Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53767)

bored of education 09-09-2012 07:23 PM

Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU

When the highly overrated Brandon Jenkins went down not only did Tank Carradine's draft prospects increase but Bjoern Werner's are catapulting. Don't lie, Jenkins lacked the first step or pass rushing repertoire to be deemed a 1st rounder.

Bjoern Werner is a physical freak who can over power any OT across from him. He has counter moves and the quick first step needed to translate to success at the NFL level.

If he was to declare where would you put him? Could he make his way in to th first?

Razor 09-09-2012 07:34 PM

I really like Werner, but he doesn't have the athleticism to be a truly dominant DE. Imo he's a solid second round pick right now. I like him, but he's not special.

Don Vito 09-09-2012 07:45 PM

Jenkins was a little overrated coming into this year, but he is a talented player. FSU obviously doesn't want to lose a player like Jenkins but they are still stacked with Carradine and Werner. The fact they had all three of them going into this year with plenty more talent on the DL is ridiculous. All three have first round ability I think.

I like Werner a lot but give me Carradine out of these 3. He is an absolute beast.

bored of education 09-09-2012 07:52 PM

Carradine is going to start getting a lot of attention. I am a big fan of his as well. Good vs. the run and pass.

princefielder28 09-09-2012 08:27 PM

I would take Werner in the top 20 but I'm not so sure he'll go that high

BamaFalcon59 09-09-2012 10:44 PM

Jared Allen comparisons coming forthwith.

katnip 09-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3111707)
Jared Allen comparisons coming forthwith.

Just about to come in to type this comparison

BamaFalcon59 09-09-2012 10:56 PM

I'm good. .

TuckNole 09-09-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3111288)
I really like Werner, but he doesn't have the athleticism to be a truly dominant DE. Imo he's a solid second round pick right now. I like him, but he's not special.

Werner might be more athletic than you think.

Babylon 09-09-2012 11:53 PM

Werner already has a ton of sacks this year albeit against JV teams but his numbers are going to be pretty scary by the end of the year. Like him probably more as a 3-4 OLB right now.

villagewarrior 09-10-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3111875)
Werner already has a ton of sacks this year albeit against JV teams but his numbers are going to be pretty scary by the end of the year. Like him probably more as a 3-4 OLB right now.

I haven't seen Werner since early last year but everything about his body and style of play screams 43 end to me. Dudes a football player though, just makes plays. And his name is Bjoern.

SolidGold 09-10-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3111875)

The level of competition is somewhat responsible for his numbers but he is already established as a very good player so it's not like his numbers are just a result of inferior competition. I like him as a 4-3 DE.

On the subject of playing lower competition - I wish the Heisman voters would take into consideration the stats players put up against the cupcakes in their schedule when making their decisions on who to invite to NY.

Babylon 09-10-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3112101)
The level of competition is somewhat responsible for his numbers but he is already established as a very good player so it's not like his numbers are just a result of inferior competition. I like him as a 4-3 DE.

On the subject of playing lower competition - I wish the Heisman voters would take into consideration the stats players put up against the cupcakes in their schedule when making their decisions on who to invite to NY.

Me saying he is putting up numbers against cupcakes is just a statement of fact, it shouldnt be taken as i dont like the guy.

I guess we could make 4-3 comparisons to guys like Jared Allen and Chris Long (sorry for the white guy thing) or guys like Clay Matthews and Ryan Kerrigan but the point is he should be able to get into team's backfield at the next level. I see him getting into that top 15-18 area by draft day.

SolidGold 09-10-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3112289)
Me saying he is putting up numbers against cupcakes is just a statement of fact, it shouldnt be taken as i dont like the guy.

I guess we could make 4-3 comparisons to guys like Jared Allen and Chris Long (sorry for the white guy thing) or guys like Clay Matthews and Ryan Kerrigan but the point is he should be able to get into team's backfield at the next level. I see him getting into that top 15-18 area by draft day.

I was just validating your initial statement on level of competition - just came out wrong - wasn't trying to be vindictive or anything. I agree completely with you.

BuddyCHRIST 09-10-2012 02:38 PM

I don't like the Allen comparison, he's short space athletic but he's not as quick as a guy like Allen. He's definitely more a strength DE, and Is a 4-3 DE all the way imo. I can't even imagine him playing standing up. If anything he could put on more weight and play 3-4 DE as he was about 275 last year.

That said he's a freaking monster, he might not be a super high pick because he lacks elite physical tools but he'll be a good player for a while. The white/white comparison is old, but he is very similar to Chris Long.

MassNole 09-10-2012 02:40 PM

It will be interesting how NFL teams view him going from 275 to 255, but reportedly getting significantly stronger in the process.

SF Dolphin Fan 09-10-2012 09:40 PM

I think he has a chance to go 10-15 in the 1st round. Really underrated prospect right now, but very good.

badgerbacker 09-12-2012 11:13 AM

Sounds like Aaron Kampman. Another white guy, so it's a possibility?

Brown Leader 09-12-2012 01:10 PM

Jason Babin. Mid to late 1st rounder.

Bengals78 09-12-2012 02:05 PM

He is awful and terrible. You don't want him. At all....

BamaFalcon59 09-12-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3114291)
Jason Babin. Mid to late 1st rounder.

This is likely a joke but Babin relies on almost exclusively an outside speed rush, no? Wouldn't seem to be an apt comparison.

Brown Leader 09-12-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3114393)
This is likely a joke but Babin relies on almost exclusively an outside speed rush, no? Wouldn't seem to be an apt comparison.

I wouldn't say that at all. Babin's powerful, quick, undersized and relentless. And not terribly fast but uses a variety of moves to get pressure.

BamaFalcon59 09-13-2012 01:19 AM

Okay, haven't paid too much attention to him but I thought that I read that that was why he was excelling in the Eagles defense rather than the ones he had previously been a part of.

bored of education 09-15-2012 11:00 PM

This guy is very well rounded, might end up in the top half of the first.

CashmoneyDrew 09-16-2012 12:10 AM

I wouldn't mind at all if he were a Titan.