Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 5 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54015)

Ness 10-02-2012 06:09 AM

Week 5 Discussion Thread.

Thursday
Arizona @ St. Louis

Sunday
Miami @ Cincinnati
Green Bay @ Indianapolis
Baltimore @ Kansas City
Atlanta @ Washington
Cleveland @ NY Giants
Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ Carolina
Chicago @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Minnesota
Denver @ New England
Buffalo @ San Francisco
San Diego @ New Orleans

Monday

Houston @ NY Jets

Bye
Dallas, Detroit, Oakland, Tampa Bay

Ness 10-02-2012 06:15 AM

I'll be in Hong Kong and China for three weeks. Hopefully the sites I use to watch these games live will still be accessible.

This week seems just "okay" to me in terms of matchups. Green Bay at Indianapolis I think will be interesting and Denver at New England. The Eagles/Steelers game will be pegged as a big match up, but I think the Steelers win that one easy. The big gem for me is probably San Diego at New Orleans. San Diego to me is a weak 3-1, while the Saints still haven't won a game. If New Orleans goes 0-5, I wonder if they'll even win 7 games.

Caddy 10-02-2012 06:43 AM

Just go to a bar to watch the games...

AntoinCD 10-02-2012 07:16 AM

So Patriots at home against Denver. I think we need a good Brady vs Manning debate to start up

:deadhorse:

Jvig43 10-02-2012 07:20 AM

Oh those Jets staying in the media

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

GaMeTiMe 10-02-2012 07:37 AM

Interesting in every game has a pretty clear favorite except maybe PHI/PIT. We'll see where the upsets come from

Jvig43 10-02-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3137530)
except that everyone already knows peyton's better at everything but dating supermodels.

also, i'm banning all of you next week after the inevitable blowout because joe mays et al can't cover slow-growing grass.

Oh stop, it will be a good game. Idk why Denver fans think that, my best friend who is a broncos fan said the same thing to me last night. Maybe not recently but Brady has struggled with Denver for most of his career.

AntoinCD 10-02-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3137538)
Oh stop, it will be a good game. Idk why Denver fans think that, my best friend who is a broncos fan said the same thing to me last night. Maybe not recently but Brady has struggled with Denver for most of his career.

Yeah he has a horrible record against the Broncos. I actually think they might be the only team in the NFL (possibly the Giants too) where he has a losing record against them.

I really think Eric Decker is going to go off against the Patriots. Bey-Bey is likely going to get a lot of attention leaving Decker against Kyle Arrington or Sterling Moore.

I really like some Patriots' matchups in this game too though. Dan Koppen is going to struggle with Wilfork. I think that's the nicest way I can write that. I also think the running game can have success.

However, for as well as Solder and Vollmer have played the last two weeks they will be up against it this week. If either struggles it may cause the Patriots to leave Gronk in to block more which is a big blow

jrdrylie 10-02-2012 08:06 AM

I'm going to be vacationing in Florida this weekend. I must get tickets to the Bears game!

Giantsfan1080 10-02-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3137542)
Yeah he has a horrible record against the Broncos. I actually think they might be the only team in the NFL (possibly the Giants too) where he has a losing record against them.

I really think Eric Decker is going to go off against the Patriots. Bey-Bey is likely going to get a lot of attention leaving Decker against Kyle Arrington or Sterling Moore.

I really like some Patriots' matchups in this game too though. Dan Koppen is going to struggle with Wilfork. I think that's the nicest way I can write that. I also think the running game can have success.

However, for as well as Solder and Vollmer have played the last two weeks they will be up against it this week. If either struggles it may cause the Patriots to leave Gronk in to block more which is a big blow

I actually haven't been able to watch the Pats all that much so far this year so how is McCourty doing after the sophmore slump?

AntoinCD 10-02-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3137556)
I actually haven't been able to watch the Pats all that much so far this year so how is McCourty doing after the sophmore slump?

He had two pretty bad plays against Baltimore and has dropped 3 INTs on the year. One in week one, a tough one against Baltimore and an absolute gift in the same game. His actual coverage skills though are IMO better than at any stage in his pro career.

The bad plays against the Ravens have overshadowed what has been an excellent start to the year for him

tjsunstein 10-02-2012 08:28 AM

First game this season I'll have to leave my house to watch.

Grizzlegom 10-02-2012 09:12 AM

The QB love is getting a little ridiculous. Between Jaws and all the other QBs talking on ESPN, its become apparent that no interception ever thrown by any QB is ever their fault. Its always that the WR didn't run the right route, didn't come back to the ball, blah blah blah. Am I the only person that is annoyed by this?

BeerBaron 10-02-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 3137584)
The QB love is getting a little ridiculous. Between Jaws and all the other QBs talking on ESPN, its become apparent that no interception ever thrown by any QB is ever their fault. Its always that the WR didn't run the right route, didn't come back to the ball, blah blah blah. Am I the only person that is annoyed by this?

