Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Lighted Glass Bottle - Please look (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53658)

mightytitan9 08-28-2012 09:31 AM

Lighted Glass Bottle - Please look

Hey guys, I've started making these and am wondering what you guys would pay for this, or what you believe I should charge.

Please leave a comment with what you think I should charge, I am going to start making tons of different brands.

Thanks alot

cmarq83 08-28-2012 09:37 AM

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think you're going to have a hard time selling these for anything. Anybody with a bit of common sense could make that.

eaglesalltheway 08-28-2012 09:43 AM

Put some water and highlighter fluid in there and put a black light behind it and you'll entertain a bunch of stoners for a good while.

jrdrylie 08-28-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3100906)
Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think you're going to have a hard time selling these for anything. Anybody with a bit of common sense could make that.

I disagree. People are idiots and lazy. They couldn't build these or wouldn't want to take the time to build these. Selling it to the right people, you cold easily get $30-40 for these.

WCH 08-28-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3100938)
I disagree. People are idiots and lazy. They couldn't build these or wouldn't want to take the time to build these. Selling it to the right people, you cold easily get $30-40 for these.

Exactly. I could build one, but I'd rather just buy one if it was priced in the $30 range. I could see myself hypothetically buying one as a gift for somebody who has a home bar or a "man cave."

mightytitan9 08-28-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3100906)

While I do not disagree it is rather simple to make, most people do not have the skill to drill a hole in a bottle. To others, it'd be worth paying someone else to do just so theirs no risk of a bottle shattering and cutting themselves.

I've actually gotten $40 from a man to drill out two of his crown reserves he brought to me.

mightytitan9 08-28-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3100938)

Thanks jrdrylie, this is just a hobby I've come up with try to make some extra money. There is a local craft show in October that is relatively large and I am hoping to have several made and ready to sell

mightytitan9 08-28-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3100941)
Exactly. I could build one, but I'd rather just buy one if it was priced in the $30 range. I could see myself hypothetically buying one as a gift for somebody who has a home bar or a "man cave."

I also do make glass blocks for the females, but the alcohol bottles are largely to try to get the female crowd buying for their "hard to buy for" son or husband. I feel a woman would have no problem dropping $20-$30 when she walked in and saw something somewhat unique that a male in life might actually enjoy.

dabears10 08-28-2012 11:47 AM

The light is a bit harsh. It should be a warm glowing light, similar to a candle.

Also, what does it look like with colored bottles, say with a green Gin or blue with Bombay Sapphire.

jrdrylie 08-28-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3100949)
Thanks jrdrylie, this is just a hobby I've come up with try to make some extra money. There is a local craft show in October that is relatively large and I am hoping to have several made and ready to sell

If you are going to make several, I'd suggest different types of alcohol. Appeal to more people.

mightytitan9 08-28-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabears10 (Post 3100965)
The light is a bit harsh. It should be a warm glowing light, similar to a candle.

Also, what does it look like with colored bottles, say with a green Gin or blue with Bombay Sapphire.

Jaegermeister bottles look very good. also done an old blue wine bottle.

Tried a beer bottle but it doesn't look very good since beer bottles are made to keep light out so the beer doesn't go bad.

Also tried it with a UV Cake bottle, putting multi-color lights in it. Personally not a huge fan, but i'm sure it will sell to a college aged girl.

Also any ideas on how to fix the light? I've seen people frost the bottle which gives the bottle more of a glow than being able to see the actual lights, only problem is that the bottle looks like crap when it's not lit at all...