Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Early Season Top 32 for 2013 Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53793)

Brown Leader 09-11-2012 01:04 PM

Early Season Top 32 for 2013 Mock

UPDATED - 9/30

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Barkevious Mingo*/DE/ LSU:
Just a lot of pure potential here but Mingo has the ability to put up a solid season then blow everybody away with his physical testing post season.

2. Oakland Raiders – Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia:
Smith is basically this season's RG3. His physical skills aren't on Griffin's level and his arm talent is not much more than Barkley's, but he makes up for it with an incredible drive and work ethic.

3. Cleveland Browns – Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Dez Bryant caliber talent without the off field baggage. Browns may have just spent a supplemental on Gordon but that move looks very questionable now. My early take on "Flash" is that he's not looking anywhere close to a #1 WR. -try Michael Jenkins pt 2. Little remains a project probably better suited as a situational RB/WR and Massaqoui is surely one of the softest WRs in the league and his contract is up.

4. Kansas City Chiefs – Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Who didn't watch Wilson go off on his squad the other week for quitting and not come away impressed? This guy is like Tony Romo with fire. His mobility, arm strength, knack for producing under heavy pressure and ability to fit it into tight windows puts him over Geno for me.

5. New Orleans Saints – Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Saints also may need a LT to protect Brees but their top priority is probably going to be to rebuild their defense. If they get a shot at Star they can't pass.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Barkley has his critics but he looks a lot like Drew Brees at times. Realistically, I'd say he's something between a Brees and a lesser Matt Ryan. That's a far cry from a big armed athletic type like Freeman but Schaino might be looking for a better game manager. It's fairly quick to move on from Freeman but you get the sense that Schiano is not the patient type.

7. Miami - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC :
They may trade down but the Fins should end up with either Allen or Woods unless they have a shot at Mingo or another stud DE.

8. Indianapolis Colts – John Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
Hankins is almost as perfect a scheme fit for the Colts as Star.

9. New York Jets - Jarvis Jones /OLB/ Georgia:
Jones is the prototypical 34 OLB but he' doesn't look like the greatest athlete to me. His numbers are eye popping but he's a little bit of an overachiever type. He's like a smaller Tambi Hali. I'd like to put Logan Thomas here but I'm not sure a raw QB is what Rex needs right now, although he IS basically a combination of Sanchez and Tebow.

10. Carolina Panthers - Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
Is it finally time to move Gross back over? Oday makes it look effortless. Great athletic ability and attitude for the position. Needs only a strong position coach to clean up his technique.

11. St. Louis Rams (WAS) - Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
How the Rams are getting by starting Hunter at LT?

12. St. Louis Rams - T.J. McDonald /S/ USC::
With Reid's stock dropping, T.J. becomes the top safety.

13. Minnesota Vikings - Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Vikings could use a new centerpiece for the defense.

14. Philadelphia Eagles – E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
Not a huge fan of Manuel but his making progress and it's impossible to ignore his skill set.

15. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
The next Malcolm Floyd? :)

16. Arizona Cardinals - Taylor Lewan /OT/ Michigan:
I'm sensing the Cards might trade back into the first to hit their top two needs, QB and Oline. ( L.Jones?)

17. Tennessee Titans - Damontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
Moore really stands out on that bad A&M defense and could have a big season.

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
Vaccaro is overrated imo but Jeromy Miles?

19. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Banks /CB/ Miss. State:
Smh Lion defense.

20. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Unless they spend money in FA, the Cowboys have to look again at the Oline.

21. San Diego Chargers – Brennan Williams /OT/ North Carolina:
Chargers have gone defense in the 1st in 4 of the last 5 drafts.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/Michigan State:
Perfect fit......sadly.

23. Denver Broncos -Xavier Rhodes /CB/ Florida State:
There's a bunch of quality RBs if the Broncos want to go that route but Champ can't play forever.

24. Chicago Bears - Johnathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Can Chicago go anywhere but Oline high THIS year?

25. San Francisco 49ers - Jesse Williams/DE/Alabama:
Gets a shot this year at the nose but with his impressive movement skills he makes a good he's a 34 DE.

26. Buffalo Bills – Stedman Bailey* /WR/ West Virginia:
Outplayed elite talent Claiborne imo last season and could blow up, Kendall Wright style this year. Tavon Austin is getting the pub but this guy is the teams’ best WR. Don't worry about the QB need, there's always Collin Klein in the 2nd.

27. Green Bay Packers - Joseph Randle /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should contend to be the first RB selected.

28. Baltimore Ravens – Corey Lemonier /DE-OLB/ Auburn:
Keeps improving. Injury prone but continues to produce.

29. Atlanta Falcons - Sam Montgomery /DE/ LSU:
Finally.

30. New England Patriots - Barrett Jones /OG/ Alabama:
Will become more valuable because of his versatility.

31. Houston Texans – David Amerson /S/ NC State:
Exposed at CB and might now be the #2 safety.

32. New York Giants – Ricky Wagner /OT/Wisconsin:
Plug and play OT.

Xiomera 09-11-2012 01:11 PM

The Lions pick only makes sense if Cliff Avril isn't retained (which is possible). They really, really need help in their back seven on defense.

