Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Week 6: Packers @ Texans (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54111)

princefielder28 10-11-2012 10:42 AM

Week 6: Packers @ Texans
 
Benson out. Finley questionable (probably more of a good thing that he is).

I think we're in trouble. With the pressure their front line will be able to generate against our pedestrian offensive line, that'll allow them to stick more guys in coverage since they don't have to guard against the run.

Randall Cobb needs to get 10+ touches (not including returns) in this game for us to have a chance at winning.

CheeseKnuckles 10-11-2012 12:01 PM

IMO, if MM could get his head out of his *** and draw up a good game plan as far as play calling goes we could eliminate their pass rush. Stick with the run and use short routes! If Rodgers is getting rid of the ball quickly to short and intermediate pass routes we won't have to worry about our o-line... the only thing is MM thinks we need 30 yards to get a 1st down this year, so we will probably play into their hands and look like idiots.

princefielder28 10-11-2012 06:27 PM

DJ Williams didn't practice today...we can't afford him to be out as well

J-Mike88 10-11-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3147067)
DJ Williams didn't practice today...we can't afford him to be out as well

How long until AQ is back? Next year?

princefielder28 10-11-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3147103)
How long until AQ is back? Next year?

Quarless is a non-factor for the team this year; I don't think he'd make the roster even if he was healthy.

SuperPacker 10-11-2012 07:53 PM

if we lose this the chances of us getting to the playoffs go down dramatically. 10-6 is not a certainty to make it and we still have the @Giants, Lions x2, Vikings x2, @Bears, Cardinals and @Rams. we'd have to go 6-2 for the rest of the season to even have a chance.

princefielder28 10-12-2012 01:03 PM

BJ couldn't make it through practice today; gotta assume he won't be active Sunday night

SuperPacker 10-12-2012 01:32 PM

why...WHY?!

This is ******* ********.

PackerLegend 10-13-2012 09:08 AM

Gotta keep the faith. This team was 15-1 last year. Some things have changed but not like a huge difference overall playerwise. If they get hot their capable of making any run necessary to reach the playoffs. Most teams perform better under pressure. As this team did when it won the SB.

PackerLegend 10-14-2012 11:02 PM

Great game, after that overthrow to Jones was like uugh o not again. But Rodgers stepped up and this is the team we should see every week.

princefielder your also now making the threads everyweek.... u got hot hand

RockJock07 10-14-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 3151365)
Great game, after that overthrow to Jones was like uugh o not again. But Rodgers stepped up and this is the team we should see every week.

princefielder your also now making the threads everyweek.... u got hot hand

I thought the same thing then it was like a switch was flipped. I also got a sinking feeling after Jordy dropped that pass in the 3rd quarter when they were at about the 10 yard line and had to settle for a FG. After the penalty Aaron and Jordy hooked up for an amazing pass/catch.

princefielder28 10-15-2012 07:49 AM

Alex Green looked pretty good for his first extended action

Randall Cobb is an absolute stud

Jerel Worthy and CJ Wilson played a nice game along the defensive line

Casey Hayward showed off his tremendous ball skills

TimmG6376 10-15-2012 08:22 AM

Yeah have to Hayward a lot of credit. The Texans went right at him and he responded better than anyone could have imagined.

TimmG6376 10-15-2012 08:28 AM

I think Rodger's pre-game playlist should consist of clips of Bayless dogging him on First Take.

ImBrotherCain 10-15-2012 09:11 AM

Any news on the injuries?

princefielder28 10-15-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3151567)
Any news on the injuries?

Saine's injury is significant

BloodBrother 10-15-2012 11:30 AM

Saine AND Smith's knee injuries are significant. We'll find out about the injuries during MM's presser later today, but last night he used that word "significant" when mentioning Saine and Smith. He didn't use that when he talked about Perry or Shields, however. For them, he just said Perry had a knee injury and Shields had a shin injury and was kicked in the shin

Perry was standing on the sidelines, smiling and walking around so perhaps he just had a bad bone bruise or something. The loss of Saine and Smith isn't really a big deal IMO. I mean, they'll need to replace Saine since they lost Benson as well and are now down to 2 RB. Smith hurts their depth at ILB, but the guy wasn't playing well anyway

I'm worried about Shields injury, though. He's been playing well this season(getting hosed on the PI calls against him). Hayward has looked great and House has been practicing fully for weeks, so they have the depth there, but it would still be a blow if he has to miss time. The replay didn't look like much, but he was in a lot of pain. His foot was planted and he took a pretty good wack to the leg from Mike Neal. I worry about a fracture in there somewhere from that hit. Crossing my fingers there

ImBrotherCain 10-15-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodBrother (Post 3151666)
Saine AND Smith's knee injuries are significant. We'll find out about the injuries during MM's presser later today, but last night he used that word "significant" when mentioning Saine and Smith. He didn't use that when he talked about Perry or Shields, however. For them, he just said Perry had a knee injury and Shields had a shin injury and was kicked in the shin

Perry was standing on the sidelines, smiling and walking around so perhaps he just had a bad bone bruise or something. The loss of Saine and Smith isn't really a big deal IMO. I mean, they'll need to replace Saine since they lost Benson as well and are now down to 2 RB. Smith hurts their depth at ILB, but the guy wasn't playing well anyway

I'm worried about Shields injury, though. He's been playing well this season(getting hosed on the PI calls against him). Hayward has looked great and House has been practicing fully for weeks, so they have the depth there, but it would still be a blow if he has to miss time. The replay didn't look like much, but he was in a lot of pain. His foot was planted and he took a pretty good wack to the leg from Mike Neal. I worry about a fracture in there somewhere from that hit. Crossing my fingers there

If it were just Saine it wouldn't be a huge loss. Smith while not playing the best was still our main backup to Bishop. Being down to our 3rd string ILB is concerning.

I am hoping the Shields and Perry are alright. Shields obviously could be a decent blow to the secondary and you hate to see your 1st round draft pick go down for any sizable amount of time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.