Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Week 1: Packers vs 49ers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53683)

PackerLegend 08-31-2012 05:29 PM

Week 1: Packers vs 49ers

Finally its regular season time! Can't wait but we have a pretty brutal opening stretch starting with the 49ers.

TitleTown088 09-03-2012 09:48 PM

Going to be a good one to start things out with.

I sure hope Raji can play and play healthy.

SuperPacker 09-04-2012 02:52 PM

Will be interesting to see how our defense does. They're only going against Alex Smith, so anything less than a solid performance would not be a good sign for the rest of the season. Hoping for (but not expecting) some better tackling, a sign of some pass rush and the offensive line to not get Aaron killed.

PackerLegend 09-05-2012 12:26 PM

Hurry up Sunday I'm so excited! I expect this team to win every game and while I'm very confident I remain quite nervous for this one. I'm glad its at home I think that really helps us out.

BloodBrother 09-06-2012 12:15 AM

I'm glad that they have this tough stretch early in the year

These first 4 games should be a good test for them, and then the schedule sort of weakens out near the end. Glad they have 3 of these games at home. Going 3-1 through the first 4 games would be great. 2-2 is fine as well. Can't dig a huge hole early on so 2-2 is worst case scenario

I hope they give Newhouse some help against Aldon Smith. I'm worried about Vernon Davis carving them up over the middle

with that said, it's at Lambeau and in my lifetime, the Pack have had great success against the Niners. I look for it to continue. You know Rodgers wants to always stick it to them for passing on him in the draft

Pack - 31
Niners - 21

Sportsfan486 09-07-2012 03:25 PM

This will be a tough one but I also think the niners are overrated. They had a sort of magical season last year but that offense is in the bottom half of the league and that defense is brutal but I think there are some openings there in the air, especially if you can get Finley on one of those OLBs or safeties in coverage.

It'll be an interesting game for sure as I expect we'll see LOTS of Niners running the ball and trying to dominate time of possession. It's really one of the few games this year where our run defense will be severely tested, the Niners are one of only two or three teams in the league I see winning a good number of games with a mainly running oriented offense.

princefielder28 09-09-2012 01:57 PM

Finally the day has arrived!!!!

princefielder28 09-09-2012 03:54 PM

Not the hottest start

PackerLegend 09-09-2012 05:03 PM

Thanks Rodgers for throwing the ball out of bounds instead of just falling on the ******* ground! Hdeidjiieheiejjejejr **** **** ****

BloodBrother 09-09-2012 05:12 PM

Officiating has been horrible but so far it's the same old D from last year

Dline isn't getting much push and the Niners have receivers open all over the field

WHy the hell are Lbers trying to cover WR's? They stand no chance there

PackerLegend 09-09-2012 05:30 PM

You pretty much hit it on the head BB. This really sucks, looks like we are starting 0-1.

princefielder28 09-09-2012 05:33 PM

time for Dom Capers to go!

BloodBrother 09-09-2012 05:43 PM

Yep, zero improvement from the D right here

same old, same old. Dline is getting nowhere near Smith and receivers are open all over the field. Coverage breakdowns galore, bad tackling

this is just a bad unit with marginal talent

SuperPacker 09-09-2012 05:46 PM

All the blame goes to the defense; we've scored 7 points...

That is terrible. So ******* annoying.

BloodBrother 09-09-2012 05:51 PM

it's a collective effort but we know the O will be there. This D looks as bad as last year

DJ Smith has not looked good

PackerLegend 09-09-2012 06:07 PM

The D blows but seriously 7 points wtf? We had one of the best O's last year... I don't care how good 49ers D is this isn't acceptable. Capers was great but this D has been really horrible lately, can't even communicate right still.

princefielder28 09-09-2012 06:08 PM

Randall <3

BloodBrother 09-09-2012 06:55 PM

well deserved L

D was weak for much of the game. Couldn't generate much of a pass rush and too many coverage breakdowns

Offense decided to pitch in with a costly turnover deep in their own territory that led to 7 points and essentially the game

RockJock07 09-09-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 3110942)
Officiating has been horrible but so far it's the same old D from last year

Dline isn't getting much push and the Niners have receivers open all over the field

WHy the hell are Lbers trying to cover WR's? They stand no chance there

Yeah, Nick Perry covering Crabtree was ********, there were 2 receptions I counted where Crabtree got 1st downs while be covered by Perry.

Also, Jarrett Bush is still bad, House needs to get healthy ASAP.

