Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53759)

KCStud 09-08-2012 07:22 PM

Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

What's the overall perception of him? I liked how he looked last year. 35 TD's, 14 INT's in the SEC. Had a great game against a very good South Carolina team last year.

Surely he'll be a first round pick this year?

Caulibflower 09-08-2012 07:50 PM

I don't know. But I like Mizzou's uniforms.

Babylon 09-08-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCStud (Post 3109402)
What's the overall perception of him? I liked how he looked last year. 35 TD's, 14 INT's in the SEC. Had a great game against a very good South Carolina team last year.

Surely he'll be a first round pick this year?

He looks more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder to me.

Shane P. Hallam 09-08-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3109431)
He looks more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder to me.

I had him in the last first based off of last year, but time to adjust. Just doesn't look dynamic enough to be a franchise guy. I am with ya on 2nd-3rd now.

georgiafan 09-09-2012 12:13 AM

Murray should never be in the 1st round talk and this fom a diehard Uga fan. he is a good college qb that puts up good stats but never plas as good as hs stats say he does. He just lacks several things that a nfl franchise qb needs.

Halsey 09-09-2012 11:08 AM

I wish I felt otherwise, but I just don't see him ever being a franchise QB in the NFL. Even if he can develop into a franchise QB, it's likely a team would have to be patient while he develops. Even Drew Brees needed a few years in the NFL before really taking off. Right now I'd say he's a third rounder to me, at best.

SenorGato 09-09-2012 03:20 PM

He's a good QB prospect but size will hurt him.

Armchair Scout 10-27-2012 07:43 PM

Very disappointed by Murray's play today against Florida. Murray looks good when everything is going well, but too often he seems to play with little confidence. He is capable of making outstanding throws; watching him throw fades and back shoulder throws is very impressive; but when pressured, his passes tend to sail and he doesn't consistently show accuracy on all of his throws.

Give Florida's defense credit for covering well downfield, but Murray needs to go through his progressions quicker and find the open man. Too often he just stares down his primary target and tries to force a throw. He made some bad mistakes that almost cost Georgia the game and didn't have any sustained success until Georgia's game-sealing touchdown drive.

Murray can make deep and sideline throws well enough to be a 1st rounder, but he has had too many awful games in college to be considered anything close to a top prospect. He is a 3rd or 4th rounder in my book who is unlikely to ever be anything more than a back-up.