Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mike Williams vs. Troy Williamson (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5389)

soybean 03-31-2007 04:37 PM

Mike Williams vs. Troy Williamson

Who has a better chance to resurrect their career?

Also, who would you rather want on your team fat ass or stone hands?

A Perfect Score 03-31-2007 04:45 PM

im gunna go with mike williams, just because i think with the proper coaching staff he could be moved to TE and used as an excellent underneath option. He was way more dominant in college then williamson, who was raw out of college and is still raw IMO. Id take williams, due to his college career and potential to succeed as a TE with proper motivation

bearsfan_51 03-31-2007 04:48 PM

Well I think both are terrible, but I have no need for somebody that doesn't even try so I'm taking Williamson.

bearsfan_51 03-31-2007 04:50 PM

Not to mention that Williamson has at least done something. Williams has basically ceased to exist. He's behind Josh McCown on the depth chart for god's sake.

255979119 03-31-2007 04:56 PM

A hard working bust or a lazy bust, i'd go with the hard worker.

princefielder28 03-31-2007 05:01 PM

Williamson due to his athletic ability

cardsalltheway 03-31-2007 05:06 PM

I think Williamson could potentially break out this year if Jackson continues to develop. I think it's too early to call him a bust.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2007 05:07 PM

Willliamson has one last year for redemption. Its been what, 2 years?

I think that he deserves one more year before he's absolutely written off. Right now Id categorize him as a bust, but its not a massive bust until we see what he does this season.

I still think Minny shouldve went after Schaub. I don't know if Tarvis Jackson is the answer at qb.

BuckNaked 03-31-2007 05:07 PM

How is this even a question. Although, Williamson hasn't played all too great, he has still played infinitely better than Mike Williams. Lets not forget he has much more potential as well.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2007 05:08 PM

Mike Williams is one cheeseburger away from being a TE.

Splat 03-31-2007 05:10 PM

Troy Williamson for sure.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2007 05:13 PM

One of the big misconceptions in the NFL is that a WR will give you immediate impact. Most rookie WRs have average rookie years. Its uncommon to see great impact from a WR his rookie year. Colston, Randy Moss, these guys are the exception, not the rule.

Usually, WRs contribution improves greatly his sophomore year, but sometimes it takes a little longer for some guys. Troy Williamson, while he's been a major disappointment thus far, could be an example of this. Im willing to give him one last year to prove he can hold onto the ball. If he can just catch the damn thing, he'll be a good player.

Xonraider 03-31-2007 05:18 PM

I dont like either of them, but Id pick Williamson. He has a lot of talent and has very good speed. With proper teaching, he could be a decent WR.

RaiderNation 03-31-2007 05:32 PM

williams. he needs to lose some weight and get faster

TacticaLion 03-31-2007 05:59 PM

Mike Williams doesn't fit the Lions' offense (nor did he understand it last year)... which is why he probably wont see the field (or make the team). If he was moved to a team that could use his abilities, he could be a great player. People forget the prospect he was and what he did in college... hes got that talent but needs a system not built on speed.

Troy Williamson, on the other hand, has got great speed and some experience. If he improved his catching (which will most likely happen in time), he could become a true threat.

It's too early to write either of these players off (as many have done). Williams could easily "resurrect his career" if moved to a team that could use his abilities... and Williamson could do the same if he improved his catching.

elway777 03-31-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 264330)
im gunna go with mike williams, just because i think with the proper coaching staff he could be moved to TE and used as an excellent underneath option. He was way more dominant in college then williamson, who was raw out of college and is still raw IMO. Id take williams, due to his college career and potential to succeed as a TE with proper motivation

Mike Williams has never blocked anything in his life!

bigbluedefense 03-31-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elway777 (Post 264489)
Mike Williams has never blocked anything in his life!

Soon, his arteries will prove you wrong.

22,895 03-31-2007 06:16 PM

Hopfully Big Mike can prove everybody wrong and be a somewhat productive Wide Receiver in he NFL, but he really needs to work a lot harder and get quicker and lose some weight.

WooWoo21 03-31-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 264496)

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Vikes99ej 03-31-2007 06:24 PM

I wish there was a neither option.

Severe Punishment 03-31-2007 06:27 PM

This is by far my favorite topic to date.

I think the problem with both of these guys is the "systems" they've played in haven't featured them.
In college BMW was thrown to pretty often..and in S.C. Troy "jump started" the offense. In the pro's , they've been forced to learn that there is only 1 ball and many many other people who can contribute.
Neither has adjusted well, and both have been healthy benches (even last year...for T.W. the FINAL game of the year, when the Vikes had NOTHING to play for...he was a scratch.) I personally don't think either will ever have success playing for the teams they're currently under contract with.

..but being a Vikings fan, I'm going to hold out hope.

yourfavestoner 03-31-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 264496)

Hahahaha. If I could give you more rep, I would.

BUTerriers 03-31-2007 06:47 PM

It all depends if Mike Williams ever decides to actually show up for games. He's a big, quick, and unbelievably talented receiver, there's really no reason that he shouldn't be a dominant player in this league if he realizes that he actually has to be some effort in while he plays. I doubt he realizes it this year, but if the Lions release him, hopefully he gets resigned by someone and realizes the error of his ways, I truly think he has a future in this league.

I don't see Williamson as ever being a "star" in this league (his hands aren't good enough for him to be an elite receiver), but hopefully he'll mature into a decent player. I think that in the right system, he'd be an excellent number 2 receiver, he's still young and hardworking guy with world class speed. At the very least, he'll be a good slot receiver and return man somewhere, though he just doesn't fit the Vikings' current system. I think he'll have a better year than Williams this year, though not a great year; the work they're doing to improve his vision should help the drops somewhat.

detroit4life 03-31-2007 07:32 PM

i'd take BMW because if willaism showed dedication and did what he had to do in terms of his weight and dedication then he could be a dominating wr. Williamson just seems like he cant catch the ball. The problem with BMW is not his size but his attitude and effort

cardsalltheway 03-31-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroit4life (Post 264687)
i'd take BMW because if willaism showed dedication and did what he had to do in terms of his weight and dedication then he could be a dominating wr. Williamson just seems like he cant catch the ball. The problem with BMW is not his size but his attitude and effort

That's a very big if.