BloodBrother 09-09-2012 08:15 PM

Now that I've had time to cool down...I'll just say that I expected growing pains with the D thi syear

they are incorporating a lot of rookies/young guys. I would HOPE they get better as the season goes on, though

today was just not good. The Packers need a legit playmaker at ILB. Hawk/Smith just aren't going to cut it but sadly that's all they have this year. Bush needs to be replaced

they gotta find a way to generate a better pass rush going forward, period

Offense didn't look sharp in preseason and it continued today.

Niners were more prepared and they won the battle in the trenches

PackerLegend 09-09-2012 08:55 PM

I don't care how disappointing shields has looked lately we all know Bush has no business starting. Why the **** do the coaches always put him out there on D. Rodgers made some really bone headed plays. He really seems like he needs to play week in and week out. If he misses a game... like last year and barely playing in preseason #4 he seems to lose his touch a bit.

Its hard to swallow losses especially with a team that could easily have been undeafted last year but.... this might be the best thing. No undeafted talk to worry about and even though we are great and get a lot of hype maybe we will realise we are beatable. We have to bring our best each week because wins aren't handed out there earned.

J-Mike88 09-09-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 3111616)
Rodgers made some really bone headed plays. He really seems like he needs to play week in and week out. If he misses a game... like last year and barely playing in preseason #4 he seems to lose his touch a bit.

Both us and the Giants lost week one here and everyone else in our divisions won.

Rodgers had the ball 2 times late today down a score, and he again, as that Cold Hard Football Facts study showed, he didn't come thru.

The last drive was not his fault as both Bulaga and Lang each decided to let Ahmad Brooks come right in unblocked.
But the first drive Rodgers got the ball back after a Defensive stop down 8, what did he come up with? A terrible pick, very Brian Brohm-like.

2 more takeaways.
#1- our offensive line is the softest group of run blockers I can ever recall seeing. You watch again and see if they ever get a block made and get to the 2nd level.
I saw their OL getting into Hawk's face 5 yards down field. Our OL? They can't even get off the LOS. Benson has no prayer.

#2- the refs gifted us 7 points on Cobb's PR. But they were atrocious. The worst thing was they regularily allowed the Niner DBs to molest our receivers. ANy contact past 5 yards should be a flag.

They'd let them grab and tug Jones, Jennings, and Nelson.
The Packers pass offense is a timing, precise thing. That ILLEGAL contact messes that all up.
Also, it's impossible to catch the ball like that. Then when Jones pushes back, they call HIM?

Big game against the Bears.

RockJock07 09-09-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3111879)
Both us and the Giants lost week one here and everyone else in our divisions won.

Rodgers had the ball 2 times late today down a score, and he again, as that Cold Hard Football Facts study showed, he didn't come thru.

The last drive was not his fault as both Bulaga and Lang each decided to let Ahmad Brooks come right in unblocked.
But the first drive Rodgers got the ball back after a Defensive stop down 8, what did he come up with? A terrible pick, very Brian Brohm-like.

2 more takeaways.
#1- our offensive line is the softest group of run blockers I can ever recall seeing. You watch again and see if they ever get a block made and get to the 2nd level.
I saw their OL getting into Hawk's face 5 yards down field. Our OL? They can't even get off the LOS. Benson has no prayer.

#2- the refs gifted us 7 points on Cobb's PR. But they were atrocious. The worst thing was they regularily allowed the Niner DBs to molest our receivers. ANy contact past 5 yards should be a flag.

They'd let them grab and tug Jones, Jennings, and Nelson.
The Packers pass offense is a timing, precise thing. That ILLEGAL contact messes that all up.
Also, it's impossible to catch the ball like that. Then when Jones pushes back, they call HIM?

Big game against the Bears.

I'm not really sure if you're kidding about Aaron but I'll say this, he didn't play a great game but unfortunately with the defense as it is, he had to play a GREAT game every week to get a win.

The running game is what it is, average at best but the 49ers didn't allow a rushing TD all season last year until very late in the year, they are very good, I'm not as worried about the offense, this is a great defense.

Again, this is the 1st game but the defense wasn't good against a pretty average offense. What remains the same is Bush is bad, Sam Shields needs to start. He isn't a great option but Bush has been here long enough to prove he can cover.

TimmG6376 09-10-2012 09:27 AM

I think this is how we all envisioned Cobb being used when he was drafted. I love it.

If the 49ers DBs are allowed to play like that all season that defense is going to be tough to beat. Reminds me of how our DBs used to play before they started flagging any contact after 5 yards. I don't necessarily have a problem with it if it is called consistently on both sides, but yesterday that didn't seem to be the case.

Pack_Attack_4 09-10-2012 10:26 AM

i didnt see Hayward at all yesterday. even tho hes a rookie he has to be better then bush, i think im better then bush.