If you're talking about Romo from last night, then it's justifiable. I think 3 of the picks weren't really his fault, one probably should have been ruled a fumble (the Briggs TD) and one was his fault.

But if you want to see the other side of the coin, wait for someone the media likes to pick on (like Cutler) to have another INT heavy game. I'd be shocked if there is even one mention of it being "the receiver's fault" regardless of whose fault it really is.

Also, watch us have a let down game in Jacksonville this week after such a huge Monday night win. I'll be at the Steelers/Eagles game, so I want have to see it, but I can just smell it coming...

abaddon41_80 10-02-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3137547)
I'm going to be vacationing in Florida this weekend. I must get tickets to the Bears game!

I'll see you there

AntoinCD 10-02-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3137589)
If you're talking about Romo from last night, then it's justifiable. I think 3 of the picks weren't really his fault, one probably should have been ruled a fumble (the Briggs TD) and one was his fault.

But if you want to see the other side of the coin, wait for someone the media likes to pick on (like Cutler) to have another INT heavy game. I'd be shocked if there is even one mention of it being "the receiver's fault" regardless of whose fault it really is.

The major cause of this is announcers and talking heads who don't know what the hell they are talking about. Guys who call games are only there because they either have the right voice or are well known. I am of the opinion that in the booth calling games there should always be an analyst like Mayock who actually knows what he is talking about.

During the Patriots/Bills game on Sunday Dan Dierdoff(??) made so many idiot statements that made it clear he didn't know anything about either team. Tom Brady is apparently the best deep ball thrower in the NFL despite the fact that he really isn't. Marquice Cole made a play on a Bills punt that backed the Patriots up which is a little strange since he plays for the Patriots.

Don Vito 10-02-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3137525)

Diarrhea of the mouth, the Jet way for top to bottom. There are things more important than football but probably just an idiotic thing to say. Go ahead and speak your mind, but don't say it's more important than a winning season. Even if it is just don't say it.

21ST 10-02-2012 09:51 AM

The redskins suck at home. This should be an easy game for the falcons. I couldnt even tell you the last time the skins won a home game

Grizzlegom 10-02-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3137589)

Its not just Romo from last night. I'm seeing it everywhere. On Countdown on Sunday, Jaws was breaking down Peyton's throws from last week and determined that none of the INTs were his fault. The Miami media is saying that Tannehill's turnovers to end the Phins-Cardinals game weren't Tannehill's fault because they keep getting either deflected or he gets hit as he throws. It appears that any miscommunication between the receiver and the QB means its the WRs fault and not the QBs.

I mean I understand that not every INT is all on the QB, but as the QB position continues to get over-glorified, we're getting closer and closer to QBs having zero fault in ever having a poor performance.

Its similar to the argument that when Cutler is playing behind a horrid OL and puts up a stinker, people say "well nobody could perform behind THAT OL." But then a similar scenario exists in Arizona or Jacksonville, its because Kolb/Gabbert are just horrible QBs and ignore the horrid OL performance going on in those towns.

BeerBaron 10-02-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 3137618)
Its not just Romo from last night. I'm seeing it everywhere. On Countdown on Sunday, Jaws was breaking down Peyton's throws from last week and determined that none of the INTs were his fault. The Miami media is saying that Tannehill's turnovers to end the Phins-Cardinals game weren't Tannehill's fault because they keep getting either deflected or he gets hit as he throws. It appears that any miscommunication between the receiver and the QB means its the WRs fault and not the QBs.

I mean I understand that not every INT is all on the QB, but as the QB position continues to get over-glorified, we're getting closer and closer to QBs having zero fault in ever having a poor performance.

Its similar to the argument that when Cutler is playing behind a horrid OL and puts up a stinker, people say "well nobody could perform behind THAT OL." But then a similar scenario exists in Arizona or Jacksonville, its because Kolb/Gabbert are just horrible QBs and ignore the horrid OL performance going on in those towns.

Conflict of interest. Cannot respond. Must...resist...

jrdrylie 10-02-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 (Post 3137593)
I'll see you there

Where are your seats?

abaddon41_80 10-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3137631)
Where are your seats?

Section 130-something, iirc. They are not my tickets but someone with season tickets invited me. If he has the same seats he did last year it is about 1/4 of the way up around midfield

vidae 10-02-2012 11:14 AM

The Chiefs should only lose this game by 40 or so. If you have offensive skill guys on the Ravens, start them this week. Not like you needed to be told that though.

jrdrylie 10-02-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 (Post 3137645)
Section 130-something, iirc. They are not my tickets but someone with season tickets invited me. If he has the same seats he did last year it is about 1/4 of the way up around midfield

Are those club seats? My dad often gets club seats from his job so I'm hoping he can swing me a few. Otherwise, I'll probably be in section 240 or something like that.

abaddon41_80 10-02-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3137654)
Are those club seats? My dad often gets club seats from his job so I'm hoping he can swing me a few. Otherwise, I'll probably be in section 240 or something like that.

Yes they are club seats.