on my team.

SolidGold 08-26-2012 02:21 PM

Somewhere Jeff Ireland is smiling...:banana:

bigbluedefense 08-26-2012 02:23 PM

Play nice guys.

I would be scared as hell to extend this guy. I don't question his ability, I know what he's capable of when he's focused.

But maaan, there are a lot of red flags here. You're only fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

And another thing, I don't think it's fair to pile on his mom. Yes, she's a bad person, I don't question that, but there are ALOT of players in the NFL who have had horrible childhoods that do not behave like Dez.

Piling on his mom is an excuse, an excuse that fuels his lack of accountability. And let's be real, the only reason why we're making any excuses at all for this guy is because he can catch a football really well. None of us give a **** about him personally. Nor do the Cowboys. Let's be real about that. They're helping him bc they want to win. Not bc they care. They don't. They'll cut him if they have to.

The excuses for his behavior will only fuel him to continue down that path. And these rules are going to hurt too. You need to teach accountability. Baby sitting him won't solve the problem.

AntoinCD 08-26-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3098976)
We don't know that for sure though. People don't even know Dez personally to get a gauge for his motivations. Just what is reported by the media, which can be blown out of context a lot depending on the situation. I was especially irked by his latest incident with his family where people were clearly quick to jump the gun on Dez based on what was reported when they weren't even there. To assume that Dez will just screw up again or "rebel" I think is a little premature.

I think that would be a fair comment if it was people jumping on him simply for the mall thing or as you mentioned what happened recently. However the fact that the team feel it neccessary to go to these lengths I think speaks volumes about the guy's character.

He may not be a bad guy, but he is incredbly immature and consistently puts himself in bad situations. It's tough to simply mature because constraints are put on you.

Time and again we have seen immature guys make stupid decisions. They may not plan to do stupid things but they do them. You can count the number of NFL players, particlularly highly paid players, on one hand who have had these sudden changes of heart and became model employees.

ShutDwn 08-26-2012 02:28 PM

What is most incredible about Dez Bryant is that he can't grasp what is really at stake, which is basically his life.

I don't think I could be fully behind him if I were a Cowboys fan. He clearly has other priorities.

bigbluedefense 08-26-2012 02:28 PM

He's had like 4 mentors already. None of them worked. Drew Pearson tried mentoring him and according to Drew, "He laughed in my face"

So let's be real for a second guys. He's not just some immature kid who's incapable of taking care of himself bc he's the victim of a poor childhood.

He's also quite the douchebag.

I think he can pan out temporarily, but like I said, if I'm Dallas, Id be scared as hell of extending this guy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.