Brown Leader 09-11-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 3113578)
The Lions pick only makes sense if Cliff Avril isn't retained (which is possible). They really, really need help in their back seven on defense.

I should probably include Dee Milliner in here.

Razor 09-11-2012 02:06 PM

I don't see us taking Bailey over Barrett Jones even though WR is a big need.

vidae 09-11-2012 02:09 PM

OLB isn't a need for KC. If we pass on Geno Smith for a linebacker I'm going to burn Arrowhead to the ground.

Brown Leader 09-11-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3113611)
OLB isn't a need for KC. If we pass on Geno Smith for a linebacker I'm going to burn Arrowhead to the ground.

Yes. That wasn't right fixed. :P

tjsunstein 09-11-2012 02:51 PM

As much as Id love a RB, our offense doesnt need to invest in a 1st rounder in one to win. We need to continue to infuse our defense with talent at every level.

Raiderz4Life 09-11-2012 02:54 PM

I'd be so stoked with Wilson. I think he's just what we need, would be OK with Bray too but Wilson the one I wan't. Just don't sour it by saying he's like Tony Romo.

Don Vito 09-11-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3113609)
I don't see us taking Bailey over Barrett Jones even though WR is a big need.

This. Bailey is dynamic and could be a stud here, but we need some more beef on the offensive line and everything about Barrett jones looks like a fit for us.

Pat Sims 90 09-11-2012 04:46 PM

Yes please McDonald would be a major upgrade over what the Bengals have.

Legacy 09-11-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3113572)
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - John Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
Schiano's new defense scheme emphasizes stopping the run.

Can't disagree with the analysis, but a 1st round defensive tackle would mean that the Bucs have selected 5 defensive linemen in the top 2 rounds of the past 4 drafts.

Depth is an issue on the defensive line (and across the entire roster, to be honest), so I wouldn't be upset with the selection of a DT despite the fact that I think a RT, OLB (to replace Quincy Black) and a FS (to replace Barber if/when he retires) are much more pressing needs.

SickwithIt1010 09-11-2012 05:42 PM

I dont understand the Rams pick. They have Finnegan, and they took Jenkins and Johnson in the 2nd round this year, so????

Brown Leader 09-11-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3113750)
I dont understand the Rams pick. They have Finnegan, and they took Jenkins and Johnson in the 2nd round this year, so????

meh, good point.

Bengals78 09-11-2012 05:49 PM

Id consider Jarvis Jones just because he is so beastly.
You gave a good pick for us. But any of these would be acceptable for future references.

15. Kansas City Chiefs - Jarvis Jones* /OLB/ Georgia:

16. Seattle Seahawks - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:

19.Green Bay Packers - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/Michigan State:

21. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery*/DE/ LSU:

22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:

26. Buffalo Bills – Jason Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:

27. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner /DE/Florida State:

31. Houston Texans – Jesse Williams/NT/Alabama:

32. New York Giants – Barrett Jones /OG/ Alabama:

T-RICH49 09-11-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3113594)
I should probably include Dee Milliner in here.

you hate the Chiefs don't you?

bored of education 09-11-2012 07:04 PM

Jarvis Jones would be a part time player sitting behind the beast that is Justin Houston.

Brown Leader 09-11-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 3113799)
Jarvis Jones would be a part time player sitting behind the beast that is Justin Houston.

I don't see Houston on par with Jones at all. And Jones could play multiple positions. Besides QB what do you think will be the teams top need after the season?

vidae 09-11-2012 09:17 PM

ILB, maybe WR, but QB is really the #1.

bored of education 09-11-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3113917)
I don't see Houston on par with Jones at all. And Jones could play multiple positions. Besides QB what do you think will be the teams top need after the season?

Houston is a much better player right now than Jones would be as a rookie. QB, ILB, CB, S. Jones might be able to be a beast but to be an OLB opposite Hali you must be able to cover, set the edge, take on blockers, shed blocks and pass rush. Jones is a beast but does not display the ability to do all that just yet

D-Unit 09-11-2012 09:48 PM

Cooper to the Cowboys? You've been checking out the Cowboys forum haven't cha? LOL. JK I dunno. That's a pick I like at this point in time too.

bored of education 09-11-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3113956)
Cooper to the Cowboys? You've been checking out the Cowboys forum haven't cha? LOL. JK I dunno. That's a pick I like at this point in time too.

I like that pick and a guy like Dallas Thomas would be a beast for you guys. Can play RT or G, might be better suited at G for you guys

fenikz 09-11-2012 11:32 PM

undefeated team picking top 3 is interesting :D

saintsfan912 09-11-2012 11:35 PM

A. Saints won't be picking at 6 lol.
B. Eric Reid all day if he's there.

JPF 09-12-2012 07:46 AM

Would prefer RT or DT for the Panthers but with how you have the board falling Amerson is a good fit. CB & FS are definitely spots that need upgrades.

Cigaro 09-12-2012 09:37 AM

I would probably rather take Luke Joeckel, he is a guy who I rate highly and can play either side, meaning he could take over for Gross in a few years. But Amerson is acceptable as well. Would probably want him at safety and not corner, but we need help there